facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 20, 2012, 02:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
CI: More bouncers await stunned Bangladesh
Neither of Junaid Siddique or Shahriar Nafees have played genuine fast bowling regularly in the domestic circuit and that is why their struggles have come as soon as they faced the type again at the international stage
More here. Report by Isam.
That's a problem we have to address otherwise our struggle in International Cricket will continue. Domestic circuit is of course to be blamed because our batsman hardly face this kind of bowling also we need to alter some of our Cricket pitches because if these batsman cannot play the short ball well on slow pitches then can you imagine how difficult it would be for them to face proper fast bowlers on fast bouncy pitches?

Old November 20, 2012, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

ajke kobor ase re...Tino beast and Ravi will cause havoc with bouncers and beamers....will they include another quick...I doubt this test we will do that good like what we did last time our inconsistence records tell it all....if ZS gets dropped i guess Anamul or Nazza will replace him, I am still not sure SN got lucky and will also be painful to watch...and not sure if Shahadat is working on to be eligible to play for BD women team.
Old November 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Who is Edwards replacing?

According to various newspapers Abul will make his debut and Nazim will open with Tamim. So no Anamul..
Old November 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

We need more fan like this. HAHAHAHA

Old November 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Dude please remove that video post on this thread it gives me the creeps.
Old November 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

It seems Anamul has to wait a more for his debut. According to some newspapers Nazimuddin is going to be opening partner of Tamim and Abul is going to be taken debut.
Old November 20, 2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
It seems Anamul has to wait a more for his debut. According to some newspapers Nazimuddin is going to be opening partner of Tamim and Abul is going to be taken debut.
Well, Abul can do worse than Shahadat, or can he?

He might does well in test, never know!

All the best to Abul and Co. ...
Old November 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cricket Sage

This Thanksgiving I want to be thankfull for a Test win. So I hope amader shonar chelera will make it happen!!
Old November 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

So no Sunny/Enam?
Old November 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Nazimuddin is very good in handling the bouncers , may be he is picked up for that reason.
Old November 20, 2012, 06:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I keep thinking what has Abul Hasan done to get a test call up? What does he have that other pacers in Bangladesh do not have?
Old November 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

^ He can bowl at 150 kph+
Old November 20, 2012, 06:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I doubt Abul will debut...if he does, he's going to be taken to the cleaners like no one has ever before. No swing, no seam, just a bit of pace, no bounce...on a flat track he'll be massacred so bad we'll be screaming for the Rajib. But I think the management will go with Rajib over Abul. I also doubt Anamul will debut. Think tank is conservative, they will drop JS and play Nazim and keep SN.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

"Nazimuddin may open the innings if the axe falls on Junaed, who even struggled against pace bowling in the nets here. The team management was in two minds about him as some were of the opinion that it would not be a good idea to drop a player after a poor match."
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=258276

Neither Junaid's the answer nor Nazim is. So why not give Anamul a shot here if our other top order batsmen are struggling against pace in the nets?
Old November 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cricket Sage

I still remember Nazimuddin against Pakistan last year, he negotiated pace really well then, what has happened now?
Old November 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
This Thanksgiving I want to be thankfull for a Test win. So I hope amader shonar chelera will make it happen!!
I get a a half day on wednesday and i get friday off Alhamdulillah! Thanksgiving rocks! I give thanks everyday....
Old November 20, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I still remember Nazimuddin against Pakistan last year, he negotiated pace really well then, what has happened now?
On a dead flat pitch in Chittagong. Also only 1 innings doesn't prove anything. He's gotten quite a few chances in international cricket and he got exposed pretty badly in the innings he's played.
Old November 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
On a dead flat pitch in Chittagong. Also only 1 innings doesn't prove anything. He's gotten quite a few chances in international cricket and he got exposed pretty badly in the innings he's played.
As much as many of us here devalue the NCL, on the contrary, it is clear that those who work hard and perform consistently have what it takes to make it count (at least when they are on good form) to the international level. The examples are plenty: Sunny, Gazi, Riyad(scored three centuries in a row in NCL and then scored a century in NZ), Naeem, Nazimuddin(last year he was on good form). This has been true for many cases.

