facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 22, 2010, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This is why this moronic lotus has got 2 go..thats just completely unfair that he just cut a guy for no apparent reason and just took a politician..2 many shady things have happened in bcb and we need some better people at these posts..as long as this doofus is involved our cricket, we will become slow as ever in our progress..

Old April 22, 2010, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
worst thing is they don't even care what people think. so one day we might see lotus will go in a tour instead of sakib!!!!
Makes sense now...his plan is to one day say thathe can play better than the team and just include himself and his newborn baby in our playing XI.

Hala bodmashra jiboneyo Carribean er nam shuneni to , tai bloody "Emergency Meeting"(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) call kore jacche. How can they justify not having a selector ( because the matches are on tv, they said) or a media manager to such a big event, but take two useless board directors who cannot even spell Australia if their life depended on it...if someone's wondering how I am so sure, its because no educated ( in any way) person will be able to be part of such a joke since an educated man is bound to have an ounce of shame in him. Bloody shameless Potols and Loitas.
Old April 22, 2010, 10:42 PM
Cricket Savant

A vital cog missing

The Bangladesh Cricket Board's decision to drop the media manager from the World Twenty20 in the West Indies and the two-Test series in England is stunningly inexplicable and that too at the expense of an observer, writes Mohammad Isam in the Daily Star. The BCB is part of world cricket's growth and as one of the Test-playing nations, they have tried to follow the bigger nations every step of the way. But they have the tendency to fall back on ancient times every now and then.

Most of the players, admittedly from humble backgrounds, do not feel comfortable speaking in English and while this could be a trivial matter to some, it turns out to be a national embarrassment every time they face the camera. But hardly these cricketers are to blame. They spent half their lives playing the game and when they end up at the top level, they seek the help of professionals to guide them through a press conference or an interview after they have done well. In these instances, the players feel comfortable in the company of a media manager who translates for them as well as make sure they get the best treatment in the newspapers.

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/surfer/arc...al_cog_mis.php

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 22, 2010, 11:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Calling lack of English by our players a "national embarassment" is way overboard to say the least. The real embarassment is the lack of consistent improvement by the team and the unprofessionalism by the board. Just because one can speak/write in English doesn't make them any better, Isam. Though rest of your article is on the money.

Jalal Younis, Chief of the Media Commitee and a Board member agrees that media manager should have been there. Seems like he succumbed to the pressures of other board members. I just wish he could stand up to these thugs..no point saying my hands are tied. How many times do we have to keep hearing this from Bangladeshis? Someone's got to do sth.
Old April 23, 2010, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Rabeed has resigned, according to Inqilab. Another feather in Lotus's crown.

Old April 23, 2010, 12:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Let's start making calls to those idiots to show our anger on their decision.

================================================== ===============
Bangladesh Cricket Board. Navana Tower (5th Floor), 45 Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh. Tel. +(880) 2 9888956, 9890530 Fax. +(880) 2 9888442.
Old April 23, 2010, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Absolutely disgusting!!! This is a really dumb move by the board... Expecting worse from Lotus in the future.
Old April 23, 2010, 01:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

"Na" vote dea uchit chilo.
Old April 23, 2010, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_2007
Let's start making calls to those idiots to show our anger on their decision.

Bangladesh Cricket Board. Navana Tower (5th Floor), 45 Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh. Tel. +(880) 2 9888956, 9890530 Fax. +(880) 2 9888442.
Some of our friends talked about a protest rally from Mohakhali to Gulshan's BCB headoffice. to stop corruption of BCB...but too little in number...if we can manage at least 50 people, then we can go ahead. then again policer bari ke khaite chay?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 23, 2010, 02:33 AM
Street Cricketer

People are blaming Lotus Kamal but didnt the BCB directors decide on this..How does it work..?
Someone brings the idea to the table and the directors vote on the issue..? I really want to know who is at fault. I am sure Sirajuddin Mohammad Alamgir did not raise his hand that he is interested to go..I mean I wish there was a way to find out..how the system works...
Old April 23, 2010, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont understand why they had to make these decisions so late. Seems that Lotus is an autocrat and can do whatever he wants, why is there a board? or are they scared of him to voice their opinions? I fear that that BD cricket will deteriorate very quickly. these guys are there for their own gains and not for the progress of cricket, the whole of the cricketing will laugh at them and say "Well, what do you expect from a third world country" They will eventually become like the West Indies Cricket board with all drama and no substance.
Old April 23, 2010, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio64
People are blaming Lotus Kamal but didnt the BCB directors decide on this..How does it work..?
Someone brings the idea to the table and the directors vote on the issue..? I really want to know who is at fault. I am sure Sirajuddin Mohammad Alamgir did not raise his hand that he is interested to go..I mean I wish there was a way to find out..how the system works...
huh?? system???

