facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i say if his body can handle it, give him ago. let's face it he isn't a batsman, he's not even a good enough batsman to warrant a spot in the team as an allrounder, maybe with time his batting will improve and he can be considered as a bowling allrounder, that's also if he can continue bowling like this.

we're missing mash and nazmul, zia can do their job while they're injured at least, he's looked quite effective with the couple of chances he's had lately.

Old March 25, 2013, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

With the new ball he could quite possibly get extra bounce and create problems. I'm not picking him as opening bowler because he bowled well last game. I'm picking him because our so called 'full time pacers' cannot bowl. So this tactic of opening with Ziaur could be a hit or miss but its worth a try.

@Sohel bhai i dont think its hard to 'figure out' 120k bowlers. At the end of the day its upto the bowlers to adjust to the situation if the batsmen happens to be targeting them. If he can do variations in lengths at specific times or bowl clever yorkers if the batsmen seem to want to smash him out of the park then it means he is adjusting to the given situation and could quite possibly put the batsmen under pressure.

And looking at his bowling stats its fair to say he is definitely worth a try...
Old March 25, 2013, 03:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

@BP: Zia, in light of just ONE international game, looked much better than his fellow seamers in terms of economy. If he can keep this up most of the time (NOBODY succeeds all of the time) against quality opposition and under a variety of conditions, he'll indeed prove to be a valuable CONTAINMENT seamer for us. These guys depend on unforced batting error to get their wickets and are never a good option for tests or in some wicket-taking situations in T20Is. We already have someone like that in Nazmul. Guys like Nowadays Rasel, Farhad, Talha and Mukhtar Ali are also made in the same mold. I don't think Zia is in their class.

I'd rather not waste the new ball with someone incapable of generating pace through the air or early swing with wind and moisture in the air, both important on flat tracks and beyond, and aren't actively looking for early breakthroughs. Accurate slow bowling is a much better containment option with the new ball because the ball comes on to the bat a bit slower and a slow bowler has more time to adjust late.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 25, 2013, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Now he has a very good chance to show what he has got. Cmon Ziaur fire them in!
Old March 25, 2013, 03:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Now he has a very good chance to show what he has got. Cmon Ziaur fire them in!
He's in so I'm behind him and everyone else in the starting lineup 100%. I hope he's first change.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 25, 2013, 04:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Bowled decently.

He is definitely not threatening and maybe that could be an advantage the way Dillu and Kusal were swinging and missing. Though I dont think he will often be bowling his 10 overs. Could do a Collingwood/Ganguly sort of job for us, bowling wise.
Old March 25, 2013, 04:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

so far 2-0-9-0, whereas rubel went for 3-0-20-0

did well so far
Old March 25, 2013, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Rubel/Abul should never open the bowling. That should be Mash/Nazmul/Zia's job. L&L + control surmounts everything else when bowling with the new ball.
Old March 25, 2013, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Not bad my friend.
Old March 28, 2013, 04:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Old March 28, 2013, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Did surprisingly okay. Getting away with 6.50 on this pitch ain't terrible for a supposed part timer.
Has been in awful form with the bat, so I'd rather try out Mukhtar Ali or Alauddin Babu as an alternative. Or even Reza.
Old March 28, 2013, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

zia looks promising but not exciting ....... looks to have a better brain than some other bowlers .......

can he regain some of his old pace and fitness of bowling ????

not too optimistic about his batting though agaisnt top team but could be a good mnnow basher at home or homely condtions abroad
Old March 28, 2013, 01:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

the only thing Zia should open is the gate of BCB, his body structure would make him a good gate keeper.