facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2010, 08:27 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar
Default Sachin Tendulkar closed in on yet another double hundred,

Sachin Tendulkar closed in on yet another double hundred, as India piled on the runs against Australia [ Images ] in the second Test at the Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore on Monday.
The Master Blaster, having become the first batsman in Test history to surpass 14,000 runs (when on 27) a day earlier, reached his 49th Test ton before lunch with a six off Nathan Hauritz . It was his first century in Bangalore in 12 years and he ensured it was an occasion to remember.

Success was certainly sweet for the legend, who missed out on a hundred in the opening Test at Mohali, getting out on 98 in the first innings.

Tendulkar didn't stop there. He closed in on a double hundred, his aggressive innings regaling a vociferous crowd that kept chanting his name throughout the day.
- Zee news

In the course of his innings, Tendulkar also became the contemporary batsman with the highest Test average.

Last edited by reverse_swing; October 11, 2010 at 08:58 AM..

Old October 11, 2010, 08:44 AM
Administrator

^Beduin - It is important to acknowledge the source of an article rather than copy and paste without attribution. Please do so now and edit your post.

As admin
Old October 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar
Default A privilege to watch: the mastery of one little Indian. PETER ROEBUCK

A privilege to watch: the mastery of one little Indian
PETER ROEBUCK

Sydney Herald
October 12, 2010

Sachin Tendulkar's son had told him how to negotiate the 90s. "Dad,'' spoke the lad, "get to 94 and then hit a sixer." Life is simple for a child. Instead, his father had continued fiddling around and losing his wicket. History does that to a senior, makes him tighten up. As a colleague observed, only Kurt Cobain had a worse time in the 90s. In Mohali, Tendulkar fell leg before on 98 and afterwards sat watching the replay with the umpire and agreed that he had been plumb.

No more. Tendulkar advanced delightfully to 93. And this time did not hesitate. By the look of things he had not been tossing and turning in bed at the prospect of facing the Australian tweakers. Now he stepped down the track and dispatched Nathan Hauritz over the ropes. Doubtless his boy was egging him on from afar.

Next over Tendulkar nibbled at Mitchell Johnson and almost perished. Not easy to hit the Queenslander for six. Apart from anything else, few of his deliveries were directed at the poles. Johnson and Ben Hilfenhaus were holding the attack together. Hilfenhaus has been impressive and unlucky.

Presently Tendulkar (99) faced the offie again. Two steps down the track, a swing of broad shoulders, a clean connection and the ball soared over the ropes. Happily the crowd has latterly been jovial and attentive. Now rapture became ecstasy.

Tendulkar had recorded his 49th Test ton. Retirement? Pah! Age? Fie on the word! Even now cricket does not realise how lucky it had been to produce Shane Warne and Tendulkar in the same period. India might never know how blessed it has been that its best cricketers of the period were also its most upstanding. Pakistan has enjoyed no such luxury.

Murali Vijay had the best seat in the house. His quiet accumulation counterpointed his partner's sublime strokeplay. As far as technique was concerned, there was not much between them. He is an accomplished batsman likely to make the grade. Yet there was an almost imperceptible difference between them, a small margin that somehow separates magic and method. Tendulkar is exceptional. Every shot he plays is compelling. Vijay is admirable. He was not rattled, and played his part in the partnership that turned the match around. Naturally, he was as proud of his first hundred as Tendulkar had been of his 49th.

Not that the Australians were at the top of their game. A missed run-out and overthrows indicated their state of mind. Ricky Ponting wanted his flingers to bowl stump to stump, and set his field accordingly, but looked in vain for a man accurate and patient enough to execute the plan. Shane Watson seemed the best bet but his bowling had gone backwards. Hilfenhaus prefers to swing the ball but adjusted in his second stint.

Hauritz did not meet expectations. Off-spinners come in two varieties, curlers and droppers. He is a curler, which means that he relies on drift and aims for outside edges. Harbhajan is a dropper, and relies on bounce caused by top-spin. Never the twain shall meet. Droppers can deliver from wide of the wicket; curlers are better advised coming close and driving the ball across the batsman.

Hauritz needs to bowl his way. He has taken most of his wickets by teasing batsmen, inviting them to drive through the covers or else over the top. On these pitches and against these opponents, the think-tank wants him to cramp the batsmen. It has not worked. Eventually, Hauritz went around the wicket, and otherwise bowled by his own lights, a reasonable compromise. Bowling to two right-handers did not make things easier. Nowadays, half the batsmen stand the other way around.

Ponting could not do much to check the flow of runs. He is a great batsman, and has become a fine leader, but his resources were stretched by a slow pitch, hot weather and excellent batting. His pacemen worked hard and pounded the middle of the pitch in an attempt to unsettle the batsmen. In the absence of reverse swing, it seemed the best option.

The Tasmanian suffered silently as a mighty batsman built his score. It's scant consolation but in this form and on this pitch, Tendulkar could probably have patted away shafts of lightning. He remains a consummate batsman, and even found time to pull two boundaries.

Tendulkar kept batting past 150, his appetite unsated. How does the song go? "May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift, may you say forever young." The Australians need a miracle. And can only hope that Tendulkar does not start listening to his daughter.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

One word - LEGEND. Best player ever to grace the cricket field.
Old October 11, 2010, 11:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Pollock

If there ever was a 'cricketing god',it'd have to be Sachin Tendulkar.I sometimes thank god for giving me a chance to watch Sachin as i grew up,and even today 15-16 years after i first following cricket seriously,he seems to be at his peak.I hate the indian cricket team(nothing personal to anyone),but i can't ever consider switching channels when this man is batting,i hope i can thank him sometime for the EPIC innings i've been treated by him.

I pray that he reaches 300 tomorrow,because then,he can actually look back and go like:"Now what?I have everything"!
Old October 11, 2010, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

You have Sachin Romesh Tendulkar...and then you have the rest of the world.
Old October 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Legend!
Old October 11, 2010, 08:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
You have Sachin Romesh Tendulkar...and then you have the rest of the world.
Asif bhai I think Sachin deserves his own sentence, and then a few more lines after it too. so its more like

Sachin Romesh Tendulkar

Rest of the world
Old October 11, 2010, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Amazing, even when he's past his prime he's playing better than everyone else on his team and his opposition.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:43 PM
Cricket Sage

^ I think he wakes up every morning and goes, My best is yet to come.
Old October 11, 2010, 09:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I hope he remembers How Gracious BD was to him during his 248*

Old October 11, 2010, 10:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

hope sachin score a good double hundred.
Old October 11, 2010, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I hope he remembers How Gracious BD was to him during his 248*
Don't you mean "HOW CLUMSY" bd was against him!
Old October 11, 2010, 11:29 PM
Cricket Savant

6th 200 for Tendulkar

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 11, 2010, 11:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
127.1 Hilfenhaus to Tendulkar, 1 run, 88.5 mph, Tip and run! 6th double ton and what a year he has had; this is his second this year. He taps it to cover point and off he went. He tapped it , took a step forward, looked across at Dhoni who responded. The celebration is the same that we have seen over the years: The helmet comes, off, the arms are held aloft and he looks up at the skies. He then slowly points the bat like a sword towards the dressing room.
crapuda

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 11, 2010, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Double Ton for the boss. Back to back double it is. He scored one in Srilanka in the previous series.
Old October 11, 2010, 11:56 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Salute!