facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 12, 2013, 02:31 AM
Street Cricketer

Default List of Papon - BCB President's foolishness - Please update

1. No international cricket
2. DPL not organized properly
3. Cox Bazar stadium disaster
4. Match fixing tribunal not formed
5. BPL third edition cancelled, players not paid
6. India tour promised but no action
7. Election rigged
8. Coaches complaining lack of action and multitasking, quick decision making missing
9. TV rights issues
10. WT20 QUALIFICATION
11. Ireland tour cancelled
12. Zimbabwe tour not arranged
13. SA was free, no contact done. Afghanistan complaining against his inaction.

The list is endless. BD cricket will be finished under Papon soon
Old November 12, 2013, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I am not really defending Papon but why the blind hatred?

This is a cricket forum and not a blog I would suggest that you create your own blog and bash at Papon as much as you want. No one cares. Frankly this is getting a bit irritating. Papon is no magician that he will make all of the above possible with a simple gesture.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 12, 2013, 03:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Papon ki emon pap korlo re baap? Still paaping on?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 12, 2013, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Another pathetic thread. No ones possess a magic wand mate..
Old November 12, 2013, 04:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad97
7. Election rigged
8. Coaches complaining lack of action and multitasking, quick decision making missing
9. TV rights issues
10. WT20 QUALIFICATION

The list is endless. BD cricket will be finished under Papon soon
totally agree with u bro , this guy left bangladesh without international game almost more than a 6 month this year , while at the same time when mostofa kamal was a president last year we had same kinda gap but he managed the series for bangladesh in europe and zimbabwe south africa , only Allah knows how mch BPL helped our player , but now when the t20 world cup around the corner in our own soil he failed to do trounament when it most needed ,we didnt have any international game for 6 month but than when ireland proposed us to play their this guy papon disagree , if we couldbe held some game in coxbazar that wouldbeen a great for the bd tourism and for the money maker bcz of him we failed to do that also , now when zimbabwe agrees to come than he is saying ohh bcl is more important , i mean i dont get it how could he even say fast class game are more important than a international game , i dont know how long we have to take this , but i really wish mostofa kamal comes back , just bcz of mostofa kamal this bangladesh team , stadiums changed forever hats of to him
Old November 12, 2013, 05:45 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
totally agree with u bro , this guy left bangladesh without international game almost more than a 6 month this year , while at the same time when mostofa kamal was a president last year we had same kinda gap but he managed the series for bangladesh in europe and zimbabwe south africa , only Allah knows how mch BPL helped our player , but now when the t20 world cup around the corner in our own soil he failed to do trounament when it most needed ,we didnt have any international game for 6 month but than when ireland proposed us to play their this guy papon disagree , if we couldbe held some game in coxbazar that wouldbeen a great for the bd tourism and for the money maker bcz of him we failed to do that also , now when zimbabwe agrees to come than he is saying ohh bcl is more important , i mean i dont get it how could he even say fast class game are more important than a international game , i dont know how long we have to take this , but i really wish mostofa kamal comes back , just bcz of mostofa kamal this bangladesh team , stadiums changed forever hats of to him
Thank you nynemesis.

Atleast there is one person in this forum who understands the importance of continuous international cricket, good stadiums and international matches.

I posted the above thread not because of magic wand but there is no effort from Papon inspite of being president and responsible for this mess.
Old November 12, 2013, 07:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad97
Thank you nynemesis.

Atleast there is one person in this forum who understands the importance of continuous international cricket, good stadiums and international matches.

I posted the above thread not because of magic wand but there is no effort from Papon inspite of being president and responsible for this mess.
Wrong again.

We all understand the importance of international cricket. We also understand FTP Future Tour Program dictates TEST nations schedule. We also understand other TEST nation would not come because they also have commitments. But somehow it doesn't get through you.

I have mentioned this before in your thread(s). It seems you are too young to understand logistics. You need to take a LOOOONG vacation. Hate only breeds hate. The world doesn't revolve under your wants and needs.
Old November 12, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Wrong again.

We all understand the importance of international cricket. We also understand FTP Future Tour Program dictates TEST nations schedule. We also understand other TEST nation would not come because they also have commitments. But somehow it doesn't get through you.

I have mentioned this before in your thread(s). It seems you are too young to understand logistics. You need to take a LOOOONG vacation. Hate only breeds hate. The world doesn't revolve under your wants and needs.
Old November 12, 2013, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Wrong again.

You took all the words right out of my mouth
Old November 12, 2013, 03:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Wrong again.

Tigers eye, you need to go for a mental check up.

I have nothing personal against Papon. I just care for BD cricket.

Our country is still a third world country due to lack of accountability. As President, Papon is answerable to all cricket lovers and accountable to the cricket crazy people of our country.

