facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 16, 2006, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
you wanna go on supporting ill-paid african footballers against multi-millionaire european footballers
Many African footballers get paid more than most European footballers. How can you generalize?

Old June 16, 2006, 04:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Many African footballers get paid more than most European footballers. How can you generalize?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Togo-...up-25320.shtml
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...9940801961S163
you are right...few do get paid more than some european footballer....but majority dont...

the link above with togo player's pay issue is just an example....

but to clarify, i meant ill-paid in the sense that they are from poor nation and do not get the same as european footballers....i am not talking about club players...i am talking about average players from togo, cameroon or senegal who plays only for their homeland.

Last edited by tiger_man; June 16, 2006 at 04:18 AM..
Old June 16, 2006, 04:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Tiger_man
I'm aware of my skin color and hence i support the team who are not white.Im not racist i just support the poor african nations not the snobbish westerner footballers.
and speaking of generalization..i think this one is a classic example.....

i dunno why ppl missed this one nd had to dig out a generalization example out of my lengthy post...

from what started out as a japan vs australia, turned to tiger_man vs rest of Banglacricket....
oh well, i dont mind...bring it on....havent had a proper online fight in ages..
Old June 16, 2006, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
There is nothing wrong to support Australia or England. But there is everything wrong to be arrogant and disrespectful. Racial comments should not be part of a discussion forum. Charecters are judged not only how people react when they lose but also how they react when they win. Graceful fans are cherished everywhere. I seek Mods assistance. This thread is going towards the wrong direction.
Could not agree more. Someone looking for online fight. This thread needed to be closed.
Old June 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Could not agree more. Someone looking for online fight. This thread needed to be closed.
ya...the sooner the better b4 Hatebreed comes out brandishing his much awaited reply.....
Old June 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

guys..plz put an end to this...
this is looking ridiculously ........( fill in with ur imagination)
lets try enjoy the game...
go behind ur team...support them 100%, but don support kill each other...
if brazilians and argentines can have a peaceful enjoyable beer together at the same table..who the hell are we to kill each other for the country who hardly knows our existence...
im a die hard fan of brazil too...and of australia...(of late, cuz of my residence)...
imho, i see harm done supporting any country u want... well..except pakistan ( bringing my own judgement here)...
but then again..this is soccer world cup..
hv some constructive argument...not some jealous zibrish...

GO Brazil and Socceroos
( damn now im confused who to support the next game...)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 16, 2006, 11:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
( damn now im confused who to support the next game...)
go for australia.....go for the underdogs....
Old June 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
go for australia.....go for the underdogs....
offcourse im going for australia..no question bout that..
but its sooo hard letting brazil go.... can do it only against Bd n Aus..
Swapping my brazilian jersey for socceroo's one come this monday morning..
planning to go back to starcity Showroom n watch the game with the with hundreds of other ppl...

should be an exciting one...
Old June 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

na nana na na
Brazil won
na na nana na
2-0
Aussie can't score in the empty net....:>
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 18, 2006, 02:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
na nana na na
Brazil won
na na nana na
2-0
Aussie can't score in the empty net....:>
Brave man.

tiger_man will not be happy when if he returns... :p
Old June 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Australia was not that bad as a new comer in the world cup recently.....they got fair amount of chances which they couldn't utilize coz of no experience and scorer. Beside, Brazil played very comfortably without taking any pressure. There was no chance that Australia could be a threatened for the mighty Brazil.
Old June 18, 2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Hmmmm. Should have kept an eye on this one. Hope the two sides have hugged and made up. No point getting dirty. However, it's the world cup and show some pride in the team you support. Some will take it a little bit further but it should be all in good fun. Enjoy the games (this has proved to be a better cup then I expected it to be), support your colors (Team colors that is), and rub it in WITHOUT resorting to personal attacks. If you must, challenge each other in a game of foosball or fifa online or maybe even a real match.

Anyone in Virginia/Maryland/DC want to get together and watch me run circles around you guys ? BRING IT ON. After watching all those missed penalties, I am feeling pretty good about NEVER missing a single penalty (I may have missed a few, but you guys can't prove it) in my life. How can you miss a penalty opportunity in the world cup ? Sheeeesssshhh.

