facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2010, 07:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Nayeem should be added purely as a batsman. His bowling, I am afraid is quite below test standards. But hey, he did get 3 wickets against India in the last ODI, so who knows?
we shall see...

Old January 23, 2010, 07:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i mean, frankly speaking, he should have been included in the first test anyway..now if he fails in the ONLY chance he got in tests...fans, BCB, the whole country will be all over his inclusion...

good decision that he was included but then again, he should have been included in the first test.
Old January 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
we shall see...
he's not a good bowler but the way he got UV out the other day was superb. he bowled em
Old January 23, 2010, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
he's not a good bowler but the way he got UV out the other day was superb. he bowled em
it was Gambhir who got bowled, UV was lbw
Old January 23, 2010, 07:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
it was Gambhir who got bowled, UV was lbw
yeah, i didnt see that part becoz of school. I only saw it on the highlights of Ntv and couldnt remember who he got out
Old January 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

NTV information bar on the bottom of the screen says " Junaid is in for Shahriar Nafees"
Old January 23, 2010, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

It is confusing.. He is included but none was released from the team. It is a good idea to get him but in place of Imrul? or Nafees? or Ashraful? We will know in few hours. Nevertheless, if history is of any prediction, India will come strong this time and Bangladesh will need to apply themselves beyond their 100% to show their mantle. Naeem is a versatile, complact player who can play at the lower order of whom India has no clue yet how to handle.... he can be the wild card but again its not certain who he is replacing... My vote woudlve been Imrul.
Old January 23, 2010, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Here's what New Age had to say about it:

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/jan/24/front.html#4

Naeem joins squad but only just

Second Test from today

Azad Majumder A drama unfolded within the Bangladesh cricket team over the inclusion of all-rounder Naeem Islam ahead of the second Test against India beginning at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium today.

The selectors have added the all-rounder at the eleventh hour much to the surprise of coach Jamie Siddons, who claimed that he had not been consulted before Naeem's inclusion in the team. Siddons also ruled out any chance of Naeem playing in the match.

Siddons was seen having a long chat with chief selector Rafiqul Alam in front of the indoor practice facilities on Saturday, but the coach told New Age that they only discussed about the squad for New Zealand tour.

Bangladesh will leave home for New Zealand on January 28 for a brief series which includes a Twenty20 International, three one-day internationals and a Test match. Selectors are expected to name the squad for the series during the Dhaka Test against India. When contacted chief selector Rafiqul Alam also admitted that they included Naeem keeping in mind the New Zealand trip and unless any unexpected situation arises he will not play in Dhaka.

'Naeem is certain to tour New Zealand. So we decided to induct him into the Test squad to give him a chance for preparation,' said Alam.

'Also we have a plan to release the players, who will neither play in the Test match nor will be touring New Zealand, for National Cricket League duty. In that case we will need some extra players to serve the team in the Test,' he said.

The third round of the National Cricket League will begin on January 26.

Top-order batsman Shahriar Nafees is most likely the player to get the marching order as his chance of playing either in the second Test match or touring New Zealand is slim. The fitness of Shahriar came under serious scrutiny in the first Test when he made only 27 runs in two innings.

Junaed Siddique will replace him in one-down position. The poor fitness of Shahriar helped Imrul Kayes retain his place despite the opener made only 24 runs.

Kayes dropped Sachin Tendulkar on 16 in the first innings and Gautam Gambhir on 55 in the second innings and both the batsmen went on to score a century, which was one of the decisive factors in the first Test. A couple of changes are on card in the Indian team as well with skipper Mahendra Singh Dohni, who missed the first Test for back spasm, is all set to return. Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh is also set to return after recovering from a stiff neck.

Dhoni and Harbhajan will replace VVS Laxman and Shantakumaran Sreesanth, who are injured. Laxman damaged his left hand attempting a catch in the second innings while Sreersanth is suffering from a hamstring injury.
Old January 23, 2010, 08:06 PM
Test Cricketer

ash need to go seriously

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 23, 2010, 08:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

ashrafool needs to be dropped
Old January 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
Test Cricketer

kayes imrul need to be dropped
Old January 23, 2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Fans need to be dropped - on their head
Old January 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Jaijaidin reported that Mr Lotus tried to intervene in the selection of playing 11. Lotus wants to drop Ash and Rok. If you are to drop both ash and rok then we dont have any batsman in the team and thats why Naeem was called in without consultation with JS.

When was the last time a team called in a player middle of the series so that he can tour the team with the next series. Absurd, really. Lotus has to go. I know ash's performance is no good. Even I say his place in the team is very shaky. But Lotus simply cannot intervence in Selection. That is not his job and BCB is not Abahoni.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=172188
Old January 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Siddon is a big fan Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Raqibul, Tamim and Shakib. He is also a fan of Zunaid, but due to his recent poor performance, he does not want to back him up at this point. He is giving the benefit of doubt to the selectors by playing Imrul and Shahriar. So that he can say- I told you so! He does not seem to like Naeem and Ashraful. I can understand why he does not like Ash but for Naeem I don't quite understand. To me, Naeem seems to have it all...it is just a matter of time. We have seen a glimpse of it in his recent ODI already.
Old January 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Question for Dr. Z. How can you divide by zero? Don't you get an undefined number? Is it a metaphor that you are using for something? Thanks.
Old January 23, 2010, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yorker
Question for Dr. Z. How can you divide by zero? Don't you get an undefined number? Is it a metaphor that you are using for something? Thanks.
Lol. Yes. Tell me how many people can divider by zero. Do Google Chuck Norris facts.
Old January 23, 2010, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I can see rough times ahead for BD cricket with JS being overpowered by the BCB. He might just pack up his traps and go and leave them in a real mess. He is an Aussie and i dont think that he will tolerate being told what to do. After all, the coach and the captain also have a say in the selection of the squad.
I really hope that Aftab is picked in the squad for NZ. I still feel that he has a lot of potential in ODI and 20/20.
Old January 23, 2010, 09:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

i think Naeem should be in the test....replacing Ash and Junaid replacing Imrul, it should be a much stronger team, also replace rubel with Alam.....
Old January 23, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

within 20 mnutes we will have official news