Now Imagine the possibilities when we include sporting pitches and NCL further improves....
Old November 20, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the difficulty i have with nazimuddin is that he has one positive, which is he's performed consistently in the NCL for many years. but with that one positive comes many worries in that his technique is pretty horrible and even though they aren't test cricket his overall performance in the international arena suggests he doesn't have what it takes to be successful at the highest level, but then you look at his specific test record and he's been ok. also his NCL record has mainly been compiled in the middle order and he's been selected as an opener in tests/international cricket.

on one hand i'm thinking to myself there is no way he will survive in tests because of his technique and his t20I and ODI records. on the other hand i'm saying he's been one of the most consistent NCL performers for years and his FC record is clearly better than his record in the shorter formats.

Last edited by Gowza; November 20, 2012 at 07:52 PM..
Old November 20, 2012, 07:04 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nazza! simply needs to avoid succumbing to the brain fart illness that has ruined the careers of many of our players including SN and Junaid. All Nazza! needs to do is negotiate the new ball... leave as much as possible for the first half hour and score the odd single when the bowler bowls a bad ball. Tamim from the other end will take care of the boundaries.
Old November 20, 2012, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
As much as many of us here devalue the NCL, on the contrary, it is clear that those who work hard and perform consistently have what it takes to make it count (at least when they are on good form) to the international level. The examples are plenty: Sunny, Gazi, Riyad(scored three centuries in a row in NCL and then scored a century in NZ), Naeem, Nazimuddin(last year he was on good form). This has been true for many cases.

Now Imagine the possibilities when we include sporting pitches and NCL further improves....
I agree that NCL stats haven't been total flukes. Naeem and Gazi are recent examples of that.

Watching Nazim bat though, I just don't see him succeeding. I'd really love to be proven wrong though.

I agree with you on raising the quality of the pitches in the NCL in order to have a better competition.
Old November 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree that NCL stats haven't been total flukes. Naeem and Gazi are recent examples of that.

Watching Nazim bat though, I just don't see him succeeding. I'd really love to be proven wrong though.

I agree with you on raising the quality of the pitches in the NCL in order to have a better competition.
i think when it comes to NCL stats the batting stats seem to be more accurate than the bowling stats i.e. the successful and consistent batsmen in the NCL are starting to show to be the more successful ones in international cricket to (naeem, tamim, rahim in the last DPL, shakib, nasir). i think it's clear the batting standard in the NCL is improving, it's still got a way to go but it's starting to show that the batsmen as an overall are improving and we can start to trust NCL stats a little more.

bowling wise it's a lot more difficult. there are a lot of bowlers in the NCL with great stats, but not many of them make good international bowlers, especially the pacers.
Old November 20, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
2nd Test: Bangladesh vs Wes indies at Khulna (Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium)

November 21-25, 2012. (09:30 local | 03:30 GMT)

Live Coverage: Cricinfo | Cricbuzz |

BanglaCricket Coverage: Home | News | Bulletins | Schedule | Scorecards | Articles | Statistics ...

After the heartbreak in the first test, I have no expectation from this team. Clearly, Junaid and Shahriar has no business in being in the team. If the selectors use their brain and not their gut, they will kick out the deadweight named Shahadat from the team permanently. Nazmul is the ideal replacement for him, but we all know that he will not make it. If one player is responsible for the debacle, it is Junaid. If he does not drop those catches in the second inning, our target would have been less than 150. I was in favor of giving him another chance, but that was before these drops. He has to go.

Here is my team:
  1. Tamim Iqbal
  2. Naeem Islam
  3. Anamul Haque
  4. Shakib Al Hasan
  5. Mushfiqur Rahim
  6. Nasir Hossain
  7. Mahmudullah
  8. Sohag Gazi
  9. Elias Sunny
  10. Nazmul Hossain
  11. Rubel Hossain

nice selection. wish u were selectors. i wud take enam jr instead of sunny
Old November 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
^ He can bowl at 150 kph+
Bullsh!t
Old November 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Bullsh!t
He can definitely bowl 140 kph . I have seen him do it.