(must add, my skills are pretty decent but I won't last more then 15-20 minutes, ehehehehhe)
Old June 18, 2006, 08:43 PM
Cricket Sage

The Hype.....

The result.....

Ops .... Oh.... well there is always next time after 4 years.
Old June 18, 2006, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulw11

tiger_man will not be happy when if he returns... :p
I doubt he will... atleast not in a while... lol oh well.... nah seriously I think Australia played really well.... they should've scored atleast two times but experience helped Brazil get through this one...

Dun worry aussies.... you guys are still young... boro der sathe na khelle kibabe sikbe... don't lose heart...!!!
Old June 18, 2006, 10:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

sadi, the aussies still have a match in hand and could very well finish the group as runners up.
Old June 19, 2006, 02:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

im really proud of the way the boys played against Brazil. Loosing 2-0 to the best team in the world is by no means a great performance for the new n upcoming soccer nation...

but Australia still got a chance to go to the second round..all we need is a draw fm the Croatia game and i believe the Socceroos can do it...

and if they can do that.. they wud play either Czech/Italy/Ghana in the next round..
and i WOULD fancy my luck against any of those opponents based on their performance so far.. though id like to avoid Ghana...lol..

so...depending on the next match... we cud might as well make it to the quarters.. ha ha..that would be an awesome success for Australia..

Go the Socceroos
Old June 19, 2006, 02:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
sadi, the aussies still have a match in hand and could very well finish the group as runners up.
aussies need a draw against croatia to proceed to the next round which should be easy....the draw b/w japan and croatia certainly worked for the aussies as neither of those teams had a 3 point win under their name.....no tana tani with goal difference later....

TO SADI AND FAZAL:
i am a typical brazil supporter till aussies popped up this WC, so i would rather have aussies loose to brazil than to other team in the group...

nd yes, lets see you post ur pictorial kangaroo barbi when aussie take on croatia...
Old June 19, 2006, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
yeah I know that... eto maramarir por ektu pinch marlam arki...
Old June 23, 2006, 01:42 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Ok I am back. (This is probably the longest time I spent without access to internet)

Tiger_man, enough is enough.

You’re just doing damage control with your ignorant drivel. I didn’t start an argument to begin with, I merely protested to an offensive term that you’ve used rather unashamedly. If you didn’t intend to use it in that sense that’s all you need to say but don’t try to refute the term itself is not offensive.

Now you’re saying ‘Japs’ is just a shortened term for Japanese, similar to ‘Aussies’ to describe Australians - another awful comparison. Whereas your initial reasoning was a lot of people in Australia use this word blah……blah…….blah… as if that makes it right for you (or them) to do so. Besides you don’t represent the whole Aussie population. How would you feel if Bangladeshis/Bangalis are called ‘Bangs’, ‘Bangis’ or ‘Bangers’ for ‘short’? Maybe a lot of people in Australia find that acceptable, I suppose that also makes it okay? What are you smoking? "most people" using a term doesn't make it a slang. Slang is use of informal or 'vulgar' language mostly popular to street thugs and racist yobs, that's for sure.

I can't think of a clearer way to explicate your own words. IF ‘Jap’ despite being branded derogatory can still be a shortened term for Japanese without causing offence, wouldn’t you agree the term ‘Aussies’ for Australians could also imply ‘ex-convicts’ to the contrary, at least outside Australia by your logic?

Truth be told, there is no different meaning of this term in difference parts of the world (may be in your head) like there is no different meaning to the ‘N’ word, or the “shortened” word for ‘Pakistani’ - now that’s a reasonable comparison. The only difference is, ‘Jap’ is not your “mainstream” racist word because of the country and its people being relatively progressive throughout history.

Anyway I can see why you’ve berserk, you probably think Australia has conquered the world by beating its biggest foe “JAPAN”. Rest assured there is nothing wrong with feeling blindly and expressively proud. I feel the same way about Bangladesh, or even England (where I live), and of course Brazil, but in the end it’s only a sport and if one lesson I’ve learned in this forum, we ought to avoid prejudice even at the height of ecstatic success. If simply making this suggestion is “dadagiri” or teaching you “table manners”, well mate you’ve got issues.

