facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 6, 2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla
Default Islamic Lectures for all- Must Listen

Dear My brothers Bani Adam,

Listen to it as if someone giving you advice. Please don't take it as offence nor I am degrading anyone of you. Listen to the lecture:

Sorry for giving the link because I don't know how to upload the video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHbX...feature=fvwrel

Bangladeshi society in the name of development becoming corrupt. We lived outside of bangladesh, my parents visited there, so as an outsider they were able to see what were the wrong in the society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WZ902FdGrEo

Last edited by Shock; March 11, 2012 at 05:38 AM..

Old February 6, 2012, 05:13 PM
Banned

Islam truly is the answer to many things brother Shock.

It is shocking to see Bangaldeshi youngstars who go abroad to study end up doing haram things like consuming alcohol, eating non-halal meat food ( Non-halal branches of McD, KFC, etc. ), committing pre-marriage adultery. O mankind, fear your Lord for it is to him you shall return.
Old February 6, 2012, 05:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis

It is shocking to see Bangaldeshi youngstars who go abroad to study end up doing haram things like consuming alcohol, eating non-halal meat food ( Non-halal branches of McD, KFC, etc. ), committing pre-marriage adultery. O mankind, fear your Lord for it is to him you shall return.
The West is the best place to nurture Islam...here hell and heaven both are open to an individual.. it is upto to the individual which one to choose.

Some other parts of the world, if one chooses a heaven all the time, he may find himself in a hell for ever. What I mean is in the West, you can lead a good, real religious, and peaceful life without bribery, drugs, and corruptions in social and professional life.
Old February 6, 2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock
Dear My brothers Bani Adam,

Listen to it as if someone giving you advice. Please don't take it as offence nor I am degrading anyone of you. Listen to the lecture:

Bangladeshi society in the name of development becoming corrupt. We lived outside of bangladesh, my parents visited there, so as an outsider they were able to see what were the wrong in the society.
Shock bhai..no worries..you have just saved me from a shock..I opened a thread and now I can't upload some pictures. As I have read this post, I feel betta.
Old February 6, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Click on share in the YouTube video link. You will see the embed code. Copy the code and paste it here. It should work.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 8, 2012, 10:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Amla, Azhar, Steyn

Quote:

These vile acts aren't limited to Bangladeshis living abroad. I am pretty sure that youngsters living in Bagladesh are pretty much in the same boat when it comes to consuming alcohol and pre marital relationships.
Old February 8, 2012, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by y-factor
These vile acts aren't limited to Bangladeshis living abroad. I am pretty sure that youngsters living in Bagladesh are pretty much in the same boat when it comes to consuming alcohol and pre marital relationships.

I agree with y-factor. Alcohol, lesser extend but but pre-marital relationship is in bangladeshi tradition and it is growing.
Old February 10, 2012, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree with y-factor. Alcohol, lesser extend but but pre-marital relationship is in bangladeshi tradition and it is growing.
That's news to me.
Old February 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I personally don't understand why people are always so worried about how others live their life. I dont think it has any significane in your life what so ever how I choose to live mine. I know the things you guys pointed out is haram in Islam but as long as you follow them why do you care if someone else does?
Old February 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
I personally don't understand why people are always so worried about how others live their life. I dont think it has any significane in your life what so ever how I choose to live mine. I know the things you guys pointed out is haram in Islam but as long as you follow them why do you care if someone else does?
Well Bancan my philosophy has always been, I don't want to be just a good Muslim, I want to be a better Muslim....

....than you.

Old March 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Got to admit, you do have a point. Of course, we should let our close ones know if they're unknowingly doing wrong but trying to be the judge of others' lives is in itself a wrong act.
Old March 10, 2012, 07:45 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I know that this may be the wrong audience, but what the heck. In my four years in the UK till date, I've often gotten the impression that religion is a 'culture substitute' for british-bangladeshi youth, where alienation from both their native culture and 'western' culture has led them to cling to another set of cultural values i.e. Islamic values.

Growing up abroad, many of them have never learned their native language and have never become really familiar with Bengali literature, music, festivals, customs etc. You'll almost never see a young guy in a cotton panjabi or a lungi or a girl in a sari (except for weddings). At the same time, many of them also feel distant from western customs and habits and feel that they do not truly belong to it. So, in this state of limbo, they attach themselves to a more pan-national set of values that give them a sense of identity and community. By being British-Muslim, they suddenly have brothers and sisters from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine, Malaysia, Indonesia and all over the Muslim ummah. This particular attachment is clear from the fervor with which the youth campaign for Palestine as compared to socio-political issues in Bangladesh. I believe it is this desire for identity and community that causes many deshi young people abroad to be religious.

