facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 3, 2009, 05:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

41:03 - A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail;- a Qur'an in Arabic, for people who understand;-

41-04 - Giving good news and admonition: yet most of them turn away, and so they hear not.

Lets have 100 % faith (Iman) on Allah and prove it by accepting words of His book. He needs no partner.

Old September 3, 2009, 06:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Excellent voice. Thank you dear Rifat.

For those who listens to the Youtube clip, Please make sure you make a Prostration (shejdah) because of the verse 19:58.
The shejdah is not necessary. As listening to Quran on tape, TV is not considered to be the "listening" of the live Tilawaah. Its rulling is same to that of an echo.
Old September 3, 2009, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Lets try to stay away from translations that tries to put words into God's mouth. This verse is addressing to all believers; you/me/everyone who believes. It is not necessarily only referring to Muhammad.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in adding (O Muhammad) in that "translation" and does not amount to "putting words into God's mouth"! The Quran was revealed to the Prophet first and foremost and then to the rest of creations...one of the basic points taught in 'Ilm Al-Quran. Also, there cannot be any literal translation of the Quran because of its linguistic and unwordly nature. The recital in Arabic is the only Quran. Therefore, addition of extra information i.e. O Muhammad etc works as exegesis for a better understanding of the verse. Hence, we have a science of Tafseer.

Personally, I prefer the "translation" of Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Considered one of the best by most scholars. And Im sure most descerning English speaking people will appreciate his effort and style. The other one should be mentioned is A J Arberry.

The worst "translation" or should I say the distortion is by the zionist NJ Dawoods Penguin Classic version. Which is being sold in all major mainstream bookstores. It is our individual responsibility to ask the bookstores managers to remove it from their shelves!
Old September 5, 2009, 07:27 AM
Cricket Sage

43.43 - So hold thou fast to the Revelation sent down to thee; verily thou art on a Straight Path.

Lets follow the straight path.
Old September 5, 2009, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُونُواْ قَوَّامِينَ بِالْقِسْطِ شُهَدَاء لِلّهِ وَلَوْ عَلَى أَنفُسِكُمْ أَوِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وَالأَقْرَبِينَ إِن يَكُنْ غَنِيًّا أَوْ فَقَيرًا فَاللّهُ أَوْلَى بِهِمَا فَلاَ
تَتَّبِعُواْ الْهَوَى أَن تَعْدِلُواْ وَإِن تَلْوُواْ أَوْ تُعْرِضُواْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا

O YOU who have attained to faith! Be ever steadfast in upholding equity, bearing witness to the truth for the sake of God, even though it be against your own selves or your parents and kinsfolk. Whether the person concerned be rich or poor, God's claim takes precedence over [the claims of] either of them. Do not, then, follow your own desires, lest you swerve from justice: for if you distort [the truth], behold, God is indeed aware of all that you do!

Surah Nisa (4), Verse 135

muslims must stand up for justice, even if it goes against oneself, or own's own family. if only the western media disseminated such information...

Quote:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُونُواْ قَوَّامِينَ لِلّهِ شُهَدَاء بِالْقِسْطِ وَلاَ يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَى أَلاَّ تَعْدِلُواْ اعْدِلُواْ هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَى وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ إِنَّ اللّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ

O YOU who have attained to faith! Be ever steadfast in your devotion to God, bearing witness to the truth in all equity; and never let hatred of any-one lead you into the sin of deviating from justice. Be just: this is closest to being God-conscious. And remain conscious of God: verily, God is aware of all that you do.

Surah Ma'ida (5), Verse 8
bigotry, terrorism, anti-semitism, have no basis in islam...if only muslims and the western media understood this!!!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 5, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Hey, bros; Salam. Didn't want to open a new thread, so asking here! I am looking for a dependable English translation of Qur'an, any suggestions? I know it might not be as smooth as the Arabic one, but I am gonna learn Arabic soon (though I kno how to read and write, but not understand; typical Sub-continent stuff ) but that's gonna take a while, so before that I wanna go through the English one for once this Ramadan. Kew ektu help koille boroi pulokito hoitam bhaijanera
I have a software that have the whole Quran with English translation.

If you want me to send it to you, you can pm me your email ID.

I also have a software that has informations about most of the known Prophets. Also have two Hadith's softwares.

I think some of you already have it. I've got them from a website like 5/6 years before.
Old April 2, 2011, 05:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i found a very very interesting verse in the Qur'an the other day: it is really deep and profound i had to share

Quote:

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ضُرِبَ مَثَلٌ۬ فَٱسۡتَمِعُواْ لَهُ ۥۤ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ تَدۡعُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ لَن يَخۡلُقُواْ ذُبَابً۬ا وَلَوِ ٱجۡتَمَعُواْ لَهُ ۥ‌ۖ وَإِن يَسۡلُبۡہُمُ ٱلذُّبَابُ شَيۡـًٔ۬ا لَّا يَسۡتَنقِذُوهُ مِنۡهُ‌ۚ ضَعُفَ ٱلطَّالِبُ وَٱلۡمَطۡلُوبُ (٧٣)

O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued.
Surah Hajj Ayah 73( chapter 22, verse 73)

Sahih International translation courtesy: quranexplorer.
Old April 6, 2011, 12:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Thank you for this wonderful thread Nasif. GOD bless you bro

Quote:
الذين ينفقون في السراء والضراء والكظمين الغيظ والعافين عن الناس والله يحب المحسنين

"The ones who spend in prosperity and adversity, and who repress anger, and who pardon the people; God loves the good doers." (3:134)
Self explanatory. The "spending" here also refers to unconditionally giving the best of one's behavior for the sake of GOD and in absolute deference to His omniscience and omnipotence. Humility and Taqwa go hand in hand as does the realization that GOD doesn't need us to do His bidding in anything, but we need Him to be our Lord. Responding rather than reacting to an adverse situation, or doing the right thing, is a good example of that. One must be diligent in his/her effort to battle sustained states of anger, indignation, euphoria, depression, greed, lust and brutality to have the clarity of heart and mind to do just that.