I could care less how many insults you throw back at me because ultimately it will not change your nature, nor mine. So take this instance and move on, you might find it useful at some point of your sodding life.

I rest my case.
Old June 24, 2006, 05:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You’re just doing damage control with your ignorant drivel. I didn’t start an argument to begin with, I merely protested to an offensive term that you’ve used rather unashamedly. If you didn’t intend to use it in that sense that’s all you need to say but don’t try to refute the term itself is not offensive.
hatebreed....u know better that u didnt just protest but u rather pointed out in a rather rude manner....so stop trying to act innocent....

Quote:
Now you’re saying ‘Japs’ is just a shortened term for Japanese, similar to ‘Aussies’ to describe Australians - another awful comparison. Whereas your initial reasoning was a lot of people in Australia use this word blah……blah…….blah… as if that makes it right for you (or them) to do so. Besides you don’t represent the whole Aussie population. How would you feel if Bangladeshis/Bangalis are called ‘Bangs’, ‘Bangis’ or ‘Bangers’ for ‘short’? Maybe a lot of people in Australia find that acceptable, I suppose that also makes it okay? What are you smoking? "most people" using a term doesn't make it a slang. Slang is use of informal or 'vulgar' language mostly popular to street thugs and racist yobs, that's for sure.
i dont know (and really dont care) where you are from...i live in australia, so i use the same english they use here.....it wouldnt make sense if i used american or canadian terminology by living here...so i think that justifies my usage of aussie words...and no where in my previous post did i make a reference that i represent the aussie population....by using aussie terms doesnt make me a representative of this population...so get ur arguements straight if not right...

Quote:
I can't think of a clearer way to explicate your own words. IF ‘Jap’ despite being branded derogatory can still be a shortened term for Japanese without causing offence, wouldn’t you agree the term ‘Aussies’ for Australians could also imply ‘ex-convicts’ to the contrary, at least outside Australia by your logic?
firstly, no one here gives two hoots on what terms was used against the ex-convicts....australia, particulaly sydney, melbourne and bribane are a highly multicultural society and our ancestors arent "ex-convicts"....

and no, the term aussies does not (except by you) imply to ex convicts....both logically and illogically.....coz few people outside australia have proper knowledge of convicts coming here first....besides those convicts were mostly irish, the term "irish" would logically be more suitable....again me and i am sure many people here dont give a damn about ur reasoning of australian's ancestry and what u logically think of their terms.....

Quote:
The only difference is, ‘Jap’ is not your “mainstream” racist word because of the country and its people being relatively progressive throughout history.
so why make a big issue out of it?? you answered here yourself...
because its not a "mainstream" racist word, that justifies that my usage of the term is not racist....people dont dwell in the past...so if some word were racists 60 years ago, you would expect few people to find it racist still...a classic example is is the f-word....at one time that was one of the most degoratory terms....now its probably the most widely used word.....its still a slang but the level of degoratory has gone down somewhat...same goes with the word "jap"....

Quote:
Anyway I can see why you’ve berserk, you probably think Australia has conquered the world by beating its biggest foe “JAPAN”. Rest assured there is nothing wrong with feeling blindly and expressively proud. I feel the same way about Bangladesh, or even England (where I live), and of course Brazil, but in the end it’s only a sport and if one lesson I’ve learned in this forum, we ought to avoid prejudice even at the height of ecstatic success. If simply making this suggestion is “dadagiri” or teaching you “table manners”, well mate you’ve got issues.
i simply dont know how to counter this without losing my patience....

first of all...how does australia conquer the world by beating japan in a game of soccer by 3-1?? even to the biggest nutcase, that wouldnt make sense.....

my accusation of your "dadagiri" was due to the fact that you were telling me something when its not in your place to do so..not because my reactions to japanese was prejudiced.......dude, i got nothing against the japanese, lets set that straight....this laptop i am replying you with is made in japan...most of the electronic stuff in my house is made in japan...does that make me anti-japanese???

so lets get this one straight...its not me who has issues, its you...because you are running out of arugements to counter my views.....you are taking blind shots at me that dont make sense.....
Quote:
I could care less how many insults you throw back at me because ultimately it will not change your nature, nor mine. So take this instance and move on, you might find it useful at some point of your sodding life.

