facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 6, 2004, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Biology

I need to do a Biology experiment that involves data collection... any suggestions?

Old March 6, 2004, 02:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default yeah........

be more detailed when u enter those collected data.
Old March 6, 2004, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

wat i meant was wat experiment i could do...
Old March 6, 2004, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

It depends on what kind of equipments are available to you!

You can record data of how flies mate and their reproduction rate. If that's too boring for you, you can always replace flies with Human being!

Questions to keep in mind:
What if you put two males together? Couple of days later, throw in a virgin there. What will be the outcome? Will increasing the number of males increase the reproduction rate? what about females? Virgins v Non-virgins!

Before you can start your experiment, you have to learn how to recognize virgin flies (or girls if your experiment is on humans)!
I can help you out with flies but with the other one... Good Luck!

Anyways, you might not have all the resources for that experiment. If you do.. Call me right now!

Jaihok: Here is your hypothesis. The reproduction will follow Fibonacci Number!
\
If you dont' like this idea! Screw You!
Old March 7, 2004, 12:18 AM

Default heaven of biology

hay australia is the heaven for biology with all the preculier animals. so, i'd say do something with those animals that can be found only in australia, the rest of the world has very few chance to work on those. here is some ideas, but iff i don't know more about your project, its hard to say:
* life cycle of kangaru or platiplus or something like that.
* see how their food habbit changes with growing up.
* I know one animal (probably platiplus) eats only the leaves of ucaliptus. i could be interesting to see what efforts they make to collect those leaves. and how often they eats and so on.
* if the sea is nearby, try to get the eating timing patern of some sea animal.

something like that........

i think to do some experiment, u'd need to collect some animal. create some problem in their life style and see how they respond to them. for example how long a scorpion can survive with the presence of everything else but their main food.

(i've lots of spelling errors there, hope u won't have problem reading)

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by AgentSmith]
Old March 7, 2004, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

lol @some of the suggestions.. it's a high school project! No need to go to wilderness!

Man just get a pH meter and get the pH of a solution....

See the effect of your saliva (spit on the solution every minute) and jot down the data and hand it in!

Piss in it too if you want! I tried that... My pH went up! My conclusion was Urea is basic.. Got an F on the paper!
Old March 7, 2004, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL LOL LOL LOL Orphy. You crack me up bigtime!!
Old March 7, 2004, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

(sigh)

Anyone here ever done Biology?
Old March 7, 2004, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

The question is - are you even IN biology?? Are you having hard time understanding all the ideas....

If you were smart, you would've already gotten plenty of ideas from this thread. I mean what is it that you want... No one is gonna do the project for you..

Let me quote agentsmith:
Quote:
i think to do some experiment, u'd need to collect some animal. create some problem in their life style and see how they respond to them
Great idea! I could think of thousands of interesting experiments just from that and You don't have to go to Sundarbaan or Bay of Bengal for that...

Here is an easy idea:

Do you have cockroaches in your house? Ofcourse you do.. you are a bengali...

Collect some coackroaches along with their eggs! Divide them equally. Now place one in with Boric Acid Powder and put the other group using some expensive cockroach killing spray or something which do not contain boric acid... and see both of its effects over a week !

Ok that came out of my head without much thinking... so talk to your daddy or your teacher about this before you start if you do! I doubt you will! I think you gonna end up handing in a report that you download off google....

And please don't go ewww eww ewww like some ppl i have seen.... Pig heart dekha tei disgust e mara jai.... "I am not gonna touch it.. eww eww.. so disgusting" ...

Thanks Carte for laughing at my silly stuff!

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Orpheus]
Old March 11, 2004, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok i found a good one... water and mineral transport in plants along the xylem.
Old March 11, 2004, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

porthome ak kam korte paren. akta alu akta kola ar akta apple chilben. bussen. her por pach minute por por color check korben. tarpor haita note korben. jaita beshi kala hoiyya jaibo buzte hoibo je haitate beshi koira iron ase. orthat jader iron dorkar ase tara beshi beshi kore hai fol khaibo. bajare jaiya ar iron tablet kinon lagbo na dam diya. buzhlen.
Old March 11, 2004, 10:09 PM

Default The Best One

I found a greate idea. For this one collect some potato. peel of the skin, collect some animal that u don't mind touching. say fish. get quite a few of those but small in size. get a beaker. fill it up to about half. for varity use sea water. put everything u collected in the beaker and start to heat it at about 100C. then, call your mom, she'll have relief from a days cook.

ps: sea water will eliminate the necessity of salt.
Old March 12, 2004, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL
Old March 12, 2004, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
The question is - are you even IN biology?? Are you having hard time understanding all the ideas....

If you were smart, you would've already gotten plenty of ideas from this thread. I mean what is it that you want... No one is gonna do the project for you..

Let me quote agentsmith:
Quote:
i think to do some experiment, u'd need to collect some animal. create some problem in their life style and see how they respond to them
Great idea! I could think of thousands of interesting experiments just from that and You don't have to go to Sundarbaan or Bay of Bengal for that...

Here is an easy idea:

Do you have cockroaches in your house? Ofcourse you do.. you are a bengali...

Collect some coackroaches along with their eggs! Divide them equally. Now place one in with Boric Acid Powder and put the other group using some expensive cockroach killing spray or something which do not contain boric acid... and see both of its effects over a week !

Ok that came out of my head without much thinking... so talk to your daddy or your teacher about this before you start if you do! I doubt you will! I think you gonna end up handing in a report that you download off google....

And please don't go ewww eww ewww like some ppl i have seen.... Pig heart dekha tei disgust e mara jai.... "I am not gonna touch it.. eww eww.. so disgusting" ...

Thanks Carte for laughing at my silly stuff!

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Orpheus]
Ofcoarse I do Biology!!! Do YOU?!!! Why would I start collecting living things... we did speciman collection last year. Oh and why would I download the results of the net?!!! I'm a VHA (very high achievement) in Biology allahr-rahmatha. About the cockroach... its a long time since i saw cockroaches in Aus.

P.S- bet u don't even know wat a xylem is (everyone else... don't answer for him!!!)

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Hasib]
Old March 12, 2004, 07:17 AM
Forever Bangy

hey hasib, in grade 11 did you do an experiment called Hay Infusion, where you made a jar of like pond and boiled hay water, and then checked for organisms and crap each week? it's the gayest thing in the world...
Old March 13, 2004, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

No... all our experiments were done in one lesson. We also went on a field trip to study mangrove communities (Orpheus, I'll say it in advance- it didn't stink) and Sand dune communities. Where did you do ur feild teip, Mona?