facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 22, 2006, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I would love to see Shahadat coming good, we need a genuine fast bowler in test cricket who can hurry the batsman. With some experience, I think he and Mashrafee will be the perfect opening pair for Bangladesh.

Rasel is an excellent bowler for oneday due to his tight line and length.

Anyhow, going back to the topic. I ended up working from home today, since I was up the whole night watching the match. Just finished reading all available news regarding the match, now I am busy going through all the threads in BC

Old February 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

I recorded the news from ATN Bangla.The Headlines started with the news of victory.ATN Bangla showed all the dismisals. Former Test Cricketer Lipu was in News room!

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 10:12 PM GMT, by Bat&PadTogether.
Old February 22, 2006, 06:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Thanks [sarcastic] to the buffering problem with the streaming in the 2nd innings, I decided to get some sleep, as I knew that I couldn't call sick at work in the morning. I had turned the monitor towards the couch so that I could catch a moment, if am awaken by the roar of tiger fans in Bogra.

The last score I remembered was something like BD 90/3 in some 23rd/24th overs, and when I woke up around 7:15 in the morning, I anxiously rushed to the monitor to see, if we could pull it off. And, what a relief it was !!! Since the start of this game, everything seemed to be working in our favor (toss, condition, bowling, fielding) so I was optimistic about the win, but it's hard not to worry about our suicidal batsmen.

Throughout the day, I kept an eye on the various articles/stories in Google News about the game. I hungrily waited for Utpol Shuvra's reports in Prothom-alo. I have also visited slcricket.com, and it's interesting to notice some of the comments like, "why Vaas and Murali were not on the team", "SL might lose the series", "did SL's top order fail or BD's bowling was too good", "how SL captain always gets out by reckless shots", "SL current captin wasn't any different than their regular one (lack of leadership)", "time for Tom Moody to go"...

A friend of mine pointed out that WI is now the only world champion those blood tigers hadn't tasted yet.

I am waiting for THAT day, when BD wins will not be considered as upsets. I am not saying we will win every games, but we will not lose before a match starts.

Edited on, February 22, 2006, 11:04 PM GMT, by moinkhan.