facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 2, 2006, 07:00 PM

beta asto coward. Ektu bom tom futaye surrender korto. Kintu na, kanna kati korei ber hoilen tini! Jotoshob... even the mollahs in our country will compromise themselves. I've lost all faith in mankind

Old March 3, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by alias
I'm just happy that this is the end of lafa-lafi with Sharia for now.
Nope. JMB are being aarrested and punished because they are criminals, not because they want Shariah

These JMB people are just criminals and terorists who kill innocents. They should all be executed.

However, that doesnt mean that BD people will not want Sharia in the future. The JMB tried to tarnish a good cause, i.e. Sharia, however, Bangladesh does not want criminals forcing Sharia.

Oh, and Sharia doesnt necessarily mean what some village mullah interprets it to be. Humane and just application of Sharia is as good or even than many legal systems.

You may have a problem with Sharia itelf because of your personal beliefs, but most Bangladeshi Muslims hate JMB bcause they killed innocents and not because of Shariah
Old March 3, 2006, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark_fin
He should be given 500 years in jail,Death sentence is not enough for him,he mislead hundreds of youth and brought shame on muslims.
For him pious muslims are being intimidated,people are calling persons with beard and tupi "bomber"
He should be interogatted and made to apologise and repent on TV. We need ALL information on JMB's recruits and where potential sleeper cells are currently.

As for those "people who discriminate against bearder muslims", they are equally bigoted and stupid, who just found an excuse to vent their hatred for Muslims, nothing new.
Old March 3, 2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
Quote:
However, that doesnt mean that BD people will not want Sharia in the future.

...Oh, and Sharia doesnt necessarily mean what some village mullah interprets it to be.

You may have a problem with Sharia itelf because of your personal beliefs, but most Bangladeshi Muslims hate JMB bcause they killed innocents and not because of Shariah
Then, what is it, that made you believe BD people WILL want Sharia in future? and Sharia doesn't necessarily mean what some CITY mullah interprets it to be either! Perhaps it's your personal belief too, whether Sharia is better for BD or not! How do you know BD people don't like Sharia law? and they hate JMB also because of that?

You tried to defend Sharia and separate JMB from their ideology in a silly moment. JMB become CRMINAL and it so obvious now, but they were HOLY people only a year back! Now we have OTHER HOLY people who want Sharia law and will remain HOLY until they become CRIMINAL, and things goes like that, is that it?

There is not a single example of peace and non violence in the world yet, by those people who want Sharia. I dont even feel interest to go into detail too. And please don't come up with canadian example, because that's just the beginning, even if it happens.

The bottom line is, you believe Islam or Sharia that is absolutely fine, do it on your own, no need to insist or force anyone.
Old March 3, 2006, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
Quote:
Quote:

...Oh, and Sharia doesnt necessarily mean what some village mullah interprets it to be.

Then, what is it, that made you believe BD people WILL want Sharia in future? and Sharia doesn't necessarily mean what some CITY mullah interprets it to be either! Perhaps it's your personal belief too, whether Sharia is better for BD or not! How do you know BD people don't like Sharia law? and they hate JMB also because of that?

You tried to defend Sharia and separate JMB from their ideology in a silly moment. JMB become CRMINAL and it so obvious now, but they were HOLY people only a year back! Now we have OTHER HOLY people who want Sharia law and will remain HOLY until they become CRIMINAL, and things goes like that, is that it?

There is not a single example of peace and non violence in the world yet, by those people who want Sharia. I dont even feel interest to go into detail too. And please don't come up with canadian example, because that's just the beginning, even if it happens.

The bottom line is, you believe Islam or Sharia that is absolutely fine, do it on your own, no need to insist or force anyone.
Not a single example of peace and non-violence? Maybe you've been seeing Fox News too much.

There are plenty of Muslims who support Sharia but dont want it imposed forcefully. They prefer it to be adopted gradually and voluntarily.

The idea of Sharia has existed for centuries, JMB has been there just for a few years. Just because JMB tried to impose Sharia in a criminal and violent way does not mean that Sharia itself is wrong.

The USA has bombed countries to democracy, literally.

Does that make democracy itself flawed?
Old March 3, 2006, 02:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
যদিও আমার মনে হয় ইলেক্‌শনের আগে আগে বলেই সরকার এতো দ্রুত এই হারামজাদাকে ধরেছে
bhai...etai bangladesher politics....... AL bolen ar BNP bolen...shob eki kaj korto..........
Old March 3, 2006, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not a single example of peace and non-violence? Maybe you've been seeing Fox News too much.

There are plenty of Muslims who support Sharia but dont want it imposed forcefully. They prefer it to be adopted gradually and voluntarily.

