facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 1, 2005, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Shah Rukh Khan and other Khans at Bollywood

I was never a fan of films. But, for the past few months, I started to see both Hollywood and Bollywood movies. Lets talk about these Khans of Bollywood. Lets first say what the title Khan means. Itz a mongolian term, meaning ruler; and Shah Rukh certainly rulling the bollywood.

Shah Rukh Khan: I think this guys is a very good actor. He is charming and no wander why so many girls like him and why so many boys want to copy his all movements. Anyway, I really like to see his movies. The latest two movies I saw by this actor is the Swades and Veer Zaara. They are over average. Mainly the Swades can be very inspiring for the Indians. Veer Zaara is mainly about the Pakistan-India dispute. He acted very well. What is your opinion about this actor?

Other Khans (Salman & Saif Ali): Even though Salman is like a punk bodybuilder, I like his acting too. For example, I saw him acting in Tere Nam. Boy, the outstanding acting when he is in the indian traditional hospital! He is good. The other Khan, who's acting I like is the Saif Ali Khan. He is son of Sharmila Tagore, a former West Bengal and Bollywood actress and the grand-daughter of Rabindranath Tagore. This guy also acts well. He is very funny. You know what I mean if you have seen Kal Ho Na Ho and Hum Tum. He is good.

One question though, I heard all the Khans of Bollywood, the Shah Rukh, Saif, Salman and Amir, are Ismaelies. Is it true?

Edited on, January 2, 2005, 1:49 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

Edited on, January 2, 2005, 6:04 PM GMT, by TigerFan.

Old January 2, 2005, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Islaelies? Israelis? I thought you said they were Mongols? I am puzzled. Help.
Old January 2, 2005, 05:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
I was never a fan of films. But, for the past few months, I started to see both Hollywood and Bollywood movies. Lets talk about these Khans of Bollywood. Lets first say what the title Khan means. Itz a mongolian term, meaning ruler; and Shah Rukh certainly rulling the bollywood.

Another khan is Aamir khan..and u should watch "Dil chahta hai". This is a great movie.
Old January 2, 2005, 01:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
Islaelies? Israelis? I thought you said they were Mongols? I am puzzled. Help.
Thanks rafiq bhai, I made the correction. Itz Ismaely. They are not mongols. They are indians alright. What I am saying is that Khan is a mongol term. If I'm correct, it came with Mughals. NOw, these Khans may have predecessors, who are mongols or these khans just took the name. Thats it.
Old January 2, 2005, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

I need knowledge.
Knowledge about Bollywood movies/actor/tress.
As it stands now, I'll not able to hold a conversation long enough with any deshi girls this days without having a in-depth knowledge about Bollywood.

erm, or shall I just change my 1.2 litre Vauxhal Austra....revamp it?

Hmmm.......
Old January 3, 2005, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

saif ali khan is son of former indian cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Patudi.
Old January 3, 2005, 01:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am not aware or sure that Sharmila Tagore is a grand daughter of Rabindranath Tagore.

Interestingly, the three leading Khans viz. Aamir, Shahrukh and Salman are shorter than many leading actresses. Heroes used to be tall(Amitabh Bachchan, Vinod Khanna etc) when I was impressionable enough to watch Bollywood movies. Personally, nowadays I agree with Sunil Gavaskar's observation that most Bollywood movies are made by asses for masses.
Old January 3, 2005, 01:56 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Shah Rukh Khan - (Tigerfan, please don't take this personally) has acted the same way in every single movie I'v seen him in. I can never tell if he is laughing or crying or simply smirking. They compare him with Dilip Kumar but to me, he is not even as good as Salman (very poor actor himself). Atleast I felt sorry for Salman when he cried or got beat up, with Shahrukh, I was happy when he died in the movie they did in New York with Saif and Preity.
Saif - definitely funny. Has grown over te years. Did his best works in Hum Tum, DIL CHAHTA HAIN (you won't believe that it's made in India) and some other ...
Salman - ummmmmmmmmm, the little guy is built and doesn't even need an excuse to take off his clothes in every single movie.
Amir - This guy is good. Lagaan and Dil Chahta Hain were really good movies. One of his very early (maybe the first, even though it wasn't realeased until his first hit) movie was called Raakh. I saw it almost 10-15 years ago and thought it was different at the time. I don't even remember what it was about.

