facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Did Tendulkar tell him at the house "Unless you display your T20 skills you can't play for Mumbai Indians"

Old January 24, 2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

He has a natural instinct and talent to survive a "bye bye".
Thus he has a unique skill to create endless 'haters'.
Old January 24, 2010, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Siddon's comment backfired ... one day we can say we always played with 10 players...
Old January 24, 2010, 08:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
THey should drop him from the Test team. Its not doing any good to him or the team.
About the 20/20.. when you are 3 down for 13, you are supposed to play like this. he played only one bad shot and tthat got him out. i think he got carried away.
First you say he should get dropped from the team, because he's not doing any good for the team, but then you go on and in a in direct way almost defend his out. man make up your mind first? and read T_E bhai's post. he played ONLY ONE bad shot. are you sure you watched the same game as I was? and he got carried away? the way he started playing from the beginning he got carried away right after he came in, he was lucky to survive till he scored 39.
Old January 24, 2010, 08:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Murad I know you are an Ash fan. How can you say he only played one bad shot today? Go watch the innings again and see how shaky he was. Extremely lucky towards his 39 (31) runs.
Tell me who wasn't except Riyad? Shakib wouldn't score more than 10 if he wasn't lucky. Every player gets beaten and find edges. You can re-watch the innings Tendu played in the first game. He foudn more edges and got beated by the pace many times. That doesn't mean he was lucky to score 116. Or was he?

Crcinfo always make it look uglier than what it is in real.
Old January 24, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Man i got to give it to you, loyal Ash fan.

Now if i substitute your logic to every other dismissal, no dismissal would be batsman's fault .

"Lets take Tamim, if you look closely, Zaheer was getting the ball to pitch on seam and swing away almost every delivery, but the one Tamim went after did not swing the other way despiste having no change in action. It was just one of those ball which was intended to swing so much but did not. If the ball had swung, that would have been a boundary. Nonetheless, it was a tad rash on Tamim's side to go for such a stroke at that stage. If he could put Ishant/Zaheer off track ....."

Now do the same for every other dismissal

come on mate, Ash just messed up and he knows it to. If anybody shld play a SLA better, he shld be the one coz his team is full of SLA's and all their stock balls/wicket taking balls are one that doesnt spin and goes with the arm, a arm ball. How long would he have played the likes of sakib and razzak in nets ? Its called egoistic overconfidence. Hitting out of misery !!!! May be Dhoni got the trick right there.

cheers !
Padosan
I'l have to disagree with you at some point. Zaheer did intend the ball to nip back to the batsman, where Ojha intended the ball to spin[it was clearly not an arm ball] but it did not. And that's what got him out.
I am not disregarding the fact that Ash exposed himself to such an outcome by taking perhaps a bit too much risk. But he was the 2nd highest run scorer, why is everyone bashing him? Why not Shakib.?? Shakib got out to a very stupid mistake as well.
My point is, if Ash is to be kicked out of the team, so should be Tamim/Imrul/Zunayed/Shakib/Raqibul.
Old January 24, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
First you say he should get dropped from the team, because he's not doing any good for the team, but then you go on and in a in direct way almost defend his out. man make up your mind first? and read T_E bhai's post. he played ONLY ONE bad shot. are you sure you watched the same game as I was? and he got carried away? the way he started playing from the beginning he got carried away right after he came in, he was lucky to survive till he scored 39.
I made up my mind, bro. I know what I was talking about. yes I don't want to see him in the Test team. I said this right after the WI Test series. We did watch the game game.

When you are 13/3 in 3/4 overs. what you expected him to do? defend and defend?

he played alright untill that last delivery he played, atleast in my eyes. You can have different opinions.
Old January 24, 2010, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
He played his nesarel ghem today.
And he nasarally got out but he will be in the team. Becuz we hab nobody bayter than him!
Old January 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
How Many Chances Did he give ... One Inside edge that he defended lobbed up to short fine, where there wasn't a fielder.

Almost all of the balls that hit him on the pads, the impact was not inline cause he was playing for the ball to be inline with the Stumps, in the 1st Innings of the 1st Test those same balls that hit him on the pad this innings drifting down leg and he put some bat on it we all know the rest.

I told you @ 13/3 it's very common for players to Counter Attack, the fields are so Aggressive theres only 1 player to defend the entire offside. The Charge down the Track was Unnecessary, can't defend him for that but to bash him for putting balls away.

All those Cover Drives Mahmudullah was playing where he refused the single, those were 4's or 2's because there was no protection.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I made up my mind, bro. I know what I was talking about. yes I don't want to see him in the Test team. I said this right after the WI Test series. We did watch the game game.

When you are 13/3 in 3/4 overs. what you expected him to do? defend and defend?