Final thing, as all other people agree, we need more games and nothing is being done about it. The FTP is just a guideline. As India reduced SA games and Pak and SA arranged a series, two boards in mutual agreement can play any number of games outside FTP.
Old November 12, 2013, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

We don't know whats happening behind the above scenery but that's for sure he looks like the lazy one.
Old November 12, 2013, 09:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Pathetic, repetitive, boring, one dimensional, illogical and irrational thread.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 13, 2013, 12:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Pathetic, repetitive, boring, one dimensional, illogical and irrational thread.
how could u say this when he is mentioning all the mistake that papon did , and we all wouldbe wish we had a better president than mostofa kamal but certainly we did not , he did no effort to make any kinda series those 6 month of gap we have this year, he give priority to DPL which noone cares about around the world , only way we can get into top is playing more international game , and seems like thats not papon best agenda , BPL couldbeen organized 6 month ago but why papon trying to do this now , i would say BPL is more important now than odi and test bcz of world t20 , seems like its impossible now bcz of papon lazyness and for his careless act
Old November 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
how could u say this when he is mentioning all the mistake that papon did , and we all wouldbe wish we had a better president than mostofa kamal but certainly we did not , he did no effort to make any kinda series those 6 month of gap we have this year, he give priority to DPL which noone cares about around the world , only way we can get into top is playing more international game , and seems like thats not papon best agenda , BPL couldbeen organized 6 month ago but why papon trying to do this now , i would say BPL is more important now than odi and test bcz of world t20 , seems like its impossible now bcz of papon lazyness and for his careless act
One of the members highlighted the points accused already.
Still, since you were quoting me, I'll try to answer point by point as raised by the OP.

The Current FTP was designed and declared by the ICC during Mostafa Kamal's tenure as BCB head. If anything, voice should have been raised back then and after carefully analyzing the scheduling gaps and opportunities well in advance, the past BCB administration should have attempted to fill up the scheduling gaps for Bangladesh. By past, I mean the administrative team lead by Mostafa Kamal, not the Ad-Hoc Committee by Mr Nazmul Hossain.

We are neither lucrative nor established cricketing power that just because we have some free time in scheduling, Australia will catch the next flight to Dhaka once we invite them. As mentioned before, planning takes time and in our case, some persuasion.

This accusation can not be directly pointed towards Mr Papon.

Mismanagement in scheduling is nothing new and though he shares some of the blame, I see how it is a complete failure of Mr Nazmul Hasan.

If anything, he should be credited for actually having a physical stadium in Coxsbazar.
We were confirmed as the host of WC T20 2014 in 2010, again during the tenure of Mr Mostafa Kamal and absolutely nothing was done during his time.

The work for both Coxs Bazar and Sylhet stadium started and now being finished during Mr Papon's tenure, despite being appointed into the role in barely year and half prior to the world cup.

Follow the news. Tribunal formed and already had their first meeting last Saturday.

Again, problem inherited than rather created by Mr Papon.
BPL was penned during Mr Kamal's tenure without any formal agreement between Board, Franchise and the Event Organizers. That was a mega mess he inherited and I thought did a decent enough job for atleast making sure the event took place last time despite the whole payment, pakistani player fiasco.
Plus his hard stance against the PCB was also commendable.

India is not his nanubari.
We haven't toured India during the last 13 years and unlikely to tour anytime in the near future. No point raising fingers at him.

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue.

Like ? Care to elaborate with examples ??

9. TV rights issues
Again, the Nimbus contract ended during early 2012 when Mr Kamal was in chair.
You can't simply expect the new president to come in, mostly as an Interim Chief, and expect to sign the most important contract. Specially after the previous experience, BCB ought to proceed carefully.

10. WT20 QUALIFICATION
Is it rather unfair and unconventional ? May be yes.
But if we can't beat the likes of Ireland and Afghanistan in our own soil, we might as well be on the sideline.

We already toured them last year before the T20 World cup.
Which tour you are referring to ?

Again, arranging a tour isn't really a mamu barir abdar.

Gimme a freakin break.
Read newspaper first.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 8, 2013, 05:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

Mismanagement in scheduling is nothing new and though he shares some of the blame, I see how it is a complete failure of Mr Nazmul Hasan.

If anything, he should be credited for actually having a physical stadium in Coxsbazar.
We were confirmed as the host of WC T20 2014 in 2010, again during the tenure of Mr Mostafa Kamal and absolutely nothing was done during his time.

The work for both Coxs Bazar and Sylhet stadium started and now being finished during Mr Papon's tenure, despite being appointed into the role in barely year and half prior to the world cup.

BPL was penned during Mr Kamal's tenure without any formal agreement between Board, Franchise and the Event Organizers. That was a mega mess he inherited and I thought did a decent enough job for atleast making sure the event took place last time despite the whole payment, pakistani player fiasco.

