facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 23, 2007, 06:22 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta
Default BD-NZ II T20 Match Observations!!

Few observations
(observation based on radio commentary,BC match thread and scorecard.)

Tamim: He didn't open his account today after that wonderful hundred in previous one day match. He faced 6 balls and left bangladesh in a big trouble in very first over. He took a nice catch from deep while Hopkins was looking good.

Zunaed- Big Z. scored only 4 runs from 1 scoring shot of a majestic on drive for Four while playing his 7 balls innings. While he was fielding - caught Jamie How very confidently at slip and someone was asking in match thread that when was the last time we had a catch taken neatly at slip! can't remember!

Aftab- Played a typical Aftab innings of 20 runs from 15 balls with 4 fours and when all looks easy he was out- yes run out, one of the three victims! His fielding was very good and we can forget about that 12 runs last over of the match, it was a ok decision from the captain I would say.

Ashraful- Our captain-the most talented batsman, everytime when he walks to the middle I feel extra excitement, and yes he started with a 4 6 6 within his first five balls and looking very good while he got run out on 20 off only 10 balls! that's him though......self destruction on so many occasion but at the end he was the winning captain not fleming! by the way, he bowled full 4 overs and bagged 2 wickets for 28 runs,never felt like we were missing Razzak today! well done captain.

Sakib- as usual very reliable,quick scoring and traditional off drive are the features of his batting and he did that very well today and became the third and final victim of run out. Scored 22 runs from 19 balls with 3 fours. He bowled 3 overs and was a bit expensive, gave away 23 runs and captain didnot want to give him the final over of the match, he was great while fielding.

Mahrab Jr- Like few people I was surprised when jr. walked in before farhad or rahim. and I was even more surprised when he played a very sensible not out 21 runs innings from 26 balls with only 2 fours, rotating the strike- that's what he did today very effectively, kudos to mjr! like allmost everyone- he was very good at field today and took the all important Styris catch. I was expecting him to bowl few overs as Razzak was not there but it didn't matter at the end. This performance could seal a place for him in odi middle-order in place of injured Tushar.

Farhad- wonder boy!! He played very well today and did not disappoint his promoter Fazal mamu. Played a magical 17 ball 31 with 4 boundaries and a massive SIX which was allmost out of the ground! He was out when the score were level, hope he stayed not out. Bowled full 4 overs for 26 runs with a Wicket, took an excellent catch also.No wonder why some people really like him!

Mushfiq- Took the winning run and that was the only delivery he faced. Can't remmber any miss fielding incident and was very vocal behind the stumps as I can hear the appeals from commentary background.

JO- The biggest question was why he was there! Anyways, he didn't bat and only miss field once which cost 4 runs BUT took a beautiful catch and the batsman was important Fulton.

Sajid- surprise! He disappoint fans in the practice match but not today. Bowled beautifully and took one wicket- his figure was 4-1-23-1 which might not reflex the real performance, the NZ commentators were telling all good things about him like he can move balls in both ways and Kiwi batsman needs to remember that during series. Took a nice catch and thus captain removed captain!

Shahadat- Star performer and my Man of the Match. He was outstanding, commentators were praising him all over, he set the tone at the beginning, bowled the 19th over which cost only 3 runs, final figure was- 4-0-15-3
He was aggresive and accurate. Very good sign for team. Job well done today.

BC match thread (thanks to Kalpurush bhai for his nice and lucky thread) - It was a great atmosphere despite the fact that we could not watch and only listening the commentary, commentary was really good and funny some times-reminds me channel I, they showed heart for Tigers, allmost 150 BC mem-guest on board, and ofcourse chat- another amazing victory day for us!
This match hold for a very noble reason and it was totally succesful I would say. Thanks NZC.
Match full scorecard - Link
Match Report- Link

Old December 23, 2007, 06:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zunaid

Just to stay positive till the end until the last ball bowled you are not lost !!!!!!!!!

Credit goes to the Coach . This sort of approach will make them the real cricket spirit to win more matches !!!!!!!!!
Old December 23, 2007, 06:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game On
Just to stay positive till the end until the last ball bowled you are not lost !!!!!!!!!

Credit goes to the Coach . This sort of approach will make them the real cricket spirit to win more matches !!!!!!!!!
so you are saying they stayed positive until end and win - totally agreed with you and as a fellow fan now I would say the same to You- stay posiive, don't make those unnecessary negetive comments(in the match thread today) anymore, we also criticise our team but mostly in a constructive way
(sorry for off topic)

Last edited by Nocturnal; December 23, 2007 at 06:38 AM..
Old December 23, 2007, 06:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Excellent observations Nocturnal.

Now I am watching the match on TV, I will comment on your observations after finishing the game.
Old December 23, 2007, 06:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

That's the Australian way to get success as they never press their panic button . The last match against the Kiwis was a great example , 17/2 then they end up with 282 .

Playing aggressive cricket is the way to go ;

Last edited by Game On; December 23, 2007 at 07:06 AM..
Old December 23, 2007, 07:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Now I am watching the match on TV, I will comment on your observations after finishing the game.
Thanks Miraz bhai.
You UK people are lucky today, no highlights so far for rest of us.
Old December 23, 2007, 07:04 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

First observation...

