facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 1, 2010, 04:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Thumbs up Well played Ashraful and Sakib

They deserve some applause for the performance they put out today. The match seemed like it was out of reach from the moment we started batting, but they kept believing themselves. Infact I laughed when Khaled Mahmud said we could well win this match when we were 31/2. But kudos to Ash and Sakib.

Old May 1, 2010, 04:36 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Not Ashraful, the way he got out = -65 runs he score. Could have easily stayed there and played proper cricketing shots and still hit 4s and 6s like he was. No need to do that. Some 1 gotta talk to him..Ahh hall, its been 10 years, talking wont do sh**.

*Baash*
Old May 1, 2010, 04:37 PM
Banned

Well played both of them. Ian Chappel gets so frustrated when Ashraful plays stupid shots to get out.
Old May 1, 2010, 04:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

All commentators were mention interesting (postive and neg) facts about him. He could have easily won us the match

oh he also dropped the 1st catch, lets not forget that
Old May 1, 2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by manali
Well played both of them. Ian Chappel gets so frustrated when Ashraful plays stupid shots to get out.
chappal is also an Ashraful lover like some of us
Old May 1, 2010, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

it was a grt pleasure to watch these 2 in the middle & the PAk dugout(lol).
Congratz to Sakib for his allround prfrmnce & leading from the front,& Ash for his classy innings.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Ashraful should totally stop playing the fine leg scoop. its just way too risky and not so effective as it used to be for him in cardiff days. i think he plays the cut shot pretty well to run it down the third man. Just keep that shot in your book and scratch off that fine leg scoop once for all man. i cant even begin to think how many times he got out playing such unorthdox shots. THERES NO REAL NEED FOR YOU TO BE CHEEKY IF EVERY BALL YOU HIT WITH A STRAIGHT BAT CLEARS THE ROPE somebody tell em.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ what i said exctly. His 6s were clean hit. he could have hit that up front as well.

Like Chappel said, he feels he has all the shots, and when he is out there he feels he needs to show those shots to the people!!
Old May 1, 2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Yes, they deserve a pat on their back not without a criticism. The way they got out offsets their credibility today.
Specially, Ash's dropped catch, if caught then it could have changed the momentum of the game.
Again, they are heroes in a losing cause.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Great innings by ash but I just cannot understand why he plays these stupid fancy shots..hes the best wen he plays the textbook shots..hes a strong enough player 2 hit 6s so idk why he tries these ridiculous scoop shots..thats the way he usually gets out..if he just stuck 2 playing these textbook shots he wouldve scored in the range of 80..still was a great innings..as 4 shakib he needed 2 just stay there and let ash have the strike if he wasnt feeling so good..he needed 2 score in the range of 70's..since the pitch was slow it was hard 4 the batsmen 2 settle in..so since they were going well they just needed 2 continue..well wat can we do, we played well but not well enough..
Old May 1, 2010, 05:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^^ what i said exctly. His 6s were clean hit. he could have hit that up front as well.

Like Chappel said, he feels he has all the shots, and when he is out there he feels he needs to show those shots to the people!!
I loved chappels analysis. He pretty nailed it perfectly. Thats EXACTLY what Ashrafuls problem is. I think Someone should REALLY tell him that you look far better playing with a straight bat than making a fool out of yourself trying to be cheeky.Those pre meditated shots destroyed his career pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Yes, they deserve a pat on their back not without a criticism. The way they got out offsets their credibility today.
Specially, Ash's dropped catch, if caught then it could have changed the momentum of the game.
Again, they are heroes in a losing cause.
commendable performance today indeed and deserves appreciation. Had that catch been a taken and Shakib could manage to be in the crease a little longer, the result could well be on our way.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

And its not like its the last time..he will try it again! and again
Old May 1, 2010, 05:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And its not like its the last time..he will try it again! and again
"Despite all the talent, he just never grew as a cricketer" - some commentator guess it was bhogle who said it. HE is still the same man who made a debut century Vs SL AT 17. plethora of talent, ZERO experience. Lets see if he can redeem that this time around.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

"This time around" came many times around
Old May 1, 2010, 06:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Not well enough.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Not good enough. Got a great start and the game was in his hands. Had to do something stupid and gift-wrapped his wicket away.
Old May 1, 2010, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

well played both of those. but could have played a bit better.

if these two have played 2-3 more overs we would have won the game.
Old May 1, 2010, 09:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

common guys be fair on Ash , the shot he played was always on ..with Aamer bowling short of good length , I thought the shot had a good percentage in it .

If anyone ..blame Mash and Razzak . If there is any other bowler in world cricket who is worse than Ishant in bowling length balls one after the other (despite being hit) it has to be Mash ! His bowling lacked complete imagination. Razzaq was as pathetic as he has been all this year.

Only 3 players played like world class cricketers today. Shafiul (I though was exceptional ..pity he dint get any support) , Ash and Sakib ( his bowling was below par though ..thought he was lucky to get the 2 wickets)
Old May 1, 2010, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Bharat spot on. I mentioned this in the match thread but Shafiul was a revelation. He has some grey stuff up there. Not quite our wiley Rafique but he showed enough for me to be hopeful. If I were to group bowlers who have some smarts, he would be in that circle along with wiley Rafique, sly Shakib and yes Senior Sujon - yes, you heard it right. Chacha played way above his skill set because he was sharp.

Last edited by Zunaid; May 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: thier != there; getting senile
Old May 1, 2010, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful looked matured enough. we needed another big hitter right after Sakib. enlisting Shuvo was crappiest decision.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Bharat spot on. I mentioned this in the match thread but Shafiul was a revelation. He has some grey stuff up there. Not quite our wiley Rafique but he showed enough for me to be hopeful. If I were to group bowlers who have some smarts, he would be in that circle along with wiley Rafique, sly Shakib and yes Senior Sujon - yes, you heard it right. Chacha played way above his skill set because he was sharp.
I was super impressed with Shafiul as well. I think what ever success we get in T20 world cup is bonus, our team will peak during the England tour... which is much more important for me.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I thought Ashraful really played out of his skin, he was in almost rubbish form, anything from him was a bonus for me. And he had to take his chances in the later overs, so did Shakib. I really don't see much wrong with their effort, of course under ideal conditions one would want Ash to finish the game, but that was not to be.
I think a half fit Tamim was always a risky option, he never really looked his usual self, I wish he can be back to his usual self in the next game. Lets win it against the Aussies!
Old May 2, 2010, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

So, Their duty is finished by scoring 65 and 47 in one match!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats Good!!!!!!
Old May 2, 2010, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
So, Their duty is finished by scoring 65 and 47 in one match!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats Good!!!!!!

I think that you are being sarcastic here. I am sure that these two guys will try their best again, but there are 9 more players in the team who have failed. bowlers as well as batsmen.
Old May 2, 2010, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

he will destroy australia