If you look beyond the Khans, I like Paresh Rawal. Most of you (even the ones that do watch hindi movies) will probably go WHO ? Just rent Hungama and Awwara, Pagaal, Dewana (you can forward thru the STOLEN bits and just see his scenes). He will crack you up. There are others but I'll leave it for some other time.

Watch RULES if you get a chance. Not bad at all and I love the sountrack.
Old January 3, 2005, 02:23 AM
BC Editorial Team

>> I am not aware or sure that Sharmila Tagore is a grand daughter of Rabindranath Tagore.

Neither did I. Did a google. Some sites tell that she is the grand daughter and some that she is the grand niece.

To tell the truth, I was under the impression that RN Tagore never married

Edited on, January 3, 2005, 7:23 AM GMT, by Tintin.
Old January 3, 2005, 02:35 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Sharmila is related to Rabi Thakur/Tagore and I can ask my mom about the exact relationship. Amar Ma Shob Janey (my mom knows it all)
Old January 3, 2005, 06:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally quoted by tehsin
If you look beyond the Khans, I like Paresh Rawal.
Paresh Rawal is a remarkable comedian. Interestingly enough, I feel that his comic genius has been exploited the best by South Indian movie makers. I remember having seen the Hindi remake of a south Indian movie starring Venkatesh, Sridevi and Paresh Rawal. The Hindi remake was titled "Hairaan"

Edited on, January 3, 2005, 11:07 AM GMT, by cricketfan.
Old January 3, 2005, 06:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
Sharmila is related to Rabi Thakur/Tagore and I can ask my mom about the exact relationship. Amar Ma Shob Janey (my mom knows it all)
Sharmila Tagore is a grand daughter of Rabindranath Tagore.
Old January 3, 2005, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
.....I can ask my mom about the exact relationship. Amar Ma Shob Janey (my mom knows it all)

sure she does..but, guess.. even better to ask aparna sen..
Old January 3, 2005, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Itz a mongolian term, meaning ruler; and Shah Rukh certainly rulling the bollywood.
One question though, I heard all the Khans of Bollywood, the Shah Rukh, Saif, Salman and Amir, are Ismaelies. Is it true?

Edited on, January 2, 2005, 6:04 PM GMT, by TigerFan.
It's Khan not Kahn right?

I don't understand, then why this confusion?
Old January 4, 2005, 12:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Shah Rukh Khan - (Tigerfan, please don't take this personally)
No I won't take it personally. The thing is I really don't have much idea about this film stuff. Anyway, I don't think Shah Rukh is that bad. I mean, he get big bucks for every movie than any actor including Amitabh in bollywood, in my knowledge. So you know!

There's others too.

Anil Kapoor and Writtik Roshan(You know the guy in that alien movie, that guy with glass) are also good actors.
Old January 4, 2005, 01:19 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Tehsin bhai baicha gesen je apnar bou shahrukh khan er craze time er na... :P try saying a bad/negative thing abt SK to any girl nowadays... janto khaye felbe... well its particularly true for my girl... sometimes i wonder SK ar amake pashapashi dara korai deele if I will loose out... :duh: and yeah i am jealous of the guy in case any of u are wondering... I am a fan of the guy myself tho... i think he is really good. He is the boy next door figure in hindi movies... one shudnt expect an "amitabh" performance from him... expect him to look "cute and dreamy" (quoting someone here)... and I think he does it really well...
Old January 4, 2005, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally posted by radicalsami
sometimes i wonder SK ar amake pashapashi dara korai deele if I will loose out...
You wonder??? Sami Khan ghorer moddhe ase!! Hota Hai.
Old January 6, 2005, 06:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Hey guys, have u seen the bride and prejudice. Itz such an offensive movie. I had to shut it down after 10 or 15 minutes. And if you've seen that the second song of the movie, so hilarious. Itz like a typical indian trying to sing a song with English words but hindi tune; I felt like Abu from Simpson is singing.
Old January 6, 2005, 06:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

dil chahta hai was indeed a GREAT film...saif ali, amir, and akshai khanna did a superb job...preity was alright, but the way she was lookin she didnt need to do that even :duh: