facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 5, 2012, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

All batsman looked poor except Kayes.http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...38;type=series
S.Shuvi and Farhad Reza did well as bowler http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...38;type=series

Old February 5, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I think we just got to see that our A team played a very good England Lions side. Because this Sri Lankan A team is really strong and plus they were facing them at home. So we should be pleased about the results in this series. Definitely a positive that we beat them in the series.
yup our team did well in comparison to Srilanka A.http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka...ry/551998.html
Sri Lanka A won the fourth match of their series with England Lions to draw level at 2-2 and set up a decider in Colombo on Monday. Despite a brisk opening partnership between Samit Patel, promoted up the order in place of Joe Root, and Alex Hales, the Lions limped to 204 all out in 42.1 overs after being asked to bat. Sri Lanka's batsmen also struggled to score freely but solid contributions from the top order eventually saw them to their target.

When Kosala Kulasekara became the third wicket to fall in 16 balls - with 17 still needed for victory and No. 8 Malinga Bandara on his way to the crease - the Lions may have sensed an unlikely reprieve. But Bandara struck a six and a four as he and Kushal Perera put the wobble behind them to secure the win with almost eight overs to spare. The run chase was built on another solid opening - Dimuth Karunaratne top-scoring with 45 - and Sri Lanka's middle and lower order provided better ballast than England's had earlier in the day.

The Lions' innings gradually subsided after the opener Patel had blasted a 47-ball 50. The next four batsmen all failed and when Hales departed - becoming Seekkuge Prasanna's third victim - with the score at 139 for 6, a challenging total still looked a long way off. Chris Woakes provided some resistance but he fell to Bandara as the 200 beckoned and the Lions' tail was finally clipped shortly after.
Old February 5, 2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
our A teams and under 19s are doing ok ...... when will the BIG boys turn up ???
Soon in Asia cup!
Old February 6, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

BD A > Lions > SL A
and
BBC Test Match Special's Geoffrey Boycott
"If Joe Root doesn't get Andrew Strauss's job as England opener after the 2013 Ashes, I'll eat my hat. With salt and pepper."
Old February 8, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ ei loktar mukh diye eto shundor shundor metaphors ar analogy ber hoy!