facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who will be TAMIM'S best partner in ODI?
Imrul Kayes 8 13.33%
Shahreer Nafees 32 53.33%
Junayed 18 30.00%
Nazimuddin 8 13.33%
Aftab 10 16.67%
Naeem 5 8.33%
Nafis Iqbal 10 16.67%
Marshal Ayub 4 6.67%
Shamsur Rahman 7 11.67%
Nazmus Sadat 7 11.67%
Kapali 5 8.33%
Others:Mention name please 6 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 4, 2009, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Okay well let's look at some qualifying openers

Shahriar Nafees's average is about a 52 against minnows..he compiled 1444 runs in 33 matches..that is very good but against the top 8 teams he has only 2 50's out of 29 matches against the top 8 with an average of only a 16.62 in 29 matches compiling 482 runs..people just see that average of 33 and just say wow he has to be there instead of big Z but in reality who wants an opener who averages so low against top 8 teams even though playing a good # of matches

Zunaed Siddique- His average is only 19 compiling 236 runs in 13 matches against minnows which is way below Nafees but lets look at his performance against top 8 teams..230 runs in 15 matches at an average of 15.3..which is pretty similar to Nafees

Aftab Ahmed- 1050 runs in 36 matches at an average of 29 against minnows which is much lower then Nafees..now let's look at the top 8 average..he has 808 runs in 44 matches at an average of 18.36

So when we look at everything and Big Z obviously looks the worst against minnows but when you look at them against top 8 teams they all can't even break an average of a 20 which is terrible..in my opinion i would give naeem a go at opener..he hasn't been given enough oppurtunities and he looks like a guy who can hit and give a fiery start while tamim just plays his style..

Old November 4, 2009, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Short term, it have to be SN or may be NI

Long terms who knows? Kayes, Nazimuddin, Sadat, Rony or some new studd...

Howver I don't believe Aftab or Kapali is either short or long term solution.

I need to see more of Ayub, Shamsur, Naeem tried as opener in local league before predicting their ceiling as an opener.

Kind of giving up hope on Junaid as opener.
Old November 4, 2009, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I voted for everyone (because I can) except Aftab. Fazlami kore holeo Aftab ke vote dibo na.
Old November 4, 2009, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I want to see Junaid there. Hope he improves a little. He needs to learn to play a long innings.
Old November 4, 2009, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

lets give Naeem a chance to open...
Old November 4, 2009, 07:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

^^^^^ this guy :d
Old November 4, 2009, 07:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I think SN is better poised to come back to this position.
But my only concern is he is very good with minows, not that good with his elder brothers.
Old November 4, 2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
I will give him a chance.
Old November 4, 2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
I want to see Junaid there. Hope he improves a little. He needs to learn to play a long innings.
Indeed. Coach needs to help him out ...
Old November 5, 2009, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Welcome back Sadi bhai.

Where have you been?! Nepal?

Regarding big Z, I'm right
Still believing that you are right? He is becoming an Ash. We don't need any top potential failure like him any more. We need applications like Nayeem....
Old November 5, 2009, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Shahrier Nafees, hands down. Kapali/Aftab hasnt done anything yet but do have the potential.. But neither of them are Openers. Here is the equation:

Which Opener is pefroming in the Domestic League = Shahrier Nafis
+
Who has the best statistics/experience amongst all openers of Today and the Past = Shahrier Nafis

+
Who is the single most major failure for current the National Team = Junaed Siddique

=
Shahrier Nafees comes back as the opening partner for Tamim Iqbal
Old November 5, 2009, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Ash has to be rested, ALok/Aftab can come in. if Ash can get million chances and score a beautiful century once in a million years than whats wrong with Alok or Aftab? I don't think they will need much more time to hit a ton or two like Ash once in a million years, even they can score more centuries than Ash if they get as much chances on a stretch as Ash got. We don't need to get emotional here for Ash that how he saved our butt in some occasion and played big knocks, we do appreciate and will appreciate that kind of performance, but when the man is giving his wicket same way over and over in every matches and scoring more zeros and not performing, so why should we stick with him, then we should give someone else chances who can perform better than earning zeros and throwing away wicket same way over and over.
Old November 5, 2009, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
Naeem is a big NO. He has all the makings of a good middle order batsman. Obviously that became more prevalent after yesterday, so I don't blame you for suggesting he opens. Anyway, he seems to be more of a hard working middle order batsman, as well as a cool-headed finisher. He and Mahmudullah are very similar, with Mahmudullah slightly more aggressive from the start. They should stay down the order.
Old November 5, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I would favour Junaid over SN, simply because Junaid has a much better ability playing against swinging deliveries, these days Junaid rarely gets out by technical errors against full deliveries, where as SN would regurlarly get beaten by swinging full balls.

Junaid also packs much more power.
So, you don't consider inability to play shots along the ground or inability to find gaps as technical deficiencies ?!!!

Zunaed is a talented batsman, no doubt. I also admire his hitting ability. But the guy got few big issues to work out before he can find consistency even at club level. Till then, he should stay out of the national team.

I don't want to see SN back as an opener either. He made a smart decision to move down a place, I would suggest him to move down another place. But he should be back in the team at either #3 or #4 slot for the next series against India and Sri Lanka, especially after watching how horrible our current top four batsmen have become.

For the next series, imo, either Imrul or Aftab should be given a try as an opener, based on who does better in the ongoing DPL.
Old November 5, 2009, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
So, you don't consider inability to play shots along the ground or inability to find gaps as technical deficiencies ?!!!
No its called poor shot selection.

But then again, you are correct in saying that Junaid isnt a natural driver of the ball, and seems more like a pinch hitter, with his frequent aerial shots, but still Im correct, because his poor shot selection is due to the his technical defficiency.

Last edited by Nafi; November 5, 2009 at 08:19 PM..
Old November 5, 2009, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Naeem is a big NO. He has all the makings of a good middle order batsman. Obviously that became more prevalent after yesterday,
He's a finisher. So I say he still belongs in the late-middle order playing a Symonds like role, I mean just look at the number of not-outs he has.
Old November 5, 2009, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
No its called poor shot selection.

But then again, you are correct in saying that Junaid isnt a natural driver of the ball, and seems more like a pinch hitter, with his frequent aerial shots, but still Im correct, because his poor shot selection is due to the his technical defficiency.
Not sure what you mean by poor shot selection. It's not like he tries to pull a delivery that's there to be driven or vice-versa. Problem is whenever he drives or pulls, he always does it upishly. It does not look like a matter of choice for him, looks more like matter of lack of control.

Same with his shot placement - more often than not, he shows lack of control to place shots in gaps.
Old November 18, 2009, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I did not mention the name of Rony here and he is doing well?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 19, 2009, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He's a finisher. So I say he still belongs in the late-middle order playing a Symonds like role, I mean just look at the number of not-outs he has.
Yes, finisher, therefore he should stay in the middle-order. I'm just surprised that after one innings, which illustrates all the makings of a good-middle order batsman and finisher, people have come to the conclusion that he should be tried as an opener.