facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2010, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Default MoYo to 'un-retire'

The Pakistan never ending saga continues, but I like MoYo and I think he should come back and put some stability into the talented yet fragile batting lineup.

Quote:
Mohammad Yousuf arrives for his meeting with the inquiry committee set up to look into the reasons behind the disastrous tour of Australia, Lahore, February 13, 2010

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf is ready to come out of retirement sooner rather than later, further broadening the possibility of an appearance at some point for Pakistan in the summer.

Yousuf, who announced his sudden retirement after a win-less tour of Australia, had said recently he was targeting the tour of UAE later this year to make a return, but the team's struggles in the first Test against Australia at Lord's may have prompted him to change his mind.

Pakistan made scores of 148 and 289 with only one batsman, Salman Butt, managing to pass fifty. They lost 11 of their wickets to Shane Watson and the part-time spinner Marcus North.

Though their bowlers competed well, the batsmen fell short mainly due to the lack of experience in the middle order, which was missing the pedigree of Yousuf and Younis Khan for differing reasons.

In the immediate aftermath of the Lord's loss speculation centred on the PCB sending out an SOS to Yousuf, but Ijaz Butt denied that was the case. The matter of Yousuf and Younis's return was considered at a meeting the chairman held with team management to appoint a new captain, but was deferred until after the second Test against Australia, officials insisting they were happy with the performances of debutantes Azhar Ali and Umar Amin.

"I am available any time for my national team," Yousuf said in Karachi. "If the team doesn't need me I stand retired. But if I'm needed, I am ready and available to serve my country. If PCB invites me with respect I will definitely go and join the team."

Salman, 25, was appointed captain after Shahid Afridi announced another unexpected retirement from Tests. Afridi was named captain for the entire tour of England but quit after the Lord's defeat saying he wasn't enjoying Test cricket after all.

Yousuf has had problems in the past with Shoaib Malik when he was captain but said he was willing to play under Salman. "It's a PCB decision (appointing Salman) and everybody should respect it," Yousuf said. "I can play under any captain and have never felt degraded playing under anyone."

Yousuf added that he was in touch with the PCB chairman, who was kept aware of his plans to return.

Yousuf was the captain during Pakistan's shambolic tour of Australia, where the team came under fire for their performances. The PCB responded by penalising seven players it believed were responsible for the defeats, Yousuf among them. He and Younis were banned indefinitely, and as a mark of protest, Yousuf announced he was quitting the game "for now."

He was the only one among the seven punished players not to appeal against the sanctions, despite the PCB leaving the door open for him to return. However, since Yousuf didn't respond to those messages from the board the national selectors could not consider him for the tour of England.
Cricinfo: http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/con...ry/467936.html

Old July 19, 2010, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Pakistani cricketers does not know the meaning of "retirement".
Old July 19, 2010, 07:07 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

And the DRAMA continues...
Old July 19, 2010, 07:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

PCB=Yo Yo Cricket Board
Old July 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Will take his words back before the start of the next Test. U-turn is the synonym of Pakistan cricket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
or md yousuf will. or younis khan.

pakistan may have shortages of many things but a shortage of test captains willing to unretire is not one of them.
what did I tell ya ?
Old July 19, 2010, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

actually we need a thread titled "Pakistani cricketers' retirement and un-retirement " to track all these news
Old July 19, 2010, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

too many drama queens. bad influence on bd cricketers.
Old July 19, 2010, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

how many rokibul hasans do they have?!
Old July 19, 2010, 08:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
what did I tell ya ?
You don't have to be an octopus to predict that :-) What are the odds on him becoming the captain before the end of the England tour ?
Old July 19, 2010, 08:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Good to see Yousuf coming back..he's such a great player..Pakistan really need him for tests..they miss his grittiness..and the PCB has to be blamed for this "retiring".. obviously there is something wrong when you hear these things all the time..
Old July 19, 2010, 08:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Ijaj butt trying hard to get him back now.

Why did he ban him in the first place? That guy is a joke!
Old July 20, 2010, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
what did I tell ya ?
r u indian??
Old July 22, 2010, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

a big yawn to you !
Old July 22, 2010, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

was not he suspended by pcb
Old July 23, 2010, 11:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Mohammad Yousuf retired on the advice of some Tablighi Jamaat Elder brother(s)...

Sometimes players announce retirement to relieve the burden of "fan target"/iconism/ inside politics

these things many times and often has becomes the obstacle between a player's performance on the field and pleasure for the game. once this thing is alleviated from the chest, the player feels the resurgency to perform again and thus unretires!

example? not just within Pakistan cricket...take no further than our own Mohammad Rafique...after Rafique announced retirement, he announced that he still has some gas left in him.....and wanted to come back! man, I have repeated about Mohammad Rafique a gazillion times recently, boy oh boy i miss him a lot
Old August 9, 2010, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Yousuf Yohana at his prime was always a treat to watch - he would be the any team's preferred middle order with such fluency and charismatic cricketing shots, unbelievable. How many times he had won matches for Pak!

He deserves lot better than this.
Old August 10, 2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
a big yawn to you !
I am going to put it in.
Old August 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

We Really need Rafique ...Razzak has become pretty ordinary

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 15, 2010, 02:16 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
We Really need Rafique ...Razzak has become pretty ordinary

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
what! OK, you must typed in wrong thread ..lol

MoYo returned to action today - he made 40 not out in the practice match vs worc.the match got washed out.

from CI:
The highlight of the game for the visitors was an unbeaten 40 by Mohammad Yousuf, who returned to national squad after announcing his retirement just a few months earlier, and he is set to slot back into the Test side at The Oval after ruling himself out of the Edgbaston clash.

scorecard