The idea of Sharia has existed for centuries, JMB has been there just for a few years. Just because JMB tried to impose Sharia in a criminal and violent way does not mean that Sharia itself is wrong.

The USA has bombed countries to democracy, literally.

Does that make democracy itself flawed?
Sorry, this post become too much nested.

Yeah, same old Fox news or MTV kids logic! go ahead and play your broken record over and over.

Yes, there are plenty of muslims want Sharia in your MIND, don't know the definition of PLENTY in your dictionary though.

And yes the idea of Sharia existed for centuries, but that never means it will be perfect for the people even after centuries.

Like I said in my earlier post, Sharia is right or wrong, it's just your personal belief, just like you accused original poster, there is no need to insist or force to believe others. If someone feel happy that "this is the end of lafa-lafi with Sharia for now", then why you feel urgency to make him correct depend on your personal belief? No body needs to be as intellectual as everybody else, to live his personal life. More or less / one way or another he has his point, why you trying to generalize BD people by saying "that doesn't mean that BD people will not want Sharia in the future"? You also generalized BD people saying "Bangladeshi Muslims hate JMB because they killed innocents and not because of Shariah"!

What makes you so sure? Isn't it OK to hate JMB not just for their criminal act but also because they wanted to impose Sharia on us? Isn't it OK if I don't like Sharia law at all? What's wrong with that? Do I have to be a CITY mullah to make my sorry CHOICE correct, and my sorry life?

Your words sounds like our holy politicians ( Hope I am wrong ), named IIJ, JI, some PEER etc. who is becoming vocal recent days, demanding Shariah for BD. And of course they are ACTING peaceful at this moment, but not sure how long.
Old March 3, 2006, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

did you read and hear our piliticians view specially AL. When our politicians would learn.
I am also disappointed with news media. I fully agree with RAB tht they did not give chance to that Haramjada talk with media. Media is fuming. But do media think what about if in the media this haramjada tell his follower to blow evrything? With electronic media it could have been instanly reach to his follower. What if he alleges some body (For example RAB chief, Prothom Alo editor) was his accessories to crime. The life of the person would become hell. I also do not like so much media spot light before and after his capture. because it give his followers time to escpae. It should have been kept as secret as possible like the sunny case
Old March 3, 2006, 03:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
did you read and hear our piliticians view specially AL. When our politicians would learn.
I am also disappointed with news media. I fully agree with RAB tht they did not give chance to that Haramjada talk with media. Media is fuming. But do media think what about if in the media this haramjada tell his follower to blow evrything? With electronic media it could have been instanly reach to his follower. What if he alleges some body (For example RAB chief, Prothom Alo editor) was his accessories to crime. The life of the person would become hell. I also do not like so much media spot light before and after his capture. because it give his followers time to escpae. It should have been kept as secret as possible like the sunny case
i agree with you its a good thing that rab didnt allow this guy to talk to the media. if america catch bin laden they wouldnt let him talk to the media either. this bastard complained to rab that he was injured because of hot water that rab used. big deal. i thought rab was too nice to him. after he came out they should have taken the quarn sharif out of his hand and drag his behind in the car. before that they should have beat the crap out of him front of the media so those family whos sons daughters fathers mothers he killed could of seen it. criminal has rights too i agree but this is not just any criminal. he deserves to right. no lawyer no nothing. he should be hang in public. guys like this makes our islam look bad. they dont deserve to be treated with any sympathy.
Old March 3, 2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
Yeah, I also was surprised when I saw Prothom Alo and Ittefaq has the same tone of accusing RAB not to allow him to talk with media. Besides they should have put his handcuffed picture, and RAB should have taken off his arabian SCARF and Koran from his hand. It was very surprising that RAB has treated him nicely, I am not suggesting RAB to beat him up, but he should have treated like a mere hated CRIMINAL, and should have showed to his followers via media, what a big a$$ their boss is.
Old March 3, 2006, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sorry, this post become too much nested.

Yeah, same old Fox news or MTV kids logic! go ahead and play your broken record over and over.

Yes, there are plenty of muslims want Sharia in your MIND, don't know the definition of PLENTY in your dictionary though.

And yes the idea of Sharia existed for centuries, but that never means it will be perfect for the people even after centuries.

Like I said in my earlier post, Sharia is right or wrong, it's just your personal belief, just like you accused original poster, there is no need to insist or force to believe others. If someone feel happy that "this is the end of lafa-lafi with Sharia for now", then why you feel urgency to make him correct depend on your personal belief? No body needs to be as intellectual as everybody else, to live his personal life. More or less / one way or another he has his point, why you trying to generalize BD people by saying "that doesn't mean that BD people will not want Sharia in the future"? You also generalized BD people saying "Bangladeshi Muslims hate JMB because they killed innocents and not because of Shariah"!