systaaam ki1?!?!

i dont think that sort of concept applies to any of bd's governing authorities. including bcb.
Old April 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Old April 23, 2010, 02:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_2007
BCB drops media manger
Staff Correspondent
The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Wednesday dropped the name of media manager from the Bangladesh contingent of the ICC World Twenty20 and instead included one of their directors as an observer.
The BCB director, Sirajuddin Mohammad Alamgir will now tour to the West Indies at the expense of media manager Rabeed Imam, who will have to unpack his baggage despite the visa and ticket were ready.
The decision to add an observer was taken in an emergency meeting of the BCB, which finalised the name of the tour party. Vice-president Asaduzzaman Khasru was appointed as the head of the Bangladesh delegation while Tanjib Ahsan Saad was confirmed as manger, replacing Shafiqul Haque.
The BCB also decided to bring back Mohammad Salahuddin as the fielding coach, replacing Sri Lankan Ruwan Kalpage, whose contract expired in March.
The BCB meeting also appointed Sakib al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim as captain and vice-captain of the side until the tour of England in May.
Bangladesh will leave for ICC World Twenty20 on April 24

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/apr/22/spt.html
go to (deleted) for farther discus

Last edited by Tehsin; April 23, 2010 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: Discuss here.
Old April 23, 2010, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Rabeed Imam resign today!!
===========================
BCB media manager resigns
Sports Reporter - The Daily Star - LINK

Rabeed Imam has resigned as the media manager of the Bangladesh Cricket Board. He gave the resignation letter on Thursday, although it is yet to be granted by the cricket board.

"Yes he has given the letter of resignation but we haven't accepted it yet," said media committee chairman Jalal Yunus yesterday.

Rabeed also confirmed that he has given the letter. "I have given them the letter, citing personal reasons," he said.
Old April 23, 2010, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyferari
go to (deleted) for farther discus
What's the problem if we discuss here? it seems to be spamming.

Last edited by Tehsin; April 23, 2010 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: To reflect original post.
Old April 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

What is rabeed imams role? Can some one let us know plz.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
What is rabeed imams role? Can some one let us know plz.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
He was the Media Mnager. Like if foreign journalists try to reach Bangladesh cricketers they were supposed to go through MM. And MM is supposed to help and answer questions in formal press conference. He also arranges and manages all the media related matters. Now as there is no MM pressure will be on Shakib and may be on Siddons. BCB took one observer who has no liability. He does not have to report or do anything. He is just going there for holidays.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:25 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is a new low for BCB.

Anyone know if RI had any political allegiances? I'm asking as I'm curious why is it him that got the sack instead of some other guy.
Old April 23, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

He did the right thing in resigning. Sending an observer in his place was a slap in the face.
I guess that Sakib will act as the media go between for players who cant understand and speak English.
Old April 23, 2010, 07:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Those who should resign are going on trips, those who have contributed one way or another are resigning, ki bichitro e desh. I was able to observe RI during the WC in Trinidad. He is a professional, good at what he does, had good relationship with the players, and liased well with media and other outlets. Basically, it'll be hard to find a good replacement for him. Even if there are good reporters, BCB will pick (if they keep the post) someone's chamcha as their next MM. I can see this "possibly" ending in embarrasment for BD, not for BCB, they are not familiar with that word.
Old April 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Z, it's not a slap on him. Those idiots are slapping themselves silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
He did the right thing in resigning. Sending an observer in his place was a slap in the face.
I guess that Sakib will act as the media go between for players who cant understand and speak English.
Old April 23, 2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Those who should resign are going on trips, those who have contributed one way or another are resigning, ki bichitro e desh. I was able to observe RI during the WC in Trinidad. He is a professional, good at what he does, had good relationship with the players, and liased well with media and other outlets. Basically, it'll be hard to find a good replacement for him. Even if there are good reporters, BCB will pick (if they keep the post) someone's chamcha as their next MM. I can see this "possibly" ending in embarrasment for BD, not for BCB, they are not familiar with that word.
As soon as Mr. Lota Kamal got the leadership, BCB went low at its best. It seems everyone is following their "BOSS" to become "Lorus Kamal" from "Lota Kamal"!? Only the few good souls are not in that boat.

And you are right Tehsin bhai, it's a shame not for BCB but for us.
Old April 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old April 23, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Another wicket gone.
With in couple of months time, only "chamchas" of Loiita-Kamal will remain in BCB.