facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 6, 2011, 03:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I can't wait to see how he acts under the new captain.

Old September 6, 2011, 03:54 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

All the statement Shak made in last couple of days r sooo true but sadly nothing willl happen to the real culprit.

I won't be surprise if bcb fine Shak for his comment. BUT, I WOULD LIKE TO GET SHAK BANNED FOR FEW INT MATCHES RATHER THAN GETTING FINED SO WE CAN SEE WHERE OUR CRICKET STANDS WITHOUT THIS MAN

may Allah help bd cricket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 6, 2011, 03:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
yes its a kind of risky staement that he made.

But make no mistake Shakib is no Shoeb Akther. At that point PAK had players to replace him, I don't think at this point we have similar capability players to replace Shakib.

There are bosses in top of bosses in the chain of command. And I think Sakib still have some well wishers in top of the chain of command.

I don't think our BCB boss(es) will be that much stupid to screw up Sakib's career that drastically. Afterall these BCb bosses also loves their job.

For example one small call from Prime Minister's office will make all thise Tiger BCB bosses into mouses.
You are absolutely right. But it all depends on Shakib. If he doesnt stop pointing fingures at the top, while he isn't completely innocent; it could be hard for BCB to back him at the cost of setting wrong presidence for the young cricketers & their own future. They wont mind cutting him off, if he continues. I think Shakib should remin out of media's focus for sometime.
Old September 6, 2011, 04:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You are absolutely right. But it all depends on Shakib. If he doesnt stop pointing fingures at the top, while he isn't completely innocent; it could be hard for BCB to back him at the cost of setting wrong presidence for the young cricketers & their own future.
... as if BCb have a track record of making right presidence.

Quote:
They wont mind cutting him off, if he continues. I think he Shakib should remin out of media's focus for sometime.
I don't think they are that stupid to do that atleast right now. Actually if they do that in near term, that will be the end of their tenure. Whether you like Sakib or not, he is still one of the few who is performing high in bangladeshi standard.
Old September 6, 2011, 06:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
That statement suits a person when he is completely clean. "Shui chalun ke bole, you have hole at your back" that doesnt suit.

You can't encourage him to destroy his career to make you happy. He has a lot to lose. IPL, County and spot in the national team ..... for everything he needs to go through the Board. One Shoaib Akhtar has seen it all & lost what could be a dream career for anyone, due to his indiscipline. And I'm sure, you will not do/say such things for your happiness at your work place, even if the boss is an ***'ole.
sorry bro, but no one is completely clean, we r normal human beings, not prophets.
What makes me happy is that he wasn't afraid to criticize the board, as we all know why we r not still improving as Zim did, no captain can fix a team like BD with the type of people in charge & the gadha type players we have.
And please don't bring Shoaib Akhtar in it, there is no such word as discipline in his dictionary.
Old September 6, 2011, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
- As myself
Unfortunately, not a lot of people here have the guts to speak as themselves like you have done here.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old September 6, 2011, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Biggest problem Shakib has is that he does not know when he needs to be discreet. The highly publisized negative comments about his teammates, at a minimum, has hurt his stature and rendered him a less effective leader. He has a serious character flaw. He does not seem to be able to keep his mouth shut when needed. Furhtermore, he has an uncanny ability to create crisis when there is none! I hope he learns from this experience and comes back as a mauture captain in not so distant in future.

Last edited by LateCut; September 7, 2011 at 01:58 PM..
Old October 20, 2011, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

after he got sacked frm the captaincy i tried to dig deeper into the matter.... i think i possibly read each n every piece written about the matter... thn suddenly i came across this write up... i don't know the credentials of the writer but given the fact that it was written in january 2011 and his predictions has come true I do think there are lots of dirty politics going on against him ... i won't be surprised to know that the 58 n 78 during the WC was a sabotage ... i kno itz hell of a allegation against BCB n I just hope thtz not the case... still itz clear tht something really nasty is going around him hence those negative portrayal of shakib in the media.... anyways here is the link: http://clearcricket.wordpress.com/20...ans-captaincy/

I think all of these pressure might have affacted his performances.... I was going thru this thread n found the some one wrote " it must be a curse to be a Shakib Al Hasan n play for BD team "... i second tht commnt.... this is one boy from BD who has all the potential, energy n temperament to be a true cricket legend of history!!!!!! my dream is to see him topping the list of the best all rounder of all time in cricket history !!! it might not be possible in reality still he can outperform himself n get closer to tht position....I just hope my dream comes true
Old October 20, 2011, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
after he got sacked frm the captaincy i tried to dig deeper into the matter.... i think i possibly read each n every piece written about the matter... thn suddenly i came across this write up... i don't know the credentials of the writer but given the fact that it was written in january 2011 and his predictions has come true I do think there are lots of dirty politics going on against him ... i won't be surprised to know that the 58 n 78 during the WC was a sabotage ... i kno itz hell of a allegation against BCB n I just hope thtz not the case... still itz clear tht something really nasty is going around him hence those negative portrayal of shakib in the media.... anyways here is the link: http://clearcricket.wordpress.com/20...ans-captaincy/

I think all of these pressure might have affacted his performances.... I was going thru this thread n found the some one wrote " it must be a curse to be a Shakib Al Hasan n play for BD team "... i second tht commnt.... this is one boy from BD who has all the potential, energy n temperament to be a true cricket legend of history!!!!!! my dream is to see him topping the list of the best all rounder of all time in cricket history !!! it might not be possible in reality still he can outperform himself n get closer to tht position....I just hope my dream comes true
That LINK is invalid.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero
That LINK is invalid.
Here's the valid link:

http://clearcricket.wordpress.com/20...ans-captaincy/

And this is an Isam article.
Old October 20, 2011, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Here's the valid link:

http://clearcricket.wordpress.com/20...ans-captaincy/

And this is an Isam article.

thhnkkkk you for reposting the link... fr me it was working tho.... anyways who is this Islam guy???? excuse my knowledge but can you please fill me in????
Old October 20, 2011, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you for re-posting the link. It was working for me though. Anyway, who is this Isam person? Do excuse my lack of knowledge, but can you please fill me in?
Isam is Senior Editor at the Daily Star and covers cricket. He is also a member of BanglaCricket. An excellent writer.
Old October 20, 2011, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Isam is Senior Editor at the Daily Star and covers cricket. He is also a member of BanglaCricket. An excellent writer.
Thank you Zunaid bhai. May I know what's his username on BC ? I hope it doesn't affect his privacy.
Old October 20, 2011, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

ok thtz great... now I can quote him .... how come he didn't mention his name in the article rather he picked a nick name as shadeofneem.... thhnnkkkkkk u
Old October 20, 2011, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thank you Zunaid bhai. May I know what's his username on BC ? I hope it doesn't affect his privacy.

ok thtz great... now I can quote him .... how come he didn't mention his name in the article rather he picked a nick name as shadeofneem.... thhnnkkkkkk u
Old October 20, 2011, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
He goes by Isam. Actually he has a thread titled "My verdict..."

Still reading his piece...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 20, 2011, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok, that's great. Now I can quote him. How come he didn't mention his name in the article and rather he picked a nick name as shadeofneem. Thank you.
The author of the article is clearly indicated at the bottom. The poster may not be the author, do make a note of that.

We here at BC strongly enforce attribution and links back to the source whenever we post something - so the author of an article is clearly credited.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

guy, its Isam, not Islam!