facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 8, 2012, 06:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim the Boss

Lets learn about Ron Paul.

Old January 8, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

never trust a republican
Old January 8, 2012, 06:51 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

All of the rep. candidates seem to be from Scooby Doo. These cartoons are gonna be better than Obama? Give me a break.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old January 8, 2012, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
All of the rep. candidates seem to be from Scooby Doo. These cartoons are gonna be better than Obama? Give me a break.
Anyone will be better than Obama. This guy is the biggest war monger in history. You realize Obama is sending troops to Israel now for millitary "excercise"??
Old January 8, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

While I like Ron Paul's isolationist views, let's be realistic here. AIPAC and Congress won't allow US foreign policy to change that dramatically.

On the other hand, Republicans would certainly go along with him in effectively destroying health care for the poor and needy (see the analysis of Ron Paul's Health Care policy by Mother Jones here). In a period where US citizens are too frequently falling out of the middle class because of medical costs and bankruptcies associated with unemployment, I find that a more important reason not to vote for Ron Paul.
Old January 8, 2012, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed
Anyone will be better than Obama. This guy is the biggest war monger in history. You realize Obama is sending troops to Israel now for millitary "excercise"??
This happens every year under every administration for decades. What do you think he is proposing? Is a Levant invasion in the works?

More seriously, why would anyone be better than Obama?

Put your money where your mouth is, and logically compare, say

Gingrich or Bachman or Santorum vs Obama
And, your Ron Paul vs Obama

Why would Santorum be better than Obama? Why would Ron Paul?
Old January 8, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Rick Perry's ad anyone? Looks like a clip right out of a Michael Bay movie.
Old January 8, 2012, 07:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

The mass majority of Americans, the common poor everyday suffering public of America, in the cities and in the country, the majority, although a lot of them will go vote Rebuplican like they always do, are suffering day in day out. There is no job, we are in depression and the society, spirit of the people is already completely degenerating into an over-filled plastic Trash Can everyday, a Republican will only make this suffering much much Worse and will send this already weaker country into further economical destruction, further world isolation like Bushs era and an overall fatigue of mental-physical plague! There is no other choice for the Americans today but to stick to the President Obama even more than ever before otherwise we will sink this ship down, it's already leaking water everywhere...we need to resurge with more Public work, nationwide environmantal repair program and employ the mas general unemployed public and revive not just this constant "Economy, economy, spending, spending, ohh I am brake again bullcrap" but also the spirit of this Greater/larger Amreican people east to west and reunite that American constructive, battling emotions and only this man Obama can do/deliver that for Amreica/. Bhais everything takes time, the Bush administration left a destroyed mountain of trash for this administration to clean up, cleaning up is still going full force...and we haven't even touched the toxic landfills, the deserts (spell/morubhumi) or the coastline and rivers yet!!!
Old January 8, 2012, 07:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I didn't care about this until I realized, this would be my first chance to vote! I better start caring. Missed the last one by few weeks!
Old January 8, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Can care less abt the stupid election.

All I know is one of the Huntsman daughter is smokingly republican hot.

"Secret weapon"??? pssssyeaaahhhrrrright..... INDEED!!!

I really need to start paying attention!

Dibs on Abby
Old January 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
Banned

Ron Paul 2012 Inshallah!! Only one man can resseruct America and that is Ron Paul.
Old January 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

Seems like whole mainstream media is against Ron Paul.

Old January 13, 2012, 07:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Lets discuss who we should vote for.
I say Ron Paul for president eventhough he is a republican. Done with Obama.
Yeah because you want the most powerful man in the world to be insane. If it has to be a republican, Romney is palatable.

He won't mess about too much with the social issues, he'll obviously cut taxes(but what republican wouldn't these days...) and will appoint conservative judges, but the rest of the stuff, he'll stay the course.

Nothing too dramatic.
Old January 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Rashed,

You still have to answer the questions that Zunaid posed: why do you think Ron Paul is better than Obama?

