facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 30, 2008, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

It was great bowling but what happen with batting?

I was watching with my Dad (a great cricket lover and a former cricketer) and we were discussing that if Tamim and Ash got out early it might be a low total for BD. Exactly that happen. Ian Chappel was also mentioning the fact that only Tamim and Ash are the 2 players for BD to do well against major teams.

Old August 30, 2008, 06:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Is this the longest thread?
Old August 30, 2008, 06:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
But don't worry - you're from Bangladesh, land of Mujib. All is forgiven, if not overlooked.

u mean, Mujib PM kore geche ekhon it's everyone's turn to PM?
Aar koto ??
Old August 30, 2008, 06:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
JSiddons must be saying" ami phaissa gechi mainkar chipay"
I think, that's what we are telling, not JS.
For him, It's going as planned. If you thought we could do better than this against Ausies, you have no knowledge of cric - JS
Old August 30, 2008, 06:32 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
why do they have that deer in a headlight look when facing any decent team? Bhoi e to ordhek match here boshe thake. Jodi etoi bhoi, leave the team, let someone with some kahones take over. Flippin Scotland, Canada, Kenya atleast puts up a fight, ours just bend over and......
That's the achievement of out beloved coach Jamie Siddons. He managed to tranform the brave faces of Bangladesh national team into confused and scary faces. There goes the four years achievement of Dave Whatmore.

Another grand achievement : He has made so much improvement in batting that we sinked to our lowest ever ODI total.
Old August 30, 2008, 08:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Miraz bhai, could you please stop blaming Siddons already? You can't always blame the coach. Was he the reason behind the poor slection shots? NO. Because the players don't learn from their mistakes and still play silly shots. That's not Siddons fault even with Whatmore as the coach we played shots like that. Yes I agree that Whatmore at least produced wins but it was his decision to leave and now what he did is a thing of the past, this is the future and it will take time before they can be a good team. I think it wil be 2-3 years before they can start beating good teams. Itz every1z fault they lost this badly but don't just blame Siddons.
Old August 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Its not siddons fault actually,our players are always nervous against big teams,heopefully this will wear out in between 2 years.They will get more used to it.
Old August 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Its not siddons fault actually,our players are always nervous against big teams,heopefully this will wear out in between 2 years.They will get more used to it.
So you think it's going to happen automatically?

Doesn't the coach have a role in that? Isn't he supposed to act as a motivator as well, or if he is not capable he should seek help of the professionals in that field. if you and me can see that deficiency why can't he see? isn't he being paid for seeing the deficiencies and take remedial measures?
Old August 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Miraz bhai, could you please stop blaming Siddons already? You can't always blame the coach. Was he the reason behind the poor slection shots? NO. Because the players don't learn from their mistakes and still play silly shots. That's not Siddons fault even with Whatmore as the coach we played shots like that. Yes I agree that Whatmore at least produced wins but it was his decision to leave and now what he did is a thing of the past, this is the future and it will take time before they can be a good team. I think it wil be 2-3 years before they can start beating good teams. Itz every1z fault they lost this badly but don't just blame Siddons.
Are you saying that every new coach will need 2-3 years time to produce any result and in the mean time the team will lose regardless of the progress made under the previous coach?

Hmmm... in that case we will be always like what we are now. What a cycle!!!

New coach takes charge at situation X => 2-3 years of team building => some successes achieved, team progressed to situation Y => the coach moves on and a new coach takes charge => brings the team back to situation x => 2-3 years of team building => some successes achieved, team progressed to situation Y => the coach moves on and a new coach takes charge => brings the team back to situation X and it goes on and on.....

That's not simply acceptable.
Old August 30, 2008, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
So you think it's going to happen automatically?

Doesn't the coach have a role in that? Isn't he supposed to act as a motivator as well, or if he is not capable he should seek help of the professionals in that field. if you and me can see that deficiency why can't he see? isn't he being paid for seeing the deficiencies and take remedial measures?
Thats a very good point bhaiya,but it is true siddons does have some responsibilities ,he did let our players down right when he got the coaching job,but why do we play practice matches so well then? scoring 300+ against any opposition is good,the blame mostly goes to the players and then goes to siddons.
Old August 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh btw my prediction about bd batting came true,I said they will be all out in around 80 runs.
Old August 30, 2008, 01:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
ami notun jutar bari khabo!
Bujheekom bhai ar kotokal bangladesh cricket namok shonar horiner pichoney chutben.Ki pelen aj porjonto shudhu hotasha ar porajoyer glani chara.Bhabi,cheley meyeder pichoney ei shomoy ta bay koren.

