facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Zimbabwe's continuing rise

Performed very credibly with their main XI against the veritable Indian and Sri Lankan A teams back in 2010. Then did quite well to win the T20 triangular with us and a veritable South Africa A side.

Now they have made the final, trouncing Sri Lanka A and fighting tooth and nail with South Africa A, with their own A side.

Zimbabwe certainly has a lot of promise! The team we used to crush 4-1 like we owned them, are pushovers no more!

#OneTeam1Dream

Old July 21, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Indeed. I am really pleased with their progress. In tests, they seem to be a much better side than us.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 21, 2012, 04:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

they use to be a solid side in tests, would be good to have them back to where they were.
Old July 21, 2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
In tests, they seem to be a much better side than us.
How can you say that?

Lets play a full Test series and see how they do? We are a much better side IMHO.
Old July 21, 2012, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We'll thrash them 3-0 at home anytime in a test series. An away test series with them will be competitive though.
Old July 21, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

They are quite a spirited bunch no doubt. They value hard work which is probably one of the reasons why they are on the up and up. They should continue to play cricket, would love to see new young players matching the class and skill-sets of the likes of Andy flower, Neil fairbrother, They had a really good world class pacer, I forgot his name. I am awaiting the day when Zimbabwe will dominate world cricket. with proper planning and improvisation, If they keep playing like this they are destined for great things. I have been very impressed with Hamilton Masakadza.
Old July 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
They are quite a spirited bunch no doubt. They value hard work which is probably one of the reasons why they are on the up and up. They should continue to play cricket, would love to see new young players matching the class and skill-sets of the likes of Andy flower, Neil fairbrother, They had a really good world class pacer, I forgot his name. I am awaiting the day when Zimbabwe will dominate world cricket. with proper planning and improvisation, If they keep playing like this they are destined for great things. I have been very impressed with Hamilton Masakadza.
নীল ফর্সা ভাই was an English cricketer brother. And I think the world class pacer you are talking about was Heath Streak.
Old August 29, 2012, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Every time Zimbabwe makes some progress, they have some problems. First it was the exodus of white players who refused to play. Now guys like Taibu decide to quit at a prime age. There are too many changes, and problems which prevent them from developing.

They have a good coaching team-Butcher, Streak, Grant Flower. With some consistency they can definitely compete with us.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Every time Zimbabwe makes some progress, they have some problems. First it was the exodus of white players who refused to play. Now guys like Taibu decide to quit at a prime age. There are too many changes, and problems which prevent them from developing.

They have a good coaching team-Butcher, Streak, Grant Flower. With some consistency they can definitely compete with us.
yes they have some good coaching staff don't they. unfortunate for them they keep getting hits, plus guys like sean ervine haven't comeback, i mean ervine has no chance playing for england so why doesn't he comeback to zim? it would be great for himself and also great for zimbabwe.
Old August 29, 2012, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Its sad, not just Ervine-Blignaut, Goodwin, Neil Johnson, Grant Flower, Andy Flower, Carlisle, Vermeulen, Travis Friend etc. All of them left at some point, some returned, some didnt. With better administration they could have gone long way ahead.

But they have a knack of developing good players. Brendan Taylor for example could have become something special. But lack of exposure has stunted his growth. Kyle Jarvis is another real talent who hasnt progressed. Bryan Vitori is another talented bowler. I bet we could have benefited from such quicks.
Old August 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
Cricket Guru

In the 90s they were a solid team, streak averaged something like 24 with the ball in the 90s.
Old August 30, 2012, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

They seem to be doing the basics right. Majority chip in instead of individual brilliances. Amazing team spirit they have.
Old August 30, 2012, 05:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Well, we couldve easily have a short series with them before and after the WI tour.
Old August 30, 2012, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

If we play them in Zimbabwe, we are likely to lose but with a fight. At home we should beat them comfortably. Our spinners usually get no assistance there.
Old September 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Looks like our rivals are a in a mess. Dismal showing yesterday. They defeated themselves. It just doesnt look right. They are not themselves.
Old September 19, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Looks like our rivals are a in a mess. Dismal showing yesterday. They defeated themselves. It just doesnt look right. They are not themselves.
Don't worry we will still manage to lose against them
Old September 20, 2012, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Thread title needs edit. Zimbabwe's continue ups and downs is better.
Old September 20, 2012, 08:56 PM
Cricket Guru

saw a fair bit of the zim innings against SA, shocking really, only batsman in the top/middle order that looked comfortable at that level was craig ervine. the rest looked out of their depth, even taylor. perhaps it was due to the t20 format, trying to hard to hit their shots and get boundaries but the amount of misses and miss hits just didn't look good. on their day they can be a really solid team.
Old September 20, 2012, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Don't worry we will still manage to lose against them
Why be so negative? Maybe, it will be vice versa
Old September 20, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Horrible tournament. Lets just hope our boys don't freak out like that...
Old September 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
saw a fair bit of the zim innings against SA, shocking really, only batsman in the top/middle order that looked comfortable at that level was craig ervine. the rest looked out of their depth, even taylor. perhaps it was due to the t20 format, trying to hard to hit their shots and get boundaries but the amount of misses and miss hits just didn't look good. on their day they can be a really solid team.
They are not playing as a unit and dont seem to be interested in winning. Usually Zimbabwe is a team which likes to put a good fight. No indications here. Knowing their board could be time for change in captaincy, coaching staff.
Old September 20, 2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Shambolic tournament...no fight whatsoever. But I won't berate them too much, not when Bangladesh is yet to play a match.

But we do have to keep in mind, t20 can be pretty unforgiving...and when you hit a bad patch, it gives you no time to recover.
Old December 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I wonder if Zimbabwe pitches are the same as South Africa fast and bouncy with good carry.