facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2006, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Surprise!! We found a sympathizer in Atherton

Selfish India must be made to toe the line
Quote:
The nub of the matter, as always, is money. India want to maximise their earning potential and feel they can best do that by playing against Australia, England and Pakistan on a regular basis, rather than Bangladesh or the West Indies.

....The whole point of the Champions' Trophy is to provide funds for developing areas and the FTP is aimed at giving less well off nations, such as Bangladesh and the West Indies, a chance to compete. India, on the other hand, are acting as superpowers tend to act: self-interest first and last and bugger the rest.
Never thought Atherton cared much what kind of opportunities we are getting to play international cricket, but look like his and ours common hatred towards India brought us to the same side. Also notice that he mentioned WI and us next to each other, not Zim and us, which I think a big change in attitude towards us.

Edited on, January 21, 2006, 11:24 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Old January 21, 2006, 06:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

To put it bluntly, Atherton's words are a product of increased respect and care of English people for Bangladesh ever since that victory of ours over Australia. Its not only the hangover of the glory of that match, I do see some genuine concern for the betterment of BD cricket.
Old January 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

I'm not sure how you all think Atherton is doing anything different from customary ? He's still bashing someone, isn't he, and merely using BD and WI to justify his arguments. Oh, so much drooling over a half cent praise !!

And the WI has been playing Test cricket over 75 years. They don't need the pity of Atherton or a trophy to solidify there existence.

But on a different note, Indians being as meek as they are, always follow the contrarian rule and like to take their frustrations out on weaker beings - in this case, they are simply imitating America's current disparaging role in the UN with this fouled up attitudes towards the ICC.
Old January 21, 2006, 09:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
But on a different note, Indians being as meek as they are,
And you base this stereotype on ...? To repeat, please let us NOT use the BCCI Bushism to generalize all people from the country.

Edited on, January 22, 2006, 2:03 AM GMT, by RazabQ.
Old January 22, 2006, 01:43 AM
Banned

What Stereotype ? Condescending attitude on your part, here.

And what is BCCI Bushism ? I have know clue of what you are talking about !!

Looks like we have Chinaman's twin brother here !! Or atleast someone well trained by him - swirling over my head all the time like a nasty critter, wherever I go !!
Old January 22, 2006, 02:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Also notice that he mentioned WI and us next to each other, not Zim and us, which I think a big change in attitude towards us.
I was quite shocked by that statement also.
Old January 22, 2006, 04:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

Bushism = unilateral actions driven by smug self righteousness.

"Indians being meek as they are" = Indians are meek.
Meek is a description of the nationality. Seems like a clear case of stereotyping.

BTW, not all of Chinaman's admonishments are off.
Old January 23, 2006, 12:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
And the WI has been playing Test cricket over 75 years. They don't need the pity of Atherton or a trophy to solidify there existence.
WI has a rich history, agreed. But their current stage of cricket is nothing to be proud of. If not carefully funded by ICC then their cricketing will cease to exist. BCCI's current decisions are affecting that. I personally do not like Atherton's comments. But here would say it is justified.
Old January 23, 2006, 12:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Artherton is angry because England is no more the "Lord of Cricket" as is expressed in his column:

"India's announcements last week as to their future playing arrangements, meekly confirmed by England, has left no one in any doubt who is now master and who is servant."

I don't believe he has simpathy for Bangladesh in any way.
Old January 23, 2006, 05:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rudro
Artherton is angry because England is no more the "Lord of Cricket" as is expressed in his column:

"India's announcements last week as to their future playing arrangements, meekly confirmed by England, has left no one in any doubt who is now master and who is servant."

I don't believe he has simpathy for Bangladesh in any way.
Just as Bangladeshis feel about the treatment meted out by the BCCI. Atherton too, is disgraced at the surrender of the ECB to the BCCI demands. He must be upset about England losing its say in world cricket.