facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 19, 2003, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Bangladesh reflecting the Aussie approach: Nasser Hussain

From the New Age:

Bangladesh reflecting the Aussie approach: Nasser Hussain

STAFF CORRESPONDENT

England ex-captain Nasser Hussain criticised the Bangladeshi wickets and advised Bangladesh to prepare sporting wickets in order to safeguard the talent they have.
The former English skipper expressed this opinion while speaking to journalists at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon hotel on Sunday morning, for the first time after reaching Bangladesh on October 8.
“Honestly, there is nothing that can prevent Bangladesh from becoming a successful Test nation. Bangladesh have some real talent. The lad (Nafis Iqbal) who scored a hundred against us the other day was brilliant.” said Hussain.
“He has some fine book shots, however, if these young talents play in such wickets their skills will be limited to a small frame and will suffer on overseas tours in the future.
Hussain also praised the conduct of the Bangladeshi cricket management and hoped that Bangladesh would become a good professional side in the near future.
“The Australian mentality is coming through in the trainings and among the people who work for cricket. It’s a really positive sign.” said Hussain who has been at the receiving of the Aussie attitude many a time.
During the exchange, Hussain revealed a secret wish of his which was to play a 100 Tests for the England team. Then depart and find another task.
“I have already played 86 or 87 matches for the England team. I still enjoy every ball of the game. It would be nice to play 100 Tests for England.
However, he said, he would be at service of the England team as long as they needed him.
Hussain said he was enjoying every moment of his cricketing career. County and Test cricket had made his life so exciting.
As an ex-captain, he said he was now very relaxed. On Tuesday, in the first Test, the pressure would return to him. However, it will be a totally different pressure.
When asked whether Hussain was worried about the England top-order as they failed to perform in both the practice matches, Hussain said that he had no anxiety over their top-order. ‘No worries at all’ said a confident Nasser.

- I love the fact that he compared our approach to the Aussies. That can only be good. Also, he said something very important, which is that we need to prepare better pitches at home if we are too realize our potential.

Old October 19, 2003, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Hmm... let's see, our coach is an Aussie. Our coach for under-19 is an Aussie. We just toured Aus.

Hmm.
Old October 19, 2003, 10:32 PM
Club Cricketer

I wonder if Nasser Hussain is referring to Nafees' sledging as the newfound "aussie mentality"

It was reported in the DS that when Nafis got his half century and raised his bat to the dressing room, none of the players bothered to give him much of a hand. This was done on purpose to let ppl know that such scores are now the expectation, not the rarity.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by Upal]
Old October 19, 2003, 11:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Dude its the aussie way to win matches. I'm very much excited after Hussain's comment; man imagine we are going to be the next Australia in the near future, InshAllah.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by ehsan]
Old October 19, 2003, 11:32 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default But not in real International matches

Quote:
It was reported in the DS that when Nafis got his half century and raised his bat to the dressing room, none of the players bothered to give him much of a hand. This was done on purpose to let ppl know that such scores are now the expectation, not the rarity
But what you said in the quote (above), it does not happen in case of Test matches or One Day Internationals.

Ideally, when somebody scores a Test 50 or an ODI 50, it should be termed as "this is why YOU are in the team, not any jodu, modu or shodu (I made it up ), so we will not applause" but, "if YOU score a century either in Tests or in ODIs, then it should be A JOB WELL DONE".
Old October 20, 2003, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

I think the reason they didn't clap after his 50 was because they didn't want him to think that he had done his job and wanted him to carry on to a century, which I'm sure they cheered quite loudly.
Old October 20, 2003, 08:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Default England may be saying \"Aussie Approach\" but not sure how much he meant it

it's true they are serious than before but still England is the father of test cricket...so much experience and legend is behind the team...they are obviously more stronger than us...if all in our team contributes we might be able to show a decent fight otherwise history might repeat...i wish all of us play their best atleast contribute something to make the game interesting and manage a draw
Old October 21, 2003, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

According to Thorpe we can get to the top of world cricket

http://independent-bangladesh.com/ne...02003sp.htm#A3