facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 28, 2003, 01:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default What happened to Shoaib at lunch???

I was wondering what happened to the Shoaib Akhter at lunch and what might he had with lunch???
At the humid and hot weather, Shoaib was sick and was bowling with shorter spells like 2/3 overs even a spell with only 1 over.
But after lunch he appears to be man with fireball and destroy our batting line up with a longer spell like about 5/6 over(I am not sure).
How can he maintain???
Or some sort of "Shane Warne" effect (Drug effect)??????????????????

Old August 28, 2003, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

How can Golla score a century under tremendous heat, batting for nearly 4 sessions despite his recent poor form and the fact that he hasn't scored a test century before?

Is he on any performance enhancing drugs?

How can Danish Kaneria take just one wicket after bowling so many overs even though he has taken more than 30 wickets in the previous 4 tests against bangladesh?

Is this also some weird side effect of the same drug that makes you underperform?
Old August 28, 2003, 01:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

I questioned about Shoaib because I've seen both the bowling he did just about an hour ago and after lunch.It was remarkebly changed and ofcourse I do think this is not normal.
About Golla and Kaneria those were another tests.
Thank You
Shafi

Old August 28, 2003, 02:09 PM
Banned

Are Performance Enhancing Drugs like Tylenol or Paracetamol ?

I mean, are you expected to realize their affect within an hour. My thought is no.

With performance degrading drugs however, it could be a different story. But we are all sure that Shoaib didn't take any of that.

I agree with Arnab's thought in another thread about extreme swings in sentiments that most of us here manifest. If anybody at all, I think many of us are on some kind or another drug !!

I just remembered a conversation with a friend yesterday. His synopsis was that it was our "Muktijoddar Chetona" that contributed to the first day performance.

Now maybe that indeed was our performance enhancement drug, taking effect after an odd 33 years. Strange also why it motivates us against only one country. Anyway, I am rambling here.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Pundit]
Old August 28, 2003, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

"MuktiJuddher Chetona"? I am pretty sure 99% Bangladeshis haven't even read a decent history book to understand what "Muktijuddher Chetona" is.

M.C. was destroyed years ago and there's no need to bring it back. Let it rest in peace and look forward.
Old August 28, 2003, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

No wait, why don't you tell us, Pundit, what Muktijoddher Chetona motivates in you? If it should motivate you "against" some country, pray tell which one it ought to be? Maybe we could use it for motivation against some other countries we have not thought of yet, kind of like a secret weapon.

Don't you usually mock all the all-knowing egotist Bangalees? And you don't have any of those flaws? Right.
Old August 28, 2003, 03:17 PM
Banned

Well, Mr. Rafiq, don't you think that MC was meant to only inspire you to join the armed conflict against WPakistan for our (BD) independance ?

I fail to understand what other contribution it might have ? Nation building is meant to be solely out of patriotism that you have for your already independent country, is it not ?

After all, I seldom see other countries referring to their war of independence to draw motivation for constructive development or war, for that matter.

I know that I may have touched upon a subject dear to you. But please don't expect others to have the chetona or any other chetona, in them, in any less amount than you. Surely, it isn't your trade marked tool such that you alone will be running around dictating when and how to exploit or draw motivation off of it.
Old August 28, 2003, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't expect others to have a less amount than me, let them have more. Nope, I don't have a trademark on it either.

I find it hard to believe you haven't studied history of the human race - you mean to say you can't find any exampes of people being inspired by some long ago victory or struggle or war or march against oppression or whatever?

Don't worry about me dictating anything, tell us more about your own interpretation of this thing called "MC" and what we should do with it. We only got into this discussion because you found it so strange that maybe the players found inspiration from it to perform well (per your friend, the thought hadn't crossed my mind). Also you want to make sure I don't get away with having any more MC than the next guy, fine. If you have no use for this MC, fine again, but why get puzzled and bothered if someone else is inspired? if we are all nation building, and use different drugs to get juiced up for the task, where's the harm? Nation's getting built, isn't it?
Old August 28, 2003, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

I would like to make the small prediction that this thread will rapidly develop into several pages.
TIA for your attention.
Old August 28, 2003, 04:00 PM
Banned

"I fail to understand what other contribution it might have ? "

-quoting myself.

I don't see myself anywhere being "bothered" by MC ??

Also, please make me more aware of

"..you mean to say you can't find any exampes of people being inspired by some long ago victory or struggle or war or march against oppression or whatever?"

such a case without diving yourself into the books of history, while struggling to corroborate your this particular statement !!!

"Nation's getting built, isn't it?"

I disagree ! It is not so, if done with some other agenda really in mind. In my mind, if the MC is to be used at all (as you think it should) for any post independence activity that is meant to better the independent nation, than it should be uniform in application. That is where afterall, the greatness of MC lies. It is pure and can be used for all good intentions, and not a few ones tailored to our hidden agenda.
Old August 28, 2003, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Pundit on your last para, I agree with you completely. got to run, good luck to the team tonight.
Old August 28, 2003, 06:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes, it is time that we FORGIVE (even though they will not apologise) but I do not think we should FORGET..

If we're going to bring in examples, despite WWII finishing nearly 60 years ago, the Jewish people never let us forget what happened to them..

Anyhow, back to the main topic. I think the collapse after lunch was more due to our batsman. One of the players (I cant remember, it could be Bashar), was saying that the lunch breaks disrupts their concentration. I've noticed in many games some form of collapse occurs after a break.

Either way, I think Bashar, Ashraful and Omar did an outstanding job. It's a pity Saleh and Kapali couldn't keep it up..

Otherwise, could it be because of the new ball?
Old August 28, 2003, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Forgive? Forget? I think we have done way more than just forgive and forget. We have succeeded to kill the very architects of our independence within five years. That's quite an achievement in the "forgive and forget" department, I'd say.

I don't think the Pakistanis know an iota about what happened in 1971. Half decent Pakistani? What percentage of the Pakistani population constitute of that? Does that include the PMs and presidents of that country?

I also don't think 1971 is supposed to bring 'bad' memories to us, it is an awesome achievement and should be remembered as such. WE didn't attack the Pakistanis.

Politically immature, eh? That's why all the government policies were executed from the west pakistan for 25 years, right? Don't give me that bullshit. Politically immature my ***. Immaturity cannot cover up hundreds of thousands of murders.
Old August 28, 2003, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

hey fab, you raise the only question worthy of reply here - they didn't take the new ball that early i don't think. there was probably a lot of swing with the old ball