he played alright untill that last delivery he played, atleast in my eyes. You can have different opinions.
bro, do me a favor. try to read gavaskar's column. This Ashraful is a pure waste of talent. he shouldn't be near national team. Even in Odi's. If he loves to play this kind of batting. Hit n miss. He should focus on T-20 rather than playing test cricket or odi's. there are lots of batsmans that can score consistent 30 runs in odi's. Even a 30 runs by batting for 2 hours in a test match is much more valuable than a bombastic 50 runs. Siddons tried to change Ashraful's batting style, still Ashraful is Ashraful with 10 years of experience.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Is Gavaskar God? Do we have to listen to everything he says? He says Raqibul is not a test quality batsmen, seeing someone's 3 innings and he makes a judgement. Let me tell you one thing about a quick fire 50. Why doesn't anyone complaint when Sehwag scores a 270 ball 300? Why doesn't Gavaskar/experts say that they would prefer a 600 ball 300 over a 270 ball 300? To me, 50 runs is 50 runs. The theory of a 4hour 50 being better than a 1 hour 50 only indicates that the team have already lost the game and are looking for a draw at best.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
^ Is Gavaskar God? Do we have to listen to everything he says? He says Raqibul is not a test quality batsmen, seeing someone's 3 innings and he makes a judgement. Let me tell you one thing about a quick fire 50. Why doesn't anyone complaint when Sehwag scores a 270 ball 300? Why doesn't Gavaskar/experts say that they would prefer a 600 ball 300 over a 270 ball 300? To me, 50 runs is 50 runs. The theory of a 4hour 50 being better than a 1 hour 50 only indicates that the team have already lost the game and are looking for a draw at best.
Shewag is such type of batsman who also can sometimes defend bad balls. He is a such type batsman who can get 4 runs just by playing defensive shot. His defensive shot makes u feel like he is playing attacking shot. it's all about practicing. He got no feet movement. But, he can play with straight bat that sometimes it's very difficult for top-class teams to get him out. If u go back to the first test and watch the highlights, you will see that shafiul was troubling shewag to play a cross shot to get him bowled out or lbw, as he got no feet movement. Shewag went back to his defensive style and tried to play with straight bat. Then when Rubel came to bowl, he started to play his natural game. An average of 50 tells u what shewag is really capable of. An average of 22 doesn't tell u.

THe way that raqibul got out, it will make u the old days of bd cricket, where opponent bowlers will bowl couple of short deleveries to you. then they will bowl you to play drive/cover drive shot. And guess what? slip catch!
Old January 24, 2010, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
Shewag is such type of batsman who also can sometimes defend bad balls. He is a such type batsman who can get 4 runs just by playing defensive shot. His defensive shot makes u feel like he is playing attacking shot. it's all about practicing. He got no feet movement. But, he can play with straight bat that sometimes it's very difficult for top-class teams to get him out. If u go back to the first test and watch the highlights, you will see that shafiul was troubling shewag to play a cross shot to get him bowled out or lbw, as he got no feet movement. Shewag went back to his defensive style and tried to play with straight bat. Then when Rubel came to bowl, he started to play his natural game. An average of 50 tells u what shewag is really capable of. An average of 22 doesn't tell u.

THe way that raqibul got out, it will make u the old days of bd cricket, where opponent bowlers will bowl couple of short deleveries to you. then they will bowl you to play drive/cover drive shot. And guess what? slip catch!
Ok, Bar Sehwag. Hayden/Gilly/Ponting etc, when they go around smacking a run a ball innings, what do you say to that? And when Ashraful goes for it, its all wrong?
And everyone is so eager to find out Raqib/Tamim/Imrul's fault. But have you seen the indian bowlers bowl? I will have to agree with the Indian media and say India does have the best opening bowling pair atm. Specially the way Ishant bowl......amazing. And Zaheer is one of the wittiest pacer ever.
Old January 24, 2010, 10:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

if it's tendulkar being out like this way, we could say he is unlucky.but it's ash dats why it's a non sense shot.I am not a ash fan, only love bd team.our team developed lot but as a well wisher we expect more.To be honest we have no replacement for ash.Why not we blame to Imrul, Rakibul or junaid.
Think is dat we all know our match winners are tamim, ash, sakib,mushfiq and now mahmudullah.
Old January 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Ok, Bar Sehwag. Hayden/Gilly/Ponting etc, when they go around smacking a run a ball innings, what do you say to that? And when Ashraful goes for it, its all wrong?
bhai koi ashraful r koi shewag/hayden/gilly/ponting? chinta korle ektu bhalo bhabe koren.

if ashraful loves to play odi style of cricket, first he needs to learn the basic. Batsmans like shewag/hayden/gilly/pontings are like masters of playing basic cricket. Basic cricket features shot selection/temperment/intelligency on the field/etc. Later those batsmans improvised their batting level. Still they are trying to improvising. They can change their batting gear any time. They can hit boundaries whenever they want. They can take risks, but they can calculate their risk. Shewag doesn't even dare to play cut shot over the slip fielders in test cricket. it's because he practices that shot thousand times on net. In odi, batsmans like Yuvraj can hit sixes anytime even if u bowl a good length ball, no matter what he is going to hit 6. it's all about practicing. They are so strong in their basics.Now, ashraful is such kind of batsman who lackes basic cricket. His shot selection is way poor. And his temperment is out of the world.His average wouldn't be in 20's in both odis/test if he is the master of basic cricket. With 10 years of experience, his average would go to around 40's. He would score consistent double/triple centuries in domestic cricket. He is such a talented player who got all the shots in the book but What a waste of talent. Yes, cricket is such type of game that u can get out anytime. It's a part of game. But throwing wickets consistently? what can u say about that?
Old January 25, 2010, 03:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

i will stop supporting BD if he plays another test. Period!
Old January 25, 2010, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't know what everyone's so upset about. He scored the second best figures. Face it...we have no one better unfortunately.
Old January 25, 2010, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

part of the reason he did better than the others is because the batting order is wrong imo (of course can't prove it), mushy and riyad are better, tamim is better or will be shortly if he isn't already, naeem probably would do a better job and i don't think shakib is any worse than ash (and will get better). if they keep ash in the team he should bat behind riyad and mushy, maybe shakib as well.
Old January 25, 2010, 08:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
He played his nesarel ghem today.

You're right.. it's all Shamim Chowdhury's fault. Everytime that commentator comes Bangladesh loses a wicket. I think he is a "Kufa"!
Old January 26, 2010, 12:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Motin is the Michael Clarke of Bangladesh WITHOUT the following attributes and practices:

1) Not as consistent a batsman.
2) Not as effective a part-time bowler.
3) Not as good a fielder.
4) Not blonde.
5) Doesn't have a good interior decorator.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)