Umpires denied 3 genuine dismissals within first 10 overs, all of them were genuine edges.

The commentators are surprised.
Old December 23, 2007, 07:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
First observation...

Umpires denied 3 genuine dismissals within first 10 overs, all of them were genuine edges.

yah, nzfan was telling that as he was watching....hmm! bad sign for rest of the series!
Old December 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default Pace of Shahdat, Reza & Sajid

Quote:

Please inform us about the pace range of all our 03 quickies..
Old December 23, 2007, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
First observation...

If u could record the game baditho thakibo.
Old December 23, 2007, 07:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
yah, nzfan was telling that as he was watching....hmm! bad sign for rest of the series!
That's great ; They had the home side advantage !!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 23, 2007, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

add with that if u record +post video here
Old December 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
Please inform us about the pace range of all our 03 quickies..
Shahadat clocked upto 138 KPH, Farhad 135 KPH, Sajidul 136 KPH
Old December 23, 2007, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:

What channel?
Old December 23, 2007, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default Excellent observation & desserts from bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Few observations
(observation based on radio commentary,BC match thread and scorecard.)

Tamim: He didn't open his account today after that wonderful hundred in previous one day match. He faced 6 balls and left bangladesh in a big trouble in very first over. He took a nice catch from deep while Hopkins was looking good.

Zunaed- Big Z. scored only 4 runs from 1 scoring shot of a majestic on drive for Four while playing his 7 balls innings. While he was fielding - caught Jamie How very confidently at slip and someone was asking in match thread that when was the last time we had a catch taken neatly at slip! can't remember!

Aftab- Played a typical Aftab innings of 20 runs from 15 balls with 4 fours and when all looks easy he was out- yes run out, one of the three victims! His fielding was very good and we can forget about that 12 runs last over of the match, it was a ok decision from the captain I would say.

Ashraful- Our captain-the most talented batsman, everytime when he walks to the middle I feel extra excitement, and yes he started with a 4 6 6 within his first five balls and looking very good while he got run out on 20 off only 10 balls! that's him though......self destruction on so many occasion but at the end he was the winning captain not fleming! by the way, he bowled full 4 overs and bagged 2 wickets for 28 runs,never felt like we were missing Razzak today! well done captain.

Sakib- as usual very reliable,quick scoring and traditional off drive are the features of his batting and he did that very well today and became the third and final victim of run out. Scored 22 runs from 19 balls with 3 fours. He bowled 3 overs and was a bit expensive, gave away 23 runs and captain didnot want to give him the final over of the match, he was great while fielding.

Mahrab Jr- Like few people I was surprised when jr. walked in before farhad or rahim. and I was even more surprised when he played a very sensible not out 21 runs innings from 26 balls with only 2 fours, rotating the strike- that's what he did today very effectively, kudos to mjr! like allmost everyone- he was very good at field today and took the all important Styris catch. I was expecting him to bowl few overs as Razzak was not there but it didn't matter at the end. This performance could seal a place for him in odi middle-order in place of injured Tushar.

Farhad- wonder boy!! He played very well today and did not disappoint his promoter Fazal mamu. Played a magical 17 ball 31 with 4 boundaries and a massive SIX which was allmost out of the ground! He was out when the score were level, hope he stayed not out. Bowled full 4 overs for 26 runs with a Wicket, took an excellent catch also.No wonder why some people really like him!

Mushfiq- Took the winning run and that was the only delivery he faced. Can't remmber any miss fielding incident and was very vocal behind the stumps as I can hear the appeals from commentary background.

JO- The biggest question was why he was there! Anyways, he didn't bat and only miss field once which cost 4 runs BUT took a beautiful catch and the batsman was important Fulton.

Sajid- surprise! He disappoint fans in the practice match but not today. Bowled beautifully and took one wicket- his figure was 4-1-23-1 which might not reflex the real performance, the NZ commentators were telling all good things about him like he can move balls in both ways and Kiwi batsman needs to remember that during series. Took a nice catch and thus captain removed captain!

Shahadat- Star performer and my Man of the Match. He was outstanding, commentators were praising him all over, he set the tone at the beginning, bowled the 19th over which cost only 3 runs, final figure was- 4-0-15-3
He was aggresive and accurate. Very good sign for team. Job well done today.

BC match thread (thanks to Kalpurush bhai for his nice and lucky thread) - It was a great atmosphere despite the fact that we could not watch and only listening the commentary, commentary was really good and funny some times-reminds me channel I, they showed heart for Tigers, allmost 150 BC mem-guest on board, and ofcourse chat- another amazing victory day for us!
This match hold for a very noble reason and it was totally succesful I would say. Thanks NZC.
Match full scorecard - Link
Match Report- Link
Wonderful, wonderful observation!!! I really loved your comments.

now my desserts....

Tamim - he is like that. but, methinks, he is going through a transition period where he is trying to determine his role in the team. the honeymoon period is over. watching his last few international & ncl innings, i got the impression that he is trying to curve his over-agressive instinct which may pay off in the long run. abt the catch ... hasn't he taken a few high-class catches already in his short career?