What makes you so sure? Isn't it OK to hate JMB not just for their criminal act but also because they wanted to impose Sharia on us? Isn't it OK if I don't like Sharia law at all? What's wrong with that? Do I have to be a CITY mullah to make my sorry CHOICE correct, and my sorry life?

Your words sounds like our holy politicians ( Hope I am wrong ), named IIJ, JI, some PEER etc. who is becoming vocal recent days, demanding Shariah for BD. And of course they are ACTING peaceful at this moment, but not sure how long.
Bangladesh as far as I know is 88-90% muslim, and if they have some understanding of Islam, they should all ultimately want a Shariah system, unless the majority are hypocrites. Because as muslims we always say we believe in the Quran and hadith(sayings of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). And the hadith has clearly said that the shariah law is the best possible rulings for manking till the end. Anyone with even a bit of understanding of Quran knows that Allah(swt) sent the message for all times, so anything valid 1400 centuries back is still valid now. Bangladesh already has some laws to reflect on that, i.e the "muslim family law", where share of property between sons and daughter or marriage/divorse is still determined by the shariah law as present during the prophet Muhammad(pbuh)'s time.

Few weeks back I saw a similar post, where somewhere was saying majority Bangladeshis do not believe in "muslim ummah" or brotherhood. While Quran itself says:

"Verily, this nation (lit., ummah) of yours is one nation (lit., ummah) and I am your Lord, therefore serve Me" (Quran 21:92).

As for what kind of ulama is going to make the decisions on Islamic laws. It should be the scholars who have studied shariah law, not random maulana saab from village or cities who's interpretation is not based on any education. Infact I know couple of teachers from Harvard and UIUC who went to Malaysia to study more on Shariah law. One is cocentrating on, the Banking system in Islamic shariah and the other on "fiqh issues" i.e rulings regarding various mattes.

No wonder, our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) gave the highest honors to scholars and not just worshippers. As the hadith goes:

The superiority of a learned man over a worshipper is like the superiority of moon over the stars. He said: There will intercede on the Resurrection Day, the Prophets, then the learned and then the martyrs. So the rank of the learned is next to that of the Prophets and higher than that of the martyrs.

Many of the prominent muslim leaders like the 4 first Khalifas Abubakr(ra), Usman(ra), Omar(ra) and Ali(ra) and our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) can be termed as "holy leaders", as they implemented laws based on the religion of Islam. But nevertheless, every muslims love and respect them.

Anyhow, I do not know if majority or minority in Bangladesh wants Shariah law, but people with Islamic understanding should have no problem with it if implemented properly.

Lastly, JMB is just a terrorist organization just like how KKK included lot of adherent christians. This has nothing to do with the actual religion or its followers. They should just be branded as terrorists and given exemplary punishments. At the same time emphasis should be given at school level to teach the life of our Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and the companions, so that nobody in future gets brainwashed in the name of Islam.
Old March 3, 2006, 05:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Aren't we going off-topic a lit bit?

Lets celebrate

Atleast its a good begining!!!!
Old March 3, 2006, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah true, leader of the biggest terrorist outfit in Bangladesh has been caught. Indeed a great news!!

RAB has done an excellent job in the last few years in combating crime.
Old March 3, 2006, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

as before, i notice many people projecting their views onto the rest of the nation.

a member once said that majority of bangladeshis have little regard for islam because he himself had no regard for islam.

now, banglatiger shahib is implying that most bangaldeshis would not be averse to shariah (at least thats my understanding of his post).

and of course poorfan, is making the old argument that islam is an archaic curse on humanity. i am not even considering that as worthy of refutation because clearly this illustrates 1 of 2 and only 2 possiblities: a complete lack of knowledge about islam or intense dislike of islam.

back to banglatiger bhai:

i disagree respectfully. i doubt whether most bangladeshis would applaud sharia. from my perception, the poorer members of our society tend to be more humble. obviously money and power have not corrupted them.

however the middle and upper class bangladeshis would not want anything to do with sharia. to them islam is no more than roja during ramzan mash, jummar namaaz, and eid er deen.

the bottom line is that very few understand what islam is really about: what kind of a person we are and how we treat others (human beings, animals, the environment, everything).

salaat, zakat, hajj, sawm, iman are all integral. but what is the purpose? we know allah (swt) is not in need of us, so why all this 'work'?

well because islam has one ultimate goal: to transform the beast known collectively as homo sapien into rijaal, man.

the homo sapien is an animal. no different from other animals. in fact, 99% related genetically to other primates, who are also animals.

what seperates man from homo sapiens is that man is aware (has taqwa) whereas the homo sapien is just as the chimp, the tiger, the gorilla, the beast. it mates with whoever it pleases, it eats whatever is suitable, it kills anything for immediate carnal benefit.

the man is aware, he sees that he is above the bestiality of nature. that he must react differently. and it comes down to how we treat the rest of creation, most importantly other humans.

this is the ultimate reason for the knowledge imparted to homo sapiens from their Lord.

osama bin laden prays 5 times a day, but at the end of the judgment his reward will be an-naar, the fire. i am not judging anyone, but basing on action and all that is apparent.

so we see that islam is ultimately about the physical and spiritual trancendence of people. trancending that which is animalistic and temporal to that which is holy and eternal.

sharia is a means, not an end. it will not guarantee salvation. if tomorrow bangladesh became the islamic republic of bangladesh it would not guarantee even one bangladeshi of being an inhabitant of jannah.

may allah guide us as He knows best. Ameen
Old March 3, 2006, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan

sharia is a means, not an end. it will not guarantee salvation.
Very well said, al Furqaan!

Personally I believe that shariah has its own historical limitation to be implemented in any kind of society in this world. To implement shariah law forcefully upon mass people is another story. Sharia will rightfully bring mankind back to black madiavel age. Thank heaven BD people are fully aware of it, else Jamayat or JMB would have ruled the government by now.
Old March 3, 2006, 08:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
To implement shariah law forcefully upon mass people is another story. Sharia will rightfully bring mankind back to black madiavel age.
i think you misunderstood me...i didn't mean that.

shariah will not bring man back to midieval ages.

shariah says:

do not lie
do not steal
do not kill
do not rape
do not fornicate
do not insult
do not oppress
do not mistreat others
do not mistreat parents and elderly
do not use drugs
do not kill children
do not kidnapp
do not cheat

do treat all fairly and justly
do treat women with proper respect
do raise children with guidance

if thats your recipe for backwardness, then please by all means reject shariah and embrace 'modernity'.

further what shariah is not at all about

- stoning to death females who have been raped (where does quran and hadith justify this?)
- forbidding others to preach their faith (quran/hadith justification??)
- prohibiting females from going to school (quran/hadith justification?)
- prohibiting women from driving
- totalitarian/dictatorship/monarchial rule

so what is the difference between shariah and the best of western modern law? only the source.
Old March 3, 2006, 10:23 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Excellent post AL.. as always, you've made your points straight-forward
Old March 3, 2006, 11:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Excellent post AL.. as always, you've made your points straight-forward
hey, we got each other's back...you look out for me, i look out for you.

btw, imtiaz bhai and banglatiger bhai had good posts as well.

i just wanted to clarify a point by banglatiger bhai
Old March 4, 2006, 02:02 AM
Test Cricketer

shariah does not hold people back. everything in quran implies until end of time.
Old March 4, 2006, 04:09 AM

Its all well and good pointing out the merits of what Shariah really is, but somehow I find it hard to imagine if those of us humans who will implement Shariah will be so true and noble as we really should be. I cant imagine ALL of our Mullahs agreeing whole heartedly to

- stoning to death females who have been raped
- forbidding others to preach their faith
- prohibiting females from going to school
- prohibiting women from driving
- totalitarian/dictatorship/monarchial rule

The Taliban, Saudi Arabia, to some extent Iran and the Pakistani Tribal Areas are all blatant examples of Muslims doing these exact same things! With examples already in place I am skeptical of the sincerity Islami parties have in our country in laying down Shari'ah law, within its truest spirit of peace, harmony, respect, tolerance and prosperity.

Furthermore, this is what JMB seems to advocate: They want Shariah, but instead of embracing and espousing it with dignity, honesty, introspection, genuine tolerance and mercy, they had to blow 360+ bombs around the country and spread fear. They glorified self-annihilation and creating terror within people with the excuse that it is a struggle for Islam! How is it Islam when it is God-fearing people they are killing & maiming. and stopping from earning a living & feeding themselves?
Old March 4, 2006, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

I guess the solution to this is to give a well rounded education to the young generation. Emphasis on increasing literacy rate to over 95% atleast, establish world class colleges and universities...

Most of the incidents like that in tribal areas of Pakistan, Afghanistan are due to lack of proper education than anything else. I was reading somewhere that there are some areas in Balochistan, were girls are actually forcefully married to Quran!! This kind of absurd things have nothing to do with Islam, it is just jaheliah(ignorance). Even if those people were hindus, athiest or anything else, they would have still done the same thing just under a different banner.

Infact when I was in Dhaka I met some communist people, who thought that the only way to change our country is through revolution, where bloodshed is imperative. Thus, there can be extreme measures to implement any kind of ideology starting from democracy, communism or secularism not just shariah.

When we look at the golden days of Islamic civilization, the arab world in particular was leading in astronomy, physics to mathematics, the main difference was people were enlightened. Shariah law was implemented(to a certain extent) but by scholars who have done extensice study in that field, not some random tribal leader. Even today, relatively developed muslim countries like Malaysia have more in common to Islamic shariah law than the tribal people in Pakistan, Afghanistan.

So developing our country's economy and spreading the light of education are the first steps towards the right direction.

Edited on, March 4, 2006, 9:36 AM GMT, by imtiaz82.
Old March 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
Street Cricketer

One of the biggest myth is that Sharia came from Quran/Muhammad. In fact Sharia is a set of law that came many years after Muhammad's lifetime. If you guys start a new law today called 'xyz' and base it upon Quran/Muhammad's life, it is not going to be any different than that of Sharia. So Sharia is man-made at best. I find people associate divinity with Sharia which is very wrong. And since it is man-made divinity, it has been a weapon of the poilticians and generals.
Old March 4, 2006, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I would say nothing but will just point out to you a simple phenomena in present day BD.
All the banks including the foreign banks are opening islamic banking branches.Many like Shahjalal bank turned fully islamic bank.Even the Islami bank BD Ltd was forced to reject saving accounts as they could not support more,But the all Other banks are giving more ,sud, than the 'munafa' offered by islamic banks.
Why do you think people are turning to islamic banks?It's because they trast them,its because islam is the best possible solution.
As for Shariah,Most of you seem to be too much ignorant.I didnt study in a madrasah,so i cant explain it all but i am telling you some basic facts.

Shariah is the lifestyle of a muslim advised and ordered by Islam,its not the mere combination of some criminal laws.Salat,Jakat and criminal law,daily lifestyle all are part of the shariah.
The part of islam which is distinct from shariah is Tarikat,of sufism,but unless you achieve a certain stage in shariah,you cannot enter sufiism.
Islamic Shariah is based on 4 pillers:

1.Al Quraanul kareem.
Like the Order to Salaat,refrain from telling lies,eating halal etc.

2.Al Hadis:
Like cutting the hand of a thief.

3.Izma:
When some info is not clear in Quraanul Kareem or hadis,then all the islamic scholers(Muztahids) agree in a law and that also becomes part of shariah.Example:giving the second Azaan in Zumma salaat.

4.Kiaas:
When all previous three does not contain a clear solution,a proper authorititive Imam or Shaikh should compare the sitution to some sitution alike and give the solution,many of our laws an majhabs are derived in this way,and thats why the majhabs differ yet all are right.

So shariah is a continous process and there is no way it can be termed 'Backward' (Nauzubillah).The way of izma and kiaas are always open,thats how islamic banking evolved,some qualified Imam may also make rules for the internet,as our Aleems made about science,and i know there are some who are really ignorant of the present world,but always there are fresh one's.

For example,when a lot of termoil was going about man's visit on earth,some said that none can go to moon coz that will make that unholy.Then Hazrat Amimul Ehsan(Rahmatullahi Alaihee)the then Khateeb of baitul mukarram said"Man will go to everywhere our prophet (SM) went and he(SM) certainly went past all seven skies in his(SM) Miiraj.So its the perspective at which one looks at an event and unfortunately,that of some Aleem's are narrow,but there are such Modern and advanced Aleem's too and they will lead us to islamic resurrection,inshaallah.

May Allah perdon me for making any mistakes in this statement.

নারায়ে তাকবীর,আল্লাহু আকবার।

Its the slogan of muslims,too bad now a days it became captive in the hands of some coloured factions.
Old March 4, 2006, 12:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by endofinnocence
One of the biggest myth is that Sharia came from Quran/Muhammad. In fact Sharia is a set of law that came many years after Muhammad's lifetime. If you guys start a new law today called 'xyz' and base it upon Quran/Muhammad's life, it is not going to be any different than that of Sharia. So Sharia is man-made at best. I find people associate divinity with Sharia which is very wrong. And since it is man-made divinity, it has been a weapon of the poilticians and generals.
well, what is being called 'shariah' today is not shariah...so, yes you are correct.

so called 'shariah' was invented many years after the rasool (saw)'s life. about 1400 years after.

but true shariah is how he lived in his lifetime. how the societies were at that time. madinah and later makkah.
Old March 4, 2006, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

well said, shark_fin