Apnar Bibek,
BujhiBeshi
Old August 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Thats a very good point bhaiya,but it is true siddons does have some responsibilities ,he did let our players down right when he got the coaching job,but why do we play practice matches so well then? scoring 300+ against any opposition is good,the blame mostly goes to the players and then goes to siddons.
Dhrubo, I think a little different:

If All /large majority in a class fails, that's the fault of the teacher without any question. He has not taught or he has failed to teach.

If some/a few of the students fail, then it goes to the students first & then the teacher. The passed students have proven that the teacher has taught. But still the teacher shares secondary responsibility for the failures.

Well that's my understanding. In our case, almost all of the boys are failing almost repeatedly.
Old August 30, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

i will just let my quote to do the talking... btw, it was signed a year back i think
Old August 30, 2008, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

speechless.. did not know we are this bad. something is wrong with this team.
Old August 30, 2008, 02:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am very disappointed about their performance.
Old August 30, 2008, 03:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Bangladesh is equivalent to a county league team and most of the players are just in their 19's and 20's. I think we expect too much from them. I'm sad not because of how these players playing now days but because the group which should have been playing for BD is missing. Most of those players were left out without guidance and nurturing. Some of them did not get selection so they went on to look for alternative as we all need to survive and others just living a ordinary life. There is a big gap and that gap is the reason why Bangladesh still not competitive.
Old August 30, 2008, 03:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

There is no senior player in the team. Habibul and Pilot must back in the team.
Old August 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

i was shatterd,
i new it would be hard 2 win. but i didnt no dat we wer goin to get hammerd.
Old August 30, 2008, 04:39 PM
Cricket Savant

"When you first sip you get the taste, second sip you get the peace, third sip you have the joy and fourth a piece of cake. "

You really love your green tea dont you? lol

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 30, 2008, 09:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by BujhiBeshi
Bujheekom bhai ar kotokal bangladesh cricket namok shonar horiner pichoney chutben.Ki pelen aj porjonto shudhu hotasha ar porajoyer glani chara.Bhabi,cheley meyeder pichoney ei shomoy ta bay koren.
Apnar Bibek,
BujhiBeshi
ke bhai apne? ki bepaar bhai? ghotona ta ki?
apne ki shei lok naki bhai, jei lok amar dadi amma-ke phone kore nisshash nito kintu kotha bolto naa, porichoy dito naa!
bangla cinemar geen othoba pret-atma!
bhai, dunia-e eto public thakte apne amar bibek hoilen keno?
Old August 30, 2008, 11:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Bhujee-beshi shabdan apni bhujee-kom theke eksho hath dure thakun.
Old August 31, 2008, 06:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Default ke tumi he bujhibeshi?

anek dhonoyabad mohammed bhai! bhari interesting ek public-er abirbhab!
ei bhodrolok ki bangla cinemar oi 'bibek' character naki - jaar anek lomba chul, shada lomba dari, ektarata haate nia uni gaan gaitesen, dhaan kheter majkhan dia haita jaitesen!

aare bhai, joto glani aar be-ijjoti ashuk, bd cricket-er lej charbona! asha charbona!
Old August 31, 2008, 07:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i sincerly apologize to people for my overly enthusiastic attitude and praising of GOD too much... it seems like i should keep my excitement to my self :cry:

nonetheless, i am going through a very iffy-moment i tell myself stop following them i have far better things to do in life but i can't help it...for two days i didn't feel the courage to even log in...

i still think these guys are capable...seriously
Old August 31, 2008, 08:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
....i still think these guys are capable...seriously
ofcourse, ki je bolen rifat bro!
Inshallah, we will rock in the next match!
if not this one, the one after!
we just need to practice a match or two on that drop-in pitch,
we are just warming up - soon, win, we shall!
they are absolutely capable!

Last edited by bujhee kom; August 31, 2008 at 08:43 PM..