Zunayed - he, too, is facing the batism of fire. confident & optimistic that he would come out successfull. his catching in the slips will please everybody. for a long, long time, we have been searching for reliable hands in that region. hope, he will have a long and fruitful career with the tigers.

Aftab - i rate him as one of the best against fast bowling in the world. time has come that he hones his skills against the spinners, too. & he should be more serious with his bowling.

Ashraful - the best player of scoop-paddle in the world by miles. replace misbah with him in the t20 final... the final laugh would surely have come from the other side of the border. his bowling is improving all the time. but he should resist the temptation to bowl too many overs. nothing much to say about his batting. unbelievable & unpredictable.

Shakib - he is and he will continue to become more valuable in the coming days. only disappointment is his slowing down a bit in sr. matches -- quite opposite to his reputation at jr. level.

Reza - i've never been too fond of him. but if some one can perfom that way for my country, i'd be the 1st to cheer for him. a great fielder, a big-hitter, good temperament and skiddy seamers.... truly.. he could be the dream boy.

Mushfiq - he is under the microscope. nothing much to say,the time being.

JO - JO in the t20 team!!!! what's the date today? April 01???

Mehrab Jr. - if he can adjust to team's cause, i won't mind seeing him in any format.

Sajid - one of those few ncl matches.. that was telecast live in btv... a young leftie sent down a delivery (last of the over)... next five mins or so took hours .. or it felt like that. i just couldn't wait to see him bowl again! yes, the 1st match was disappointing. but that was the first international match of a bowler who had vey little int'l exposure, that too at u-17 level. at the same time, he flew to an alien land with adverse conditions. but he came back strong... very strong. and as miraj bhai said.. he bowled at 128 to 133 kph range... haven't we found a new star?

Shahadat- 15 off 4 ovs in a t20 match! with 03 wkts!!! he is a man with a mission!!! last tour marked the advent of one mashrafe. is this going to be shahadat's tour? most amazing fact is that he looks all set to act the as the pace-spearhead of our team. with less pressure, that might bring out better performance from Mashrafe. can't wait to see nz getting Sa-Ma-Sh-ed in at least one of the matches.

Last edited by jisaan; December 23, 2007 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: ...
Old December 23, 2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohiul
What channel?
yeah its on now on..Sky Sports Xtra, started at 11:30
more highlights will be shown later in the day.
Old December 23, 2007, 08:22 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohiul
What channel?
Sky Sports Xtra
Old December 23, 2007, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am wondering if a caring Bangla fan who are watching the game can post the highlights of this match o this site.
Old December 23, 2007, 08:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Congratulations to us... match finished in 17 overs .. wow. Hope we can continue like this.
Old December 23, 2007, 09:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

will at any point ATN Bangla UK, will show the highlights
of the match of the 20-20???
Old December 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

at one point i thought we were gonna lose... 5/85 i just averted myself from the match thread page and went to "signs of the day of judgement" after 30 minutes of scaring myself to death, my cricket intuition was ticking and i saw Farhad Reza blasted us to a victory! wow! i will try this every time from now on(here we go, superstition again!)

anyways, congratulations on the win and i do not mind seeing guys like Aftab, Ashraful scoring 25, 20, 24, 35, 45 consistently because, remember the quote ashraful once said,

"I score thirty, you score thirty, we win match", if everyone including Tamim, Junaad(mocking the NZ commentators) can pitch in every game 30-40 runs, it is not that difficult, is it?

I am happy that this coach is getting rid of "One Man show" label off this team... today it looked like an inspired team effort from just about everyone, including Javed Omar.

i have been keep telling people this game of cricket occasionally defies all logic, but who undersands what that means? i mean i am being egocentric here but can you believe we won a match without Rasel, Razzak or Mortaza or Shahriar Nafees? if someone foretold this victory this year in February before the world cup, people would've thought you are crazy or something!

the lesson is: no matter what label you have to your name(superstar, slowpoke, whatever) every day is a new day and every game is a new game to reestablish who you really are! in the end, performance counts
Old December 23, 2007, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Short Pitch Bowling Will Be The Order Of The Day

Fleming was hooked up to the commentary team and amongst other observations, the significant one he made was that they had noticed Bangladesh's vulnerability to the short pitched delivery.

This is, of course, nothing new. But none of our batsmen looked comfortable. Three of them got hit on the visor.

Even Aftab and Ashraful tend to lash out at these balls - rather than play genuine hook shots or better still, leave the ball alone.

You can bet your last NZ$ that there will be more of this to come. Siddon , of course, had prepared the team for that. But it is one thing to work on for a few weeks against being brought up on low, slow pitches.

I found Shahadat not much faster than the others but he bowled well today. Reza is quite quick.
Old December 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshin_31
will at any point ATN Bangla UK, will show the highlights
of the match of the 20-20???
Sky Sports Xtra is showing the highlights again at 7pm.
Old December 23, 2007, 10:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

only thing i wanted to point out that at least two batsmen got out the next ball after being dropped... which pissed me off along with those runouts.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Looks like this is one version of the game that we really know how to play. Or do we?