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue. 11. Ireland tour cancelled
Replying your message won't make a big difference but I still want to say it.

at the same time last year during mostofa kamal presidency we didnt have international game for 4 month and guess what he arranged 3 series for us against Wi t&T , tri nation series against zimbabwe and south africa , and macthes against irish dutch and scotish , only 4 month , and this year we have gap for almost a six month but papon didn't arrange not even a single series for bangladesh , what a failure , and than the he cancelled the ireland tour so than he can put that expense money in his pocket

this year BPL was so important than even a any international series for bangladesh cz of the world t20 , yes BPL had payment problem so didnt they had in first edition too ? but they still manage the 2nd edition without much of problem , but this guy papon screwed over everything when we needed that tournament the most

saber hossain wouldbeen a 1000 times better president than papon , but saber found out that this guy papon used all his bangladesh awamilege power and his all 2numberi , so saber knew he cant become a president if this guy stay here , well if papon wanna call himself a true bcb presidnet than he should hold a bcb presidency election again

nz series was done more than month ago and still bangla fan had to wait for another international game almost nearly a 3 month , how devastating is this , and papon epsulately done nothing to arrange some matches for bd during this time

Last edited by Zunaid; December 8, 2013 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: fixed [/quote]
Old December 8, 2013, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Quote:

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue. 11. Ireland tour cancelled

replying your messege wont make big difference but i still wanna say it

at the same time last year during mostofa kamal presidency we didnt have international game for 4 month and guess what he arranged 3 series for us against Wi t&T , tri nation series against zimbabwe and south africa , and macthes against irish dutch and scotish , only 4 month , and this year we have gap for almost a six month but papon didn't arrange not even a single series for bangladesh , what a failure , and than the he cancelled the ireland tour so than he can put that expense money in his pocket

this year BPL was so important than even a any international series for bangladesh cz of the world t20 , yes BPL had payment problem so didnt they had in first edition too ? but they still manage the 2nd edition without much of problem , but this guy papon screwed over everything when we needed that tournament the most

saber hossain wouldbeen a 1000 times better president than papon , but saber found out that this guy papon used all his bangladesh awamilege power and his all 2numberi , so saber knew he cant become a president if this guy stay here , well if papon wanna call himself a true bcb presidnet than he should hold a bcb presidency election again

nz series was done more than month ago and still bangla fan had to wait for another international game almost nearly a 3 month , how devastating is this , and papon epsulately done nothing to arrange some matches for bd during this time
But how can you relate that Papon is behind all of this

Last edited by Zunaid; December 8, 2013 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: fixed [/quote]
Old November 12, 2013, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

so u cant say anything against papon?

i think he is destroying BD cricket and very incompetent administrator
Old November 12, 2013, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
so u cant say anything against papon?

i think he is destroying BD cricket and very incompetent administrator
I concur with the 2nd part.

But you need to get the point. This has to be the N-th time we have seen a Papon bashing thread in the last few weeks and mostly by the OP.

(Where N > 3)
Old November 12, 2013, 11:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Losing my patience
Old November 12, 2013, 12:29 PM
MLC World Series I

I think the OP has some legit reasons to open this thread but could have been more liberal with the whole Papon bashing, despite the obvious.

And I don't agree with T_E to some extent. Agreed that the FTP dictates schedules for Test nations and the logistics issues are not straight forward. But that doesn't mean, we should not be vocal and critical about it. What has Papon done to assure us about more International matches other than empty and false promises?

T_E, the way you concluded asking the OP to take a long vacation(The BCB staff has probably taken enough long vacations. Enough with beating around the bush. They need to start multi-tasking!) and telling him that the world doesn't revolve under his wants and needs, is a cheap shot. As if, he is the only one who wants more International matches..

OP, enough with the persistent ranting. IMO, your post was presented well compared to your previous stuff. But please refrain yourself from being overly aggressive. We heard you once and we get your frustration!
Old November 12, 2013, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Question: what u guys mean by OP?
Old November 12, 2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Question: what u guys mean by OP?
Original poster?

Here, OP is the thread opener...
Old November 12, 2013, 04:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I am with Mohammed97 here. His foolishness goes beyond --

No AC in BCB HQ bathroom facilities
No matchmaking process through BCB. Poor Mushy had to go through Riyad
Lack of Horlicks in BKSP. Poor Mominul won't get taller now.
No prize money for players after the Banglawash

and the list continues..
Old November 12, 2013, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I am with Mohammed97 here. His foolishness goes beyond --

No AC in BCB HQ bathroom facilities
No matchmaking process through BCB. Poor Mushy had to go through Riyad
Lack of Horlicks in BKSP. Poor Mominul won't get taller now.
No prize money for players after the Banglawash

and the list continues..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
Test Cricketer

I'm not sure why this has become such a big deal!
I've seen similar threads in the past about Lotus and many other topics which could easily be put in the same category like this one.
This is a place where we all BC fans come for our daily dose of BD cricket, raising valid or not so valid points while doing so.
By entering our openion in this thread we are doing the same thing what OP did in first place by opening this thread.
Op opened up this thread in good faith with some valid points, no need to bash!

Move on.