facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2023, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Sri lanka getting the treatment that they deserve. all this non subcontinent teams are very familiar with indian pitches from all those IPL. They have more advantage than the subcontinent teams ie pakistan.

Old October 7, 2023, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

How do you even chase 429 in 50 overs?? there is no tie like in test match. Might as well call it quits now.

I hope no team crosses 400 against bangladesh.
Old October 7, 2023, 09:14 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

This is getting ridiculous..this match is a elongated T20 match...ODI needs to be different
Old October 7, 2023, 10:21 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Amader against e 428 korle we should ask the Match referee to bat twice
Old October 7, 2023, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
This is getting ridiculous..this match is a elongated T20 match...ODI needs to be different
ODI is a complete different beast than T20. It's the Indian pitches to blame. This game SA vs Srl looks more like 500 runs wicket lol.
Old October 7, 2023, 12:39 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
ODI is a complete different beast than T20. It's the Indian pitches to blame. This game SA vs Srl looks more like 500 runs wicket lol.
What was on display today is a farce of ODI cricket..this was a 50 over T20 match..I mean if I want to see T20 why would I watch the ODI world cup
Old October 7, 2023, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Aisa, 3 jon batsman century marlo S Africa, kintu ektau Sri Lankan bowler century khailo na????

Rashed Khan porjonto century khaisai in a past tournament

But to be honest BCCI should be ashamed with the poor quality outfield. I doubt this would happen in any other country hosting a world cup.

I still remember the old Dhaka stadium outfield would last long during those mini world cup tournaments
Old October 7, 2023, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

All the news reports suggest this organization called BCCI is putting all their effort and energy into the games against Pakistan. Why not just have a series wiht them instead of using major tournament to have that series.

this is what they treating the world cup as... all effort in hosting pakistan and ignoring everything else. Why even have the WC in India as opposed to say Nepal?? They can probably do a better job. TV ratings would be the same.

They wanna have half time shows for this match.. LOL... these ppl are pure CLOWNS.
Old October 7, 2023, 08:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Bangladesh's matches should have been played in different stadium across Bangladesh, the atmosphere would have been much better.
Old October 7, 2023, 08:38 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
All the news reports suggest this organization called BCCI is putting all their effort and energy into the games against Pakistan. Why not just have a series wiht them instead of using major tournament to have that series.

this is what they treating the world cup as... all effort in hosting pakistan and ignoring everything else. Why even have the WC in India as opposed to say Nepal?? They can probably do a better job. TV ratings would be the same.

They wanna have half time shows for this match.. LOL... these ppl are pure CLOWNS.
ICC, ACC etc are the bigger clowns for letting bcci run everything..I mean just look at the Asia cup..reverse day for a group match(Ind Vs Pak), WC in India again in 2031. these cricket bodys are not even trying to hide it anymore
Old October 8, 2023, 11:01 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Look at Kohli's fitness. Mostly running singles, doubles and even triples well into the 37th over.
Old October 8, 2023, 11:04 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

And now out (!) Shakib-esque to get out on an 80-99 score.
Old October 8, 2023, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
How do you even chase 429 in 50 overs?? there is no tie like in test match. Might as well call it quits now.

I hope no team crosses 400 against bangladesh.
One possible team that can do this kind of carnage against our bowling is going to be the next match. Also, we don't have the batting power to outbat that team (on paper). But cricket is a funny game, anything can happen on that day
Old October 8, 2023, 01:12 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Australian batting definitely has weaknesses. We will play New Zealand in the same ground as Aus played Ind so Shakib will be a threat just like Jadeja
Old October 8, 2023, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I am very hopeful about our team. We just need the right ground.

Need early wickets ..We been failing on that ... and fielding needs to be top notch. Indian fielding today the few mins that i watched the game was top notch ..... viral kohl's catch at first slip I was thinking bd would have missed that for sure.
Old October 8, 2023, 10:37 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
One possible team that can do this kind of carnage against our bowling is going to be the next match. Also, we don't have the batting power to outbat that team (on paper). But cricket is a funny game, anything can happen on that day
We cannot contain these guys. The bowlers should be mentally prepared to get attacked. We need to keep calm and keep bowling in the right areas for wickets. It's ok if England scores 160 in 20 overs as long as we get them 5 wkts down. Bairstow for me is the key wicket as he usually sets the tempo followed by Jos Butler. I hope Ben Stokes sits this one out.
Old October 8, 2023, 11:09 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We cannot contain these guys. The bowlers should be mentally prepared to get attacked. We need to keep calm and keep bowling in the right areas for wickets. It's ok if England scores 160 in 20 overs as long as we get them 5 wkts down. Bairstow for me is the key wicket as he usually sets the tempo followed by Jos Butler. I hope Ben Stokes sits this one out.
warmup match giving me hope..Eng went all attack in that match yet our bowlers did not panic and as a result got them 5 wickets down for 120ish...issue is can our bowlers keep as calm knowing its not a warm up match
Old October 9, 2023, 12:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
warmup match giving me hope..Eng went all attack in that match yet our bowlers did not panic and as a result got them 5 wickets down for 120ish...issue is can our bowlers keep as calm knowing its not a warm up match
Ya batting tai worry. We are always 100/4 regardless of opposition. If the top order fails like that then even 250 chase will need a miracle. Hoping Shanto can play anchor and shakib mushy ryad can play around him. Not hoping much from Liton or Tamim Jr. Liton in form would have been a match winning boost for us.

Not expecting much other than a fight till the last ball. These guys are the defending Champs and so if they have a good day, there isn't much we can do even if we play well.
Old October 9, 2023, 10:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

If the top order batsman are playing goo marka, the fielding has become paitla paikhana (apologies for the crude metaphors)
Old October 10, 2023, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

meanwhile pakistan is chasing down a 350 total. It's the norm in this wc. maybe we gave england 30 runs extra that's about it. our batting is so pathetic.
Old October 10, 2023, 10:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Abdullah Shafique playing his 5th or so game and already looks like he's been chasing these scores all his life.

Meanwhile our batsmen been playing years and still struggle 200s...Can't even blame domestics because Pak is just as bad or maybe even worse than ours.

Lanka is close to bankruptcy and their players aren't getting paid regularly and yet their players, even new ones, player better than ours on average.
Old October 10, 2023, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

How many runs do you need to score to defend on these pattu wickets? Somethings like 450?
Old October 10, 2023, 11:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Abdullah Shafique playing his 5th or so game and already looks like he's been chasing these scores all his life.

Meanwhile our batsmen been playing years and still struggle 200s...Can't even blame domestics because Pak is just as bad or maybe even worse than ours.

Lanka is close to bankruptcy and their players aren't getting paid regularly and yet their players, even new ones, player better than ours on average.
Actually we can attribute that to the flat tracks in Pakistan. Our slow and low Mirpur pitch really ruined our batting. Batsmen simply don't know how to score big. Look at Mushfiq or Liton today.. got out after getting well set to a nothing ball. Set batsman of other teams makes a big score. Both Sri Lanka and Pakistan had two centuries in their lineup. When was the last time we had 2 centuries in a single innings?
Old October 10, 2023, 11:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Hyderabad is another pattu wicket. Absolutely nothing for the bowlers. 350 is more 250.
Old October 10, 2023, 12:35 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

So Pakistan found a good opener to replace Fakhar zaman. It was about time because that guy is a walking wicket. Looking at our batting, I don't see how we can win unless we bowl oppositions out under 200