facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 13, 2004, 08:43 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Not Cricket Related

I was gonna spend some time on this forum yesterday night expressing my bad feelings of Bangladesh's match last night, but then my connection got cut off and there is a flood situation in Dhaka within just 2 days!

Our road outside the main gate is flooded, and I got a call in the morning from a friend of mine who lives in the Jatrabari area said that her house's garage was probably going under water. And since then, there has been rain and rain and it seems that only within 2 days, a new flood has come, this time, more devastating than the last month's flood.

Electricity has been disturbing all day today and those of us who are in Bangladesh, we may not be able to log-in in the next couple of days.

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 3:23 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: Moved to forget cricket

Old September 13, 2004, 10:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

This is very disturbing. Millions of people in Dhaka and having to deal wit this natural calamities is too much for the alrady overburdened folks in Bangladesh.

Do keep us updated on the flood situation and we'll all be praying that the waters will soon subside bringing things back to normal. It's hard to think about anything else (forget cricket) during this times.
Old September 13, 2004, 10:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

last news, trafic polices are having a special short course on how to handle boats and cars at the same time.

apart from joking, the situation is really bad. the problem is even worse for dhaka than any other city becuase dhaka has the worst drainage system. guess what, its not the rain water anymore, but everyone else has donated to it generously: dead cat, suage (sp), larva thick drain water....

it does not stop there either, diseases will increase substantially after this for obvious reason. poor dhaka basi.
Old September 13, 2004, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

this is really sad! it happens every time when it rains little harder than usual. Anyway, like agent said those drainage system are probably loaded with plastic bags and other junk.
Old September 14, 2004, 01:16 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Same story year after year. When will this drainage system improve? Probably never
Old September 14, 2004, 01:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes, I was doing a study of the Bangladesh floods recently in July in my geography class. That seemed very bad. I learnt that Bangladesh is very low lying and the mouth of the Ganges is there. Is there any high land in Bangladesh or when it floods it floods most of the country.
Old September 14, 2004, 09:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Chittagong generally stays dry I think.

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
Yes, I was doing a study of the Bangladesh floods recently in July in my geography class. That seemed very bad. I learnt that Bangladesh is very low lying and the mouth of the Ganges is there. Is there any high land in Bangladesh or when it floods it floods most of the country.
Old September 14, 2004, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

The only high areas in Bangladesh are now all in India....

OK I don't know where I was going with that, must be some deep rooted resentment caused by my ancestors having to give up too much land...
Old September 20, 2004, 07:14 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

i read somewhere that bangladesh will lose 1/4th of its total land area if the sea level increases by 1 meter

not only bangladesh, in india as well in places like west bengal, assam and ne states, there were huge floods this year

also one of the reasons for bangladesh being too low is the huge ganga-brahmaputra delta lying mostly in bangladesh.
Old September 20, 2004, 11:02 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)
i read somewhere that bangladesh will lose 1/4th of its total land area if the sea level increases by 1 meter
if sea level is increased by 1 meter then many other places with be lost, New York city being on the top of the list