Quote:
والذين صبروا ابتغاء وجه ربهم وأقاموا الصلوة وأنفقوا مما رزقنهم سرا وعلانية ويدرءون بالحسنة السيئة أولئك لهم عقبى الدار

"And those who are patient seeking the face of their Lord; and they hold the contact prayer, and they spend from what We have bestowed upon them secretly and openly, and they counter evil with good; these will have an excellent abode." (13:22)
Some of the commentators take this to mean that "if they have committed a sin, they repel it [i.e., its effect] by repentance" (Ibn Kaysan, as quoted by Zamakhshari), while others think that the "repelling" connotes the doing of a good deed in atonement of a - presumably unintentional bad deed (Razi), or that it refers to endeavours to set evil situations to rights by word or deed (an alternative interpretation mentioned by Zamakhshari). But the great majority of the classical commentators hold that the meaning is "they repay evil with good"; thus Al-Hasan al- Basra (as quoted by Baghawi, Zamakhshari and Razi): "When they are deprived [of anything], they give; and when they are wronged, they forgive." Tabari's explanation is very similar: "They repel the evil done to them by doing good to those who did it"; and "they do not repay evil with evil, but repel it by [doing] good". See also 41:34-36.

Quote:
ولا تستوي الحسنة ولا السيئة ادفع بالتي هي أحسن فإذا الذي بينك وبينه عدوة كأنه ولي حميم

"Not equal are the good and the bad response. You shall resort to the one which is better. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend." (41:34)
See notes on 13:22. In the present instance, the injunction to "repel [evil] with something that is better" relates to scurrilous objections to, and hostile criticism of, the Qur'an. The whole of this passage (verses 33 ff.) connects with verse 26.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 7, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
[Noor 24:35] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth; the example of His light is like a niche in which is a lamp; the lamp is in a glass; the glass is as if it were a star shining like a pearl, kindled by the blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west – it is close that the oil itself get ablaze although the fire does not touch it; light upon light; Allah guides towards His light whomever He wills; and Allah illustrates examples for mankind; and Allah knows everything.
http://www.google.com/search?q=L+NOU...da3294d387d6a6

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 14, 2011, 05:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Old June 17, 2012, 03:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.
Surah al-furqaan ayah 72, Chapter 25, Verse 72
http://quran.com/25
Old June 17, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

^ And what do we tend to do? We tend to ''তোর এত্ত বড় সাহস তুই ঔ কথা কইছস? আইজ তোর একদিন কি আমার একদিন?''

Old June 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

"O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say." [HQ - 2:43]
Old June 26, 2012, 11:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Old June 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxaZHPZJxg

"Verily Allah is with those who are patient"

And Surah Maryam - always makes me cry
Old June 27, 2012, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah ] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah , and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers.
Surah Ma'idah, ayah 44, Chapter 5, verse 44
Old July 21, 2012, 04:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -
In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful
surah Hadid ayah 22-23, Chapter 57, verses 22-23
Old July 21, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Sahih International
No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -
In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful.

Sahih International
Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah ] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah , and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers.
Thanks for the reminders
Old July 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Thanks for the reminders
No problem, Banfan. Here are a few of my favorites:

Quote:
Sahih International
Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion. And those who take protectors besides Him [say], "We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position." Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ. Indeed, Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever.
surah Az-Zumar, ayah 3. Chapter 39, verse 3

Quote:
Sahih International
And when adversity touches man, he calls upon his Lord, turning to Him [alone]; then when He bestows on him a favor from Himself, he forgets Him whom he called upon before, and he attributes to Allah equals to mislead [people] from His way. Say, "Enjoy your disbelief for a little; indeed, you are of the companions of the Fire."
surah Az-Zumar, ayah 8. Chapter 39, verse 8
Old July 29, 2012, 07:32 AM
Cricket Sage

a God-fearing father giving advice to his son in Qur'an:

Quote:
Sahih International
And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful.
Chapter 31, verse 18, Surah Luqmaan, ayah 18

Quote:
Sahih International
And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."
Chapter 31, verse 19, Surah Luqmaan, ayah 19

http://quran.com/31
Old August 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.' "
http://quran.com/14

Surah Ibraheem, ayah 7, Chapter 14, verse 7

Last edited by Rifat; August 30, 2012 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: forgot to add verse number
Old August 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
The ones who prefer the worldly life over the Hereafter and avert [people] from the way of Allah , seeking to make it (seem) deviant. Those are in extreme error.
Surah Ibraheem, ayah 3, Chapter 14, verse 3
Old September 22, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
Allah - there is no deity except Him. He will surely assemble you for [account on] the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt. And who is more truthful than Allah in statement.
Old December 11, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what they do.
Al-quran, Chapter 24, verse 30
Old December 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sahih International
And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.
Al-Quran, Chapter 24, verse 31