facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Pura tour e ja ektu match jitar shombhabona chilo, tao ekhon aar nai. 120 hobe to? 2 wicket pabo to?

Old November 25, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Loneliest picture of the series:
Old November 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Why are we satisfied with the players' past achievements? Why can't we ask for more? This is the problem with us. We are just satisfied with what a player has done and sit on it. Why can't we expect Shakib to stay not out and bat the majority of day 5 with a well set partner in Nasir? Why are we just satisfied with, "Oh he has bowled 50 overs and batted with an injury! How much more can you ask? He tried his best.."

I am certainly not questioning his commitment and integrity over the years but just for his horrendous decision making in the last over that no top player of a country would have taken for the sake of the TEAM
why dont you built an Ironman who can bowl 80 overs get all the wickets and then come for bat and score tons of runs? I think you dont understand the difference between human and machine..
Old November 25, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
why dont you built an Ironman who can bowl 80 overs get all the wickets and then come for bat and score tons of runs? I think you dont understand the difference between human and machine..
I wonder what would have happened to Shiv's batting had he bowled 40-50 overs.
Old November 26, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I would also like to see how some of the great allrounders would do playing with a bunch of Mofizes.
most probably they would do oil but thanks to the Mofizes they would still lose and their contributions would remain un noticed.
there is a reason why Sakib is underrated, playing for a team that doesnt win is the problem.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 26, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I would also like to see how some of the great allrounders would do playing with a bunch of Mofizes.
most probably they would do oil but thanks to the Mofizes they would still lose and their contributions would remain un noticed.
there is a reason why Sakib is underrated, playing for a team that doesnt win is the problem.
This. Playing for BD is clearly a thankless job, and still somehow the guy just keeps performing. If that's not commitment I dunno what is.
Old November 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

It's about time someone else takes some load off his poor shoulders...
Old November 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am really glad we found Nasir as our iceman seems to have found a reliable partner in that young guy. While Nasir can learn a lot while being out there alongside the great man
Old November 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
It's about time someone else takes some load off his poor shoulders...
I think that's complaining a little to much......he is not doing any favor to anyone, if he is playing well, he is getting the return for that.

Gazi has done most of the bowling and taken most of the wickets. Second test also Gazi has done a lots of bowling and along with Rubel has done some hard work providing breakthrough. Shakib has taken some lower order wickets at later stages and I'm not undermining it, but that doesn't allow him to complain of loading him. Abul after hitting a century at number 10 and then opened bowling as well... So I didn't find Shakib taking any extra load...infact he was expected to do more as the best player of the team...but the fans have started baby sitting him...

Team as a whole didn't do well, because TI was a massive failure, SN, JS, Nazim, with bat...Had these guys been performing 50% of the times, we would have much better results...there were a few guys we did better than Shakib in this match... But this baby sitting on Shqkib is getting ugly now....he is here to perform...and take majority load as the best player of the team...I don't understand why so much crying?? Even after faltering on a few occasions to display his professionalism as a senior member and role model of the team.... Can you guys give these baby sittings a break??
Old November 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I think that's complaining a little to much......he is not doing any favor to anyone, if he is playing well, he is getting the return for that.

Gazi has done most of the bowling and taken most of the wickets. Second test also Gazi has done a lots of bowling and along with Rubel has done some hard work providing breakthrough. Shakib has taken some lower order wickets at later stages and I'm not undermining it, but that doesn't allow him to complain of loading him. Abul after hitting a century at number 10 and then opened bowling as well... So I didn't find Shakib taking any extra load...infact he was expected to do more as the best player of the team...but the fans have started baby sitting him...

Team as a whole didn't do well, because TI was a massive failure, SN, JS, Nazim, with bat...Had these guys been performing 50% of the times, we would have much better results...there were a few guys we did better than Shakib in this match... But this baby sitting on Shqkib is getting ugly now....he is here to perform...and take majority load as the best player of the team...I don't understand why so much crying?? Even after faltering on a few occasions to display his professionalism as a senior member and role model of the team.... Can you guys give these baby sittings a break??
You were , you are and you will be always "Shakib basher" !! Where is your favorite Ashraful ?
Old November 26, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
You were , you are and you will be always "Shakib basher" !! Where is your favorite Ashraful ?
You lover boy...try to talk on point rather than making such stupid opinions...on me...talk on my post if you like...
Old November 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:

Huh now who is babysitting him here???? He is doing his job alright and you can't expect someone to be the best in each and every match.. No one is baby sitting him... Why did our shonar team lose the T20 match against Pak despite his superb performance or in Asia cup against the same opposition twice? There have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many instances where he has contributed with both bat and ball and more still his superb team has let him down .. How long you can keep yourself motivated with some bunch of losers around.. When I'm the project manager I want all the best people in my team and I want everyone to work harder ... If my team is letting me down over and over again I'll give up at some point and leave my job for some other better opportunities.. Thank God Shakib doesn't have my mentality and he is still fighting... BTW he doesn't get paid extra for his extraordinary efforts in many matches so don't tell me he puts that extra effort just to get something in return.. Most of the time it's pretty much one man show and that certainly doesn't help for the team to win or the best player to perform at the same rate..