This is not the same in Bangladesh. Bangladesh may only be 40 years old but there have been Bengali Muslims living in that particular tract of land for many more years than that. This gestation has allowed for a more comfortable synthesis to be reached between culture and religion, which allows them to exist side by side. Many people are deeply pious but also greatly revere their mother tongue and immerse themselves in cultural festivals. (I'm speaking generally of course, there are always exceptions) It isn't really a choice, it just happens. In contrast to that, in the last couple of decades, many choices have opened up to Bangladeshi youth. They can choose to stay the course of their parents or they can become increasingly 'westernized' or 'bollywood-ized'. Striking a balance is difficult and I am sure many of them will face crises of identity like their British-Bangladeshi cousins in the UK/US
Old March 10, 2012, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

^ Spot on observation. A case also witnessed by me, someone like you who came to the UK 5-6 years ago. Standing on the meeting point of both set of communities give us the perfect view of the reality of our young generations (of which I may be considered one ) living home and abroad and allow us immigrants (temporary or permanent) to benefit from.
Old March 10, 2012, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Insightful comment, Navo. I too have wondered about this proclivity amongst the 2nd generation abroad. Another interesting phenomenon has been how some first generation immigrants try to keep hold of the mores and sensitivities from the time they left the old country. While things have evolved back home, they haven't. This seems to be particularly true for those who tend to socialize only amongst their own kinds and never try to mix with the people of the country they have immigrated to.
Old March 10, 2012, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:

I am guilty of all the above. :p

and Inshallah I will go to heaven.

Brother Navo, your nick somehow got associated with a kid in this forum name novo or something, so i tended to skip things u wrote but now I have taken notice. Good post. You are now under my radar.
Old March 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

oh i forgot crisis - I also have an intense proclivity toward gambling... My pleasure receptors in my brain gets excited even just thinking about it.

I am a disaster in your definition yet I am going to heaven inshallah.
Old March 10, 2012, 10:44 PM
Cricket Savant

I will play the Devil's advocate. (Not agreeing with anyone in particular neither disagreeing rather my just expressing my own views.) Where do you draw the line between Shock/Crisis's preaching and cultural bullying? From my four years stay at BC, I must say I find "culturalism" the new religion thrust unto others. I fondly remember how my father once explicitly bokafied me infront of guests for making fun of Rabindrashangeet on Pahela Boishaki festival overseas.

How is this exactly different from Religion with capital R? In the past the tribes in primitive times had culture and religion part of one theme. 10 years ago (not that it has changed drastically now) you weren't free to choose your religion in Bangladesh. If you were atheist it would be seen as a stigma. Now if you remotely balk at following the herd to celebrate cultural festivities, people would be quick to label you as Razakars or even someone who "lost his identity".

This is just plain bullying and I wasn't aware of it before joining here. Cultural pressure is not different than religious one. And let's face it, in 100 years time, will it really matter if you don't celebrate cultural festivities? World would be so different that it would be meaningless. Hell we would be giant cyborgs and I for one is hopeful that the term homosexual would be obsolete since we would be made of mechanical parts and gears.

Food, clothes, transport, etc- all are being shaped because of intermingling culture. This drawing of invisible boundary between humanities just will distant each others than highlighting the similarities that draws each other close. Alas! Culture is the new religion.

And that's the crux of BD problem -even in cricket. Is there really a need for a get together to huddle and pray? What about the like Alok and Hom? Why cannot a human who has been endowed with free will by God, Almighty be slave to this bullying by others to choose a particular path....

At the end of the day, problem is everyone is trying to be right. Even this post of mine!

On a separate note: BD may be "apnee agey" society but when it comes to matters as giving right of way in traffic or asserting your own authority to prove you are right, you are not "apnee agey". In social gatherings here, all the gossiping and yapping and criticizing and slandering proves that at the end, it's all about me, me, me and me being right. Isn't that Ego? Isn't that arrogance?

Sometimes I take too much for granted about my life here in USA.

Old March 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Don't you have to believe in one of the Abrahamic religions to play "Devil's" advocate. Levity aside, and I doubt you are even playing the advocate role, I agree. There is much presumptuous cultural and religious bullying.
Old March 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

