facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2016, 06:48 AM
Banned

Default Bangladesh cannot wallow in the past

Remember the pre 2013 era of bangladesh cricket,the era of razzak,enamul ashraful and our beloved shahadat (sarcasm).Lets forget it.The era of defeats,losses and the "spin will win you matches" mentatlity
.Spin is not the future of Bangladesh bowling.Simple as that.Pace bowling has contributed to many crucial wins.However we should not blind ourselves with the players who staunch but cannot launch.We need to quickly discard players who have no use in the national side,the players like Rabbi,Hom and Ziaur are over represented players who do not belong in the squad.

Now let me elaborate on my previous point,pace bowling has taken us out of many pickles
Remember 2013 vs New Zealand Rubel hossain yorked Corey anderson leading to a whitewash.New zealand need only 4 runs from six balls.How about when shafiuls pace won us the match againist england surely you have not forgotten that.Fast forward 2015 Rubel clean bowls broad and anderson to take bangladesh to the quarterfinals.And probably one of the most memorable young mustafizur rahman tearing up the indian batting order twice

So maybe spin has a home in test cricket but in limited overs spin has no place.Quality spinners such as taijul jubair and saqlain should play test matches since theyre main ability is to choke the batsmen.Arafat sunny was a true gem in my opinion however upon further review members of BC told me his action was illegal.What a shame.

Ask yourself this is it really threatning when you face a spin bowler compared toa pacer

spinners such as shakib nasir and mahmud belong in the side due to their allrounders

Last edited by BanglaNAus; February 27, 2016 at 09:07 AM..
Old February 27, 2016, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

er what? Do you know that amidst the top 10 bowlers in T20I rankings, 6 of them are spinners?
Old February 27, 2016, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

We have some quality spinners who have performed in BPL. Taijul, Sajib, MH Rubel all of them
Old February 27, 2016, 08:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
We have some quality spinners who have performed in BPL. Taijul, Sajib, MH Rubel all of them
The pitches in BPL were very slow and low and it helped the slow bowlers who can't spin much. We won't get that type of pitches in many tournaments. We always had these kinds of slow bowlers, but only after getting a good pace attack did we start to win more ODIs against big teams in 2015.
Old February 27, 2016, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Pace is th way to go. Spin wont be much effective hereon as most the wickets generally tend to be batting wickets in LOIS!

Taskin, Mustafiz, Al Amin and Rony led by Mash - sure will inspire many more boys to take pace bowling going forward.
Old February 27, 2016, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Pace is th way to go. Spin wont be much effective hereon as most the wickets generally tend to be batting wickets in LOIS!

Taskin, Mustafiz, Al Amin and Rony led by Mash - sure will inspire many more boys to take pace bowling going forward.
Finally someone shares the same vision as me
I hooe in the future its a 4 man pace attack with 1 spinner or 5 man pace attk with shakib
Old February 27, 2016, 08:14 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

@BanglaNAus, I think you mean 'wallow' in the past. Squander means to waste/let go of something. In fact, I think you want us to squander our history of slow left arm bowling

I actually think that having good fast bowlers will help our spin bowlers somewhat. On the one hand, the batsmen will go after them but if they're worth their salt, they'll be able to adjust their line and length and get more wickets. Shakib got tonked for one six but got two stumpings as a result of the pressure exerted from the other end.
Old February 27, 2016, 11:01 AM
Test Cricketer

I like to see at least three pacers in the XI. One extra pace bowling allrounder adds flexibility.