Present policy rationales, please; not rhetoric from campaign speeches or youtube videos.
Old January 13, 2012, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Rashed,

You still have to answer the questions that Zunaid posed: why do you think Ron Paul is better than Obama?

Present policy rationales, please; not rhetoric from campaign speeches or youtube videos.
If you watch the videos you will know why Ron Paul is better than Obama. And what has Obama done in his 4 year term for us to relect him? Exactly he didnt do ****, and dont worry Obama wont win again so there is no point discussing whos better than who.
Old January 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
If you watch the videos you will know why Ron Paul is better than Obama. And what has Obama done in his 4 year term for us to relect him? Exactly he didnt do ****, and dont worry Obama wont win again so there is no point discussing whos better than who.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

the republican's have as difficult a task picking their candidate as our selectors picking no. 3 batsman
Old January 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
Banned

Sh1t day for Newt. First his ex wife gives an interview saying he wanted an open marriage, then Rick Perry drops out and endorses him.

Old January 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Sh1t day for Newt. First his ex wife gives an interview saying he wanted an open marriage, then Rick Perry drops out and endorses him.

Good one.

Rick Perry was a made-for-TV comedy. The grizzled and handsome Texan waited in the hills and then rode down into the fray on his steed. Yes, the savior for the oppressed by Obama, a true Texan, the master-brewer for the Tea Party, the man who put neo into neo conservatism, the deliverer who came to take what is rightfully his from a slate of caricature candidates.

* cue heavenly music *

Then he opens his mouth.

* cue stuck record player music *
Old January 21, 2012, 01:23 AM
Banned

^

So the republican base really is struggling to fall in love with MRom(sounds like Enron) - the Obama people should use this in the general elections...it'll bring back all sorts of negative connotations, and remind people of failures.

But getting back to my point, Iowa has now reversed the results, and given the state to Santorum(delegates will be shared proportionally), and his lead in South Carolina is dwindling very quickly. While I didn't think MRom would get 50% at the primary there, ppl in the south - Yikes!, I certainly didn't he'd be bleeding support in this manner.
Old January 22, 2012, 12:36 AM
Banned

Well...that dwindling lead became a 12 point deficit.

Gingrich wins South Carolina with 40% of the vote, while Romney receives only 28%. Gingrich needs Santorum to quit...that would make life hell for MRom.
Old January 22, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

In this context, Juan Cole raises a rather interesting point about how US media reports American election/primary results as opposed to results in other countries (e.g. Egypt). Cole's essay, South Carolina & Gingrich, Egypt & the Muslim Brotherhood provides yet another interesting insight into how American perspectives of exceptionalism are constructed and reinforced. It's brief, and well worth a quick read.
Old January 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Gingrich tried to blame CNN and the [liberal] media for making up the claim that his wife said he wanted an open marriage. Its possibly true, but then again, Gingrich isn't exactly the poster boy for monogamy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 22, 2012, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

alF,

Unfortunately, there is this obsession both among the public and the media for glimpses into the candidates' private lives. Personally, I feel (and yes, I know, most of the populace doesn't agree with me) that a candidate should be judged on the merits of his/her policies and his record in either the legislature or governance, not on his/her boudoir peccadilloes. Several notable US presidents would never have been elected if they had been subjected to similar scrutiny.

Note that I am just making an observation. This should by no means be construed as an endorsement for Gingrich.
Old January 22, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
alF,

Unfortunately, there is this obsession both among the public and the media for glimpses into the candidates' private lives. Personally, I feel (and yes, I know, most of the populace doesn't agree with me) that a candidate should be judged on the merits of his/her policies and his record in either the legislature or governance, not on his/her boudoir peccadilloes. Several notable US presidents would never have been elected if they had been subjected to similar scrutiny.

Note that I am just making an observation. This should by no means be construed as an endorsement for Gingrich.
agree wholeheartedly. Prime Example: Bill Clinton.