facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 11, 2012, 08:51 AM

Somebody should put a writ petition on why High Court have to order regular institution to do their regular job everytime. It has become as pathetic as a joke these days.

Old December 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Jamaat are scum but you sound like one of those delusional AL loving "patriots". Where is our beloved Sheikh Hasina speaking out against this and actually punishing these scumbags when we have proof of their crimes? The police is helpless and corrupt in Bangladesh and that's because no police officer has the authority to act in big issues without Apa's approval. Go around the country and talk to people who have lost many of their loved ones due to the rich and powerful, and I dare you if you can find even 10 percent of the guilty have been punished. There is law in this country but that's only if you are not a millionaire or don't have connections with politicians.. and if you are close to Apa then you can consider the countrymen as your servant. Joy Al and BNP, taking turns to rape this country for over 20 years.
Thanks for your patriotic post. First, I should admit my sarcasm over that line abt Jamat Shibir. Why?.. Simple, as lot of here just love to blindly flow with the news stories and criticisms; where as a very few actually living here in BC community inside BD who are handling these problems everyday. Just check out how the actual locals are suffering for these hartals i.e. instance Night_Wolf's reply. IMO this is just to color out AL atm where common ppl are just got victimize everyday thru such criminals anyway, here these criminals we are talking abt are nothing to do with AL as they were officially (not sure in reality though) sacked from party in 2009.
I'm no blind brother. I'm a beleiver and never to admit the country is doomed; BD got her own laws & constitution. Since this time arround media did a very good job pointing out the criminals and managed enough attention to ask justice neutrally. I wish these murderers gets caught asap. But all these are IMO political gameplay by oposition party to coverup their own wrong doings in recent times in these ongoing hartals, police bashing, public property damaging and supporting releasing war criminals- I take concerns like these with more importance than some day to day criminal acts with which we are already habituated. Not sure from where you get that data of 10%, Anyway since its a hindu blood is spilled, IMO AL should consider this specific case with more care.

Last edited by cricheart; December 12, 2012 at 05:30 AM..
Old December 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Cricheart,

God bless you. I hope someday your glasses become transparent and you and many others like you start to see the true picture of law and order. No offense to you. Just expressing my opinion and also keep in mind I am a Government employee who successfully lodged the inauguration of an important project of this government. But, when you have biased officials sitting in important positions which is always the case whoever in power you cannot expect corruptions and turmoils wipe out under any ruler whatsoever. The monumental suffering I and my family went through due to some unlawful pressure coming from one of the law protector of current government still haunts me and it is a genuine fact that unless you have some intimacy with politicians in power your life no matter how carefully you lead does not warranty safety at all here.
Old December 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Old December 11, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

আমাদের দেশে সেই ছেলে কবে হবে, কথায় না বড় হয়ে কাজে বড় হবে?
মানুষের মত মানুষ হবে
Old December 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

The main culprits finally arrested after continuous demands for justice....

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=261459

guess democracy does work sometimes.....
Old December 16, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Despotic rule under the guise of democracy is a subversion of democracy and the rule of law, not democracy itself. The solution to such subversion is meaningful democratic reform demanded by the outraged public at large, not throwing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater and opting for some elitist, totalitarian, unsustainable and utterly oxymoronic concept such as a "benevolent dictatorship". The idea that "absolute power corrupts absolutely" has far better historical pedigree.

The job of a free media is to keep the public informed well enough so that they can do just that and bring about positive change from the bottom up. Sustainable change, especially for a relatively new and damaged democratic culture, is a slow and painful process, not an event. This is how that process unfolds. That being said, I'm afraid there would be a few more Bishshojits before we see a forceful end to such terrorism and thuggery masquerading as "street level politics".
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old December 17, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Now why does it seem like an eye-wash? The release of one of the top listed terrors has become talk of the town now. Headlines today were more scary as reporters expecting few more of such hoodlums are to be released soon. Where will the current chaos end up? Further chaos.

Few pundits as well as the US dignitaries forecasting on another 1/11 which does not seem utterly impossible either.