Seems like you take his service for granted and cry out loud when he is not playing.. Ask the other sissies to step up and help us win some matches.. It's pretty obvious if you don't like someone you won't like anything about him... You just don't have to say it over and over again.. We got it...

Last edited by oronnya; November 26, 2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old November 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

au contraire its Sakib who is babysitting the whole team

Old November 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
au contraire its Sakib who is babysitting the whole team

ha ha good catch
Old November 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

I think babysitting a team like ours does take a toll even on the iceman. Come on man whether you like it or not Shakib is the best player we ever produced and Ash can't even compare to Tamim let alone Shakib.
Old November 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

@ Oronnya @ Simon ?.... Fans are baby sitting Shakib.... And it's getting a little overdose now...

Shakib is baby sitting the team ?? Probably he should stop doing that and do his own job properly... If he could learn a lesson or two from the SA middle and lower order ... Then we aren't going to see that Shakib going for an extravagant six to achieve his milestone in the last over of the day, while he had a entire day of cricket left. Team needed him to stay there not score sixes at that time. I don't think he can baby sit a team I with that attitude. Fixing his own problem will do a world of good for the team.

True fans should learn to make positive criticism when he deserves...no baby sitting and defending dumb actions.....pleaseeeee..I'm getting overdosed of lame defense .....
Old November 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
@ Oronnya @ Simon ?.... Fans are baby sitting Shakib.... And it's getting a little overdose now...

Shakib is baby sitting the team ?? Probably he should stop doing that and do his own job properly... If he could learn a lesson or two from the SA middle and lower order ... Then we aren't going to see that Shakib going for an extravagant six to achieve his milestone in the last over of the day, while he had a entire day of cricket left. Team needed him to stay there not score sixes at that time. I don't think he can baby sit a team I with that attitude. Fixing his own problem will do a world of good for the team.
Nothing will do good to this team if the bigger holes are not fixed. We didn't lose because of Shakib's extravagant shot. We have much more bigger problem in our team than Shakib's performance. His performance will only help the team when the others will learn to step up. So don't expect Shakib to win you matches all by himself. Even if Shakib didn't go for that shot we would still manage to lose. Labh er labh hoito khali Shakib er 1ta extra century jog hoito..

BTW you might not have read my other comment where I gave the link where it clearly says he was not allowed to play the next day. So I think Shakib bearing his pain knew that he might not be able to play the next day so he went for it.

Last edited by oronnya; November 26, 2012 at 02:31 PM..
Old November 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

I know we need to have more consistent players to do well as a team, but that doesn't mean that Shakib will get a free ride for being stupid, being the best. Then how is he different than others? It's not that he has done those things once.... He is doing those stupidity repeatedly..

I'm not comparing him with other players of the team... If you have to compare with other dumb players who has been dumped already to justify him doing it, then how is he different and why he shouldn't receive the same criticism?? Then how does he deserve so much of respect like comparing him with Kallis and Sobers, if he is just a better donkey by your logic...

We expect him to be doing what other best players in the game do, whom we like to compare with him...but if you are happy that he is better than Ash and SN etc...then I'm sorry, he is just a better donkey...and no need to defend him...he gets enough in return by being a little better than other donkeys...
Old November 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I know we need to have more consistent players to do well as a team, but that doesn't mean that Shakib will get a free ride for being stupid, being the best. Then how is he different than others? It's not that he has done those things once.... He is doing those stupidity repeatedly..

I'm not comparing him with other players of the team... If you have to compare with other dumb players who has been dumped already to justify him doing it, then how is he different and why he shouldn't receive the same criticism?? Then how does he deserve so much of respect like comparing him with Kallis and Sobers, if he is just a better donkey by your logic...

We expect him to be doing what other best players in the game do, whom we like to compare with him...but if you are happy that he is better than Ash and SN etc...then I'm sorry, he is just a better donkey...and no need to defend him...he gets enough in return by being a little better than other donkeys...
Did he ever claim he is different? or Did he ask the fans to compare him with Kallis and Sobers. Even I was annoyed at such unnecessary comparison. He rather said he is not a world class player yet. Where does this comparison come from anyway? What's wrong in being a better donkey in a donkey full of team

Bring in some real tigers then may be you will see him to be a better tiger. Shotshonge shorgobash, oshotshonge shorbonash !!! Remember he was asking for more competition in the team and how that will bring the best out of everyone !!!

I've no problem with criticism. I think I was the one here who have been continuously criticizing his bowling since the Asia Cup but people were saying not to worry he will come back strongly and he did. But some fans certainly don't like him and don't even appreciate his good efforts ever. Seems like you just wait when he'll fail so that you can come back and point your finger at him. onekta "90 paiso to ