facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 25, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Default Taliban Shoots Couple dead for Alleged Adultery

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...on-camera.html

Quote:
In footage which is being watched with horror by Pakistanis, the couple try to flee when they realise what is about to happen. But a gunman casually shoots the man and then the woman in the back with a burst of gunfire, leaving them bleeding in the dirt.

Moments later, when others in the execution party shout out that they are still alive, he returns to coldly finish them with a few more rounds.

Their "crime" was an alleged affair in their remote mountain village controlled by militants in an area that was only recently under the government's sway.
disturbing !

warning : watch video in link at your own risk.

Old April 25, 2009, 01:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

This is so sickening. Now-a-days whenever I see, hear or utter the word Taliban, my blood starts boiling.
Old April 25, 2009, 01:12 PM
Banned

The video of flogging the girl was so sickening that after watching it, I failed to study anymore that day. I felt that I make curse for these Taliban, but refrained. The true sovereignty lies with the Almighty Allah, and he for sure will punish them in the hereafter.
Old April 25, 2009, 01:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I'm not even watching it. No need for that, i picture in my head is bad enough.

Neel here, mate, i'd request you to think twice before posting the links.
We do have a substantial number of kids here.
I am not comfortable with the whole idea that we are facilitating for them to watch it here, in BC.
Offcourse they can watch it online, but rather they'd do it on their own and not from a link provided in Banglacricket.

Dont you agree so?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 25, 2009, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Rabz I dont think there should be an issue with providing a link to website such as the Telegraph.

But really its just horrible, The taliban seem more animalistic day by day.

But wait....did this happen in Pakistan or Afghanistan
Old April 25, 2009, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Rabz, I do understand your concern and I did think a bit before posting here.

I am caught b/w two viewpoints on this. onone hand is the one you raise to which I agree.

OTOH, sometimes I feel that children, like anyone else need to be cautioned and educated against evil, so that they never get caught by the poisonous ideas of any hate groups. (I prefer not to make any distinction at this point)
it's not like BC is the only source of info on net, access to something like telegraph is widespread.

also, children are usually more mature than we give them credit for. given a proper perspective, which we can give here, would make them understand the situation better than would any alternative exposure to this story from TV/friends etc.

even so, I will certainly delete the link if people still think it shouldn't be here.
Old April 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

nafi, in pakistan, one of the areas near islamabad which has come under taliban control recently.
Old April 25, 2009, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

Dont you agree so?
No I disagree.

But I also think this thread isn't necessary. This isn't really a surprising news. There are many other threads where this video could have been shared ie world news perhaps.

forget cricket would be very messy if we were to post every single crime taliban commit.
Old April 25, 2009, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
nafi, in pakistan, one of the areas near islamabad which has come under taliban control recently.
wow that is even more shocking.
Old April 25, 2009, 01:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

May Allah damn all these Talibans (the group in Afghanistan and Pakistan) and all that sympathise with them and support them. That sister and brother of mine that the evil monster shot and killed are real martyrs of humanity and my dear sister and brother, I don't know your names, may Allah help you rest in peace and may Allah help you find each other back again in Jannat, Amen!
Now, I don't want to preach or encourage hatred here among my young family and friends, but boy do I have the ultimate hatred, the most kind, the worst kind in the filthiest, darkest part of my heart for these so called 'Talibans' - you infidals, enemy of Islam, barbaric human-like creatures are the real insult to the word talibans.
I will chase you Talibans and Hitler and his Nazis in Jahannam/hell, Inshallah!

Off the topic, to the Zardari and the Pakistan government and Pakistan Army, you proved toothless, coward, evil and impotant back in 1971 in Bangladesh, and you are proving again that you are a bunch of crook, corrupt, spineless, coward administration that cannnot even provide the simpliest security to your innocent people, how can you even utter the word security for international cricketers!!! You uncivilized true barbaric fools! May Allah burn all of you in hell!
And I feel truly sorry for the innocent civilians and victims of Pakistan and Afghanistan, may Allah protect you from these inhuman monsters and give you peace!
Now I am going to go to the toilet and vomit.

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 25, 2009 at 02:24 PM..
Old April 25, 2009, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
wow that is even more shocking.
LOL.. do you live in this world man?
Old April 25, 2009, 02:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

they shot a Pregnant women? that is anything but ISLAM.....

the punishment for fornication is 100 lashes according to al-quran(Surah noor)

if these activities continue i think everyone will be happy once US officially takes over that region before things get even more berserk!

Last edited by Rifat; April 25, 2009 at 02:08 PM..
Old April 25, 2009, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Thats just disgusting. Its a shame that they (the taliban) do this in the name of allah.
Old April 25, 2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

This Zardari is the epitome of evil, corruption, and shamelessness. I have no idea how this most pathetic fella became the president.

The response from the Pakistan Govt is the real concern here. And why would they respond? Billions of aid will flow in Pakistan to combat terror. First priority will be then the distribution of these money among the politicians. Zardari will get 10%. Only after that they can think of combating Taliban and providing security for poor Pakistani people.
Old April 25, 2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

deleted
Old April 25, 2009, 03:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

abducted.
Old April 25, 2009, 03:55 PM
Club Cricketer

WARNING! Coming to a town near you in Bangladesh if we put our guard down. I'm afraid
Old April 25, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
LOL.. do you live in this world man?
...well it mostly because being in Britain, and going to a school where there is a big pakistani-british ethnic group, as usual pakis look down on Bangladesh, and see it as a country in bad state.

Well atleast s**t like this doesnt happen in my mother country.
Old April 25, 2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
...well it mostly because being in Britain, and going to a school where there is a big pakistani-british ethnic group, as usual pakis look down on Bangladesh, and see it as a country in bad state.

Well atleast s**t like this doesnt happen in my mother country.
Well Nafi, as Icysteel posted above, we must always be at our guard in Bangladesh too. There is religious belief, and there is blinded faith... blinded with hate, devoid of mercy, full of conformism and application without rationale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icysteel
WARNING! Coming to a town near you in Bangladesh if we put our guard down. I'm afraid
Indeed. Thankfully so far our grip has tightened. But Bangla Bhai existed in Bagmara, and he took many innocent lives in his day, inhumanly torturing and lynching helpless peasants in Bangladesh. We must always be on our guard with the steadfastness in believing in what is right over what is wrong.
Old April 26, 2009, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

That video is so weird. They warn you so much about how disturbing it is, but then all the "disturbing" parts are blacked out...
Old April 26, 2009, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

the little part they did show was disturbing enough for me ! may be I have an overactive imagination/chicken-heart.

but this is nothing in comparison with the couple of year old video of a 12 yr old boy in NWFP beheading an adult on suspicion of espionage. I literally went sick after watching it, although the beheading part was censored.

Last edited by Neel Here; April 26, 2009 at 02:06 AM..
Old April 26, 2009, 02:34 AM
Club Cricketer

i've seen some insanely gruesome beheading videos today by accident, which apparently took place in to swat region. I can post the link here if you want. I think people need to see them who still question about the sadistic nature of these taliban animals.
Old April 26, 2009, 04:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icysteel
i've seen some insanely gruesome beheading videos today by accident, which apparently took place in to swat region. I can post the link here if you want. I think people need to see them who still question about the sadistic nature of these taliban animals.
Don't post.

I once got such links, but didn't have the nerve to watch. Seriously, if I watch I will mentally become very ill.
Old April 26, 2009, 05:01 AM
Cricket Guru

considering I have an extremely soft heart, I'm not going to watch the video, but i can imagine how bad the video can be.

It's sad that the taliban does this in the name of Allah. How can people do this to other people? They have no heart
Old April 26, 2009, 05:15 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

i haven't watch this video in here but i watched this 3 or 4 days ago on the news........they are janoar.manush na.manush hoile emon korte parena.....