facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 5, 2010, 04:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Be it batting or keeping, Mushy was never good in bouncy wickets.

Old February 5, 2010, 05:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Well, Mithun is looking awesome as a keeper in SAG T20.
Old February 5, 2010, 07:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, Mithun is looking awesome as a keeper in SAG T20.
what about his batting? supposed to be explosive, although it doesn't matter how aggressive and powerful a batsman is if they can't connect with the ball, technique is also something to look at.
Old February 5, 2010, 07:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well, guys I don't think that he is so bad a keeper/batsman. Its true that he has missed many catches but still I think he is good (I know people here will kill me for saying this).
Old February 5, 2010, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru

I would rather say give some hormones to Mushy to get tall so that he can play in bouncy wickets...but hey what about Tendu ..he is good in all wickets! It's just our class...we have not played in bouncy wickets like these since when only God knows
Old February 5, 2010, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Mushy is a negative to the team. Yesterday he missed stumpings on Taylor in his 20s, dropped Broom on 26 and almost messed up the Vettori stumping (maybe that miss would have been good as it would've kept Oram away).

But the two misses ended up costing 80+ runs (30 more for Taylor, 50 more for Broom and not to mention the additional runs by their partners since the wickets didn't fall). So even an 80 score by Mushy yesterday would put his contributions at 0. At his batting average of 22,I don't think we'd be risking anything by bringing in another keeper. Hell, might as well have big Z keep.

He consistantly misses the same or more as chances he gets with Shakib's bowling being the usual one to suffer. HIs dismissal rate is way less than 1 a game.

If Kamran Akmal can be dropped for his keeping (a far better batsman than Mushy), I don't see why Mushy should continue on in the limited overs format.
Old February 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
Club Cricketer

How about bringing a Wk coach and force Mushi and other WKs to undergo rigourus traning? We can't just drop and add players all the time.
Old February 5, 2010, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Sadi bhai, I know he has improved but he still drop catches or miss stumping in almost every game. He almost missed the stumping of Vettory as well.
What we need to do is promote him at number 3 and let him bat there instead of the fool. Keepingwise, it is always hard to take a catch off a spinner. Ross Taylor's stumping was doable but remember it was almost a yorker length ball that he swung right in front of Mushi. So, he probably didn't see the ball too well. Broom's one was a big deviation off the bowler which is hard to take since the keeper is right upto the batsman. I am not saying Mushi is a great keeper. But he is making some improvement and we need to stay with him. What we need to worry about is those batsman who are not making any improvements and gives away their wickets almost every single time.
Old February 5, 2010, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
What we need to do is promote him at number 3 and let him bat there instead of the fool. Keepingwise, it is always hard to take a catch off a spinner. Ross Taylor's stumping was doable but remember it was almost a yorker length ball that he swung right in front of Mushi. So, he probably didn't see the ball too well. Broom's one was a big deviation off the bowler which is hard to take since the keeper is right upto the batsman. I am not saying Mushi is a great keeper. But he is making some improvement and we need to stay with him. What we need to worry about is those batsman who are not making any improvements and gives away their wickets almost every single time.
What we need to do is deflect the attention of gaps we need to fix by pointing to other gaps. This way we can simply ignore our problems and basically repeat the mistakes and expect different results each time.

If we play the percentage games maybe we can lose enough games so by the time the WC comes around we will be bound to win a game or two thanks to the laws of probability.
Old February 5, 2010, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Am I missing something about why Mushfiq is believed to be able to make the team as a batsman in the limited formats?

21.95 average, 4 50s (3 vs. ZIM, 1 vs. IND back in 2007) , 62 SR

Last 25 innings vs G8 teams (excluding WI 2nd string):

8, 7, 32, 6, 35, 4, 1, 2, 1, 15, 11, 30, 15, 8, 22, 44, 6, 15, 0, 4*, 0, 0, 0, 28, 35
Old February 5, 2010, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Mushfiq doesnt look genuine keeper. His technics behind stumpts seems faulty as irregula keeper like Dravid.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 5, 2010, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
How about bringing a Wk coach and force Mushi and other WKs to undergo rigourus traning? We can't just drop and add players all the time.
This would be the right approach.

Few days ago, we were praising Mushy like anything. Now couple of drop catches, we are asking for his head.

Before we drop Mushy, we need to seriously think of our top order batsman. They are the real problem.
When Mushy takes 5+ catches and bring a win to our door steps, what does the top or middle order do? They deny Mushy's efforts for a win.
Old February 5, 2010, 02:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Am I missing something about why Mushfiq is believed to be able to make the team as a batsman in the limited formats?

