facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 21, 2005, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Default External: A new idea to improve our Political Env

I don't know if you guys read this, or discussed this in other threads. But here is (kind of new) an idea from Naim Hasan published in some newspapers and websites.

We always complain about our political environment or blindly support it. But when we try to objectively talking about it, most of us either have no constructive ideas (good or bad) of our own or we fail to get out of our party-line mentality and think beyond that.

Therefore if you have some time, open your party-line mask and read the article with open mind. You may agree some or disagree some about the effectiveness of his ideas. At least you will appreciate his honest effort to address the issue.

The article is written in Bangla.

Some highlight:

There should be two seperate election (Party and Individual). This will reduce the following:
1. Reduce Fake vote
2. Reduce tension/causality due to one election
3. Reduce effect of Black money
4. People can vote for his party as well as to the best person
5. There will be better check and balance for the people by having well defined representation of winning party and opponent.

Here is the article

btw I don't know this guy. I just got an email from jaijaidin mail list about this article.

Old October 21, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What is the purpose of this? Corrupt the handful good ones that we have? Certainly then we will receive the Almighty's wrath.
Old October 21, 2005, 04:20 PM
Banned

i really get frustrated when i see suggestions like this. one doesn't need to be rocket scientist to know why our politcal environment is complicated. two reasons:

1. education: people's awareness of their rights is vital to creat accountabilty in politics, therefore, we need an educated society. at the moment wrong people are in wrong place e.g. person with a degree in political science is a shop keeper and the owner of the market without any education in politics (iff any general education at all) is a member of parliament.

2. poverty: the cause of the corruption in bd is poverty. beause of this people are losing their moral and ethical values. this is why we have not only political pollution but also the following:
-morale and ethical pollution e.g. bribe, corrruption everywhere
- environmental pollution e.g water, air
-educational pollution e.g. student politics and guns
-cultural pollution e.g. drug addiction in young generation
etc.
so,
the total solution = education +kicking out poverty
Old October 21, 2005, 04:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
i really get frustrated when i see suggestions like this. one doesn't need to be rocket scientist to know why our politcal environment is complicated. two reasons:

1. education: ....

2. poverty: ....

so,
the total solution = education +kicking out poverty
True... but can we do that with the current political setup regardless of who wins in the next few elections?

We know the problem, we also know some of the solutions, but do we know how and when to implement those solutions?

For example if we can solve education and poverty problem, most likely we will solve most of our problems including our political problem. But can we do that with our current political and econmical setup?

Its a problem of 'Murgi; first or 'Unda' first.

Can we solve our education and poverty first in the current setup before solving our political environment? Or do we need to solve our political problem first before we can tackle our poverty and education problems? I don't know the path.

May be thats why (even most of us already know that solving education and poverty problems we could solve most of our other problems) we never could get a good grip on it even after 30+ years of our liberation.

Edited on, October 21, 2005, 10:35 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old October 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
What is the purpose of this? Corrupt the handful good ones that we have? Certainly then we will receive the Almighty's wrath.
Can you please elaborate why you think that way?

Because, even though its clear that you didn't like Naim Hasan's idea, its not clear to me why you think it will Corrupt the handful good ones that we have.

I am not challenging your comment, rather trying to understand your view-point.

Edited on, October 21, 2005, 9:56 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old October 22, 2005, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal

For example if we can solve education and poverty problem, most likely we will solve most of our problems including our political problem. But can we do that with our current political and econmical setup?

Its a problem of 'Murgi; first or 'Unda' first.

Edited on, October 21, 2005, 10:35 PM GMT, by Fazal.
this is one million dollar question. the endemic has such a large extent that offering the power to mr. bush to solve the problems, he will rather choose lodging in bin laden's cave.