I rest my case.
hatebreed, i would rather have a sodding life than a screwed up one like yours.....go breed your hatred somewhere else.....i have learned to better to move on with my life and my views as opposed to rectifying someone else's when its not my place to do so.....once again, let me tell you this, i dont give a damn whether my terminology is degoratory to you....i dont run after you and pick on your choice of words so why not show the same courtesy to me?? ....think your life is any better?? take a look at your own life b4 commenting on someone elses.....

saying that i rest my case aswell...
Old June 24, 2006, 08:06 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Tiger_man, you just did what you always do-- deny the fact. My very first post was regarding the term itself but you took it personally and jumped on me. You completely overlooked my point that "there is no different meaning of the term 'Jap' in different places in the world", especially Australia which is a country as close to Japan. It may not be as mainstream as 'n***er' or 'p*aki' (for the reason I already stated, read it again), but still is characterised as racist and adviced from using in all circumstances.

You may not know it or want to accept the truth but Australians hate the Japanese. Being an Aussie or living in Australia where people like to use commonly twisted slang terms doesn't justify a use of shortened the term of another race or nationality, especially one that is widely considered offensive.

You're killing me with your lousy comparisons. The 'F' word is NOT a racist word so it doesn't necessarily or specifically offend people who belong to a particular race, and therefore not as derogatory in the same sense. The fact that F word has become so mainstream and 'acceptable' is because people put up with it and this proves racist words that are not commonly used are NOT acceptable because they are in fact DEROGATORY and should remain this way.

Read your own words, you sound like you're the one 'losing' it just because Australia beat Japan 3-1.. "Australia nails japs.. we taught em karate the kangaroo style".. Big deal! It's so obvious you are getting personal with the Japanese.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with feeling expressively proud, it's only a sport. You can scream all day "WE beat the japanese sumos the ex-convict style", fair enough. Just leave the 'jap' word out of it, it doesn't matter whether you intend to use in a racist manner, it still is offensive and that's all you need to know.

I'm telling you all this because you are ignorant, not because I enjoy arguing with a person of your nature. It's not a question of showing courtesy or hatred, it's about a racist term you are reluctant to accept as derogatory and your continuous denial only makes my argument strong. Don't worry I'm very happy with my life so sort yours out because you mess up big time with that egocentric attitude.
Old June 24, 2006, 08:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Look, guys, I'd hate to but in on your little quarrel, but it's got to stop. Tigerman, I don't understand why you persist in arguing over such a trivial issue. I mean, Hatebreed's first post was not even remotely offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I was going to stay quiet on this, but I have to complaint about the word 'Japs' which is considered a racist and derogatory term for a Japanese descent.
And Hatebreed, I can understand why you may object to another person using a word that you may find offensive in a public forum. And I'm sure you would have realised that, although Australian's do have a colloquial term for almost anything, we will refrain from using it when it is considered offensive.

In this case, I don't think Tigerman represents the vast majority of us.

Why can't we all just get along?
Old June 24, 2006, 08:23 AM
Test Cricketer

dude....replying to your second last post took me 10 minutes coz i'm not a very fast typist.....so i dunno how long replying this one mite take......and i am tired of doing so......

but lets cut to the chase.....the bottom line is we have our own views and i do not agree to yours....despite all arguements i want to keep good relations with everyone here....this one somehow i lost my cool nd replied in a offensive manner....thats not to say u didnt do the same.....u took the arguement on a different directions calling my life sodding, bringing my dad into the arguement which was totally uncalled for.....racism and japanese has nothing to do with my life nd parent's property.....despite what happened i apologise for my part....

so lets call it quits shall we??

peace.
Old June 24, 2006, 12:16 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Ok Tiger_man lets make peace. I said the daddy thing because you took it personally and used my participation on various debates this forum as a weapon to subdue me, nonetheless I apologise. As for you not agreeing to my view is not my problem but yours, because I based my arguement on a term that is widely considered offensive, perhaps not in your local area.. The world is not as small as you think.

Peace.
Old June 24, 2006, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Let me summarize:

Hatebreed: Tigerman shouldnt use "Japs" because its an offensive term

Tigerman: I dont care if its offensive to you, and many Australians use it so I see nothing wrong in using it.

Hatebreed 1 Tigerman 0