21.95 average, 4 50s (3 vs. ZIM, 1 vs. IND back in 2007) , 62 SR

Last 25 innings vs G8 teams (excluding WI 2nd string):

8, 7, 32, 6, 35, 4, 1, 2, 1, 15, 11, 30, 15, 8, 22, 44, 6, 15, 0, 4*, 0, 0, 0, 28, 35
True, but then again the guy has shown his worth as a batsman in Test. IMO, we currently have two options to replace Rock - Farhad and Mushfiq. Now Farhad's one day stats are not great either. Mushfiq at least got better stats in DPL, against Zimbabwe and WI. Also, his batting form should be better once he concentrates on it more.
Old February 5, 2010, 02:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

How is juhurul islam? He used to be a keeper, although he does not seem to be a keeper anymore. But he is doing great in current NCL with 2 centuries.
Old February 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

If we had good backups, I'd kick out a lot of other people. Unfortunately we don't. These failures will continue to play like a broken record until the players find greater challenges in domestic cricket.
Old February 5, 2010, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I think we should bring Dhiman in who is a far better keeper and play Mushy as a batsman ...
Old February 5, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

change all 11 with australian 11. can we give them bd citizen ship...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 5, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i guess if mithun's keeping is alright then we can give him ago, or bring dhiman back, really isn't anyone else who is a regular keeper that is worth trying out, maybe saghir but otherwise no one else.
Old February 5, 2010, 04:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

Mushfiqur is a decent batsman....Sub par keeper.

He is good when the ball is pitched in his arc, but it looks like they have found out his weakness to short pitched bowling, where he is less convincing.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

I say bring back Kaheld Mashud, he was a fantastic keeper. Doesn't bok bok like the midget Mushfiq and has a great personality. We need a role model keeper, i hope the rest of the keepers who comes to Bangladesh are not like Mushfiq "Kotha beshi kaj kom"
His batting is ordinary, strikes once in a blue moon like Ashraful. We can't have two Ashrafuls in one team, right now we have 3 (Ash himself, Rok, Mush)
Also his keeping is pathetic, dropped Broom on 23 he made on to 70 something, missed 2 sumping chances, look at his wicket keeping stats in domestic circuits clearly Dhiman's stats are way better.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
True, but then again the guy has shown his worth as a batsman in Test. IMO, we currently have two options to replace Rock - Farhad and Mushfiq. Now Farhad's one day stats are not great either. Mushfiq at least got better stats in DPL, against Zimbabwe and WI. Also, his batting form should be better once he concentrates on it more.
I have no qualms about him as a test batsman or even the keeper in that format.

We all seem to be in agreement the gloves need to come of him. But I don't feel there is justification for him to even be retained as a batsman. Mahmadullah and Naeem are good at building partnerships (seem to work well with each other) and rotating strikes. If those two do there job there is no need for Mushy or Raqibul.

I would sacrifice the extra 5-10 runs Mushy would bring over Dhiman for the additional 50-100 runs that would be saved from dropped catces, missed stumpings and byes.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I just watched some mad skills of Ronaldinho, Messi, Pele, Henry, Kaka, C Ronando, amazing goals, etc. for the last 1+ hours. I am all smiles now. Good therapy!! Try it sometimes.

Next time I am down I will watch Barry Sanders write poetry.
Old February 5, 2010, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I just watched some mad skills of Ronaldinho, Messi, Pele, Henry, Kaka, C Ronando, amazing goals, etc. for the last 1+ hours. I am all smiles now. Good therapy!! Try it sometimes.

Next time I am down I will watch Barry Sanders write poetry.
I'm hoping my Dutch boys won't choke again this year. Used to be a Brazil fan during the Zico-Socrates era till I discovered Juhan Cruyff and shortly thereafter Van Basten.
Old February 5, 2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Mushy should be replaced immediately.
Old February 5, 2010, 11:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

People,

* Mushfiqur Rahim is indeed our Golden Boy. these mistakes are inevitable from a Bangladeshi team with bunch of kid-turning adults into their early 20s.

* HE is the Best we have got in terms of Keeper Batsmen Potential.

WE should be tired of a Bangladesh Team who keeps dropping/rotating players, Game after Game after Game.... it is time to develop a CORE 11 players who will take Bangladesh to glory, granted, Mushfiqur Rahim's height gives him a big disadvantage to his keeping, but hey: We already made that choice right After Khaled Mashud was dropped...

his 100 against India was one of the best Test Hundreds by a Bangladeshi player until date, after Tamim's that is...

Dropping him is not gonna do us any good, it will only do us harm by jeopardizing another young keeper's future...

meanwhile let's groom Anamul Haque, Mithun Ali(coined as the next Bangla Adam Gilchrist by a few BCites back in the old days) now nobody even talks about him!