No relevance to the thread but just wanted to share this but couldn't find a place but i guess this is somewhat relevant to the quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrent Buffet
I’ve had it so good in this world, you know. The odds were fifty-to-one against me being born in the United States in 1930. I won the lottery the day I emerged from the womb by being in the United States instead of in some other country where my chances would have been way different.
Imagine there are two identical twins in the womb, both equally bright and energetic. And the genie says to them, “One of you is going to be born in the United States, and one of you is going to be born in Bangladesh. And if you wind up in Bangladesh, you will pay no taxes. What percentage of your income would you bid to be the one that is born in the United States?” It says something about the fact that society has something to do with your fate and not just your innate qualities. The people who say, “I did it all myself,” and think of themselves as Horatio Alger – believe me, they’d bid more to be in the United States than in Bangladesh. That’s the Ovarian Lottery.
Quote:
I personally think that society is responsible for a very significant percentage of what I've earned. If you stick me down in the middle of Bangladesh or Peru or someplace, you find out how much this talent is going to produce in the wrong kind of soil
Quote:
What is your definition of a capitalist? Buffett:
A capitalist lives off of profits, not labor. If I was born in
Bangladesh or 200 years ago, I wouldnʼt have been successful.
Imagine yourself 24 hours before your birth. A genie comes toyou and says, “John or Joan, you will be bright and fair-minded.I will let you design the world into which you will be born — theeconomic and social conditions for you and your descendents.”
John or Joan replies, “So, whatʼs the catch?”
The genie then states, “From the jar pick a ticket. Thereare six billion possible tickets.” The tickets have information onthem such as male or female, U.S. or Bangladesh, physically fit or crippled, nurturing parents or abusive parents.Your lottery ticket matters. Take the example of the sport of boxing. In the 1930ʼs, Madi-
son Square Garden held 30,000 seats. Now, due to cable TV, 190million people can watch the boxing match. The boxers benefit due to the size of the audience — i.e. [the lottery of] when theywere born.

We won the ovarian lottery. In 1930, the odds were 50 to 1against being born in the U.S. I was also born to parents whocared about me, given good health and a good mind.
There you go buddy!!
Old March 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Hadn't seen this before. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiTkU9eIFPs
Old March 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I will play the Devil's advocate. (Not agreeing with anyone in particular neither disagreeing rather my just expressing my own views.) Where do you draw the line between Shock/Crisis's preaching and cultural bullying? From my four years stay at BC, I must say I find "culturalism" the new religion thrust unto others. I fondly remember how my father once explicitly bokafied me infront of guests for making fun of Rabindrashangeet on Pahela Boishaki festival overseas.

How is this exactly different from Religion with capital R? In the past the tribes in primitive times had culture and religion part of one theme. 10 years ago (not that it has changed drastically now) you weren't free to choose your religion in Bangladesh. If you were atheist it would be seen as a stigma. Now if you remotely balk at following the herd to celebrate cultural festivities, people would be quick to label you as Razakars or even someone who "lost his identity".

This is just plain bullying and I wasn't aware of it before joining here. Cultural pressure is not different than religious one. And let's face it, in 100 years time, will it really matter if you don't celebrate cultural festivities? World would be so different that it would be meaningless. Hell we would be giant cyborgs and I for one is hopeful that the term homosexual would be obsolete since we would be made of mechanical parts and gears.

Food, clothes, transport, etc- all are being shaped because of intermingling culture. This drawing of invisible boundary between humanities just will distant each others than highlighting the similarities that draws each other close. Alas! Culture is the new religion.

And that's the crux of BD problem -even in cricket. Is there really a need for a get together to huddle and pray? What about the like Alok and Hom? Why cannot a human who has been endowed with free will by God, Almighty be slave to this bullying by others to choose a particular path....

At the end of the day, problem is everyone is trying to be right. Even this post of mine!

On a separate note: BD may be "apnee agey" society but when it comes to matters as giving right of way in traffic or asserting your own authority to prove you are right, you are not "apnee agey". In social gatherings here, all the gossiping and yapping and criticizing and slandering proves that at the end, it's all about me, me, me and me being right. Isn't that Ego? Isn't that arrogance?

Hard not to have some 'culturalism' in a country which was founded for the emancipation of an ethnic minority with largely religio-cultural homogeneity. Different from a country like the US, which is supposedly built on cultural plurality and difference. (I feel funny even writing that sentence knowing how untrue that sentence has proven to be throughout history)

I, for one, think it will be horrified if in a 100 years my grandkids or my great-grandkids don't have a distinct culture to celebrate and instead fall into a grey, language-deficient global culture. I'd rather they learn how to celebrate differences better!

Agree with the arrogance and desire to be right though =p
Old March 10, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Crisis after crisis~!~! Arrey bhais, desher obostha khub khorab, I am beyond shocked!!! Kichudiin agey tow hekta video dekhlaam in another thread, ekhon tow khujey pailaam naa, anyways.....a bunch of tupiwala monkeys dry humping the bamboo poles of the pandels in the middle of a Waaz-Mehfil ...I am telling you guys, I poop you not....I could not be;liev my own eyes@!@!!
Old March 10, 2012, 11:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Don't you have to believe in one of the Abrahamic religions to play "Devil's" advocate. Levity aside, and I doubt you are even playing the advocate role, I agree. There is much presumptuous cultural and religious bullying.
I am a bleeding liberal after all. :p

Old March 11, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Paisi khuija...eijey dekhen...courtesy of I_1_Primeval_Man bahi!!
Dekhun unbelievabal!!!

Old March 11, 2012, 05:40 AM
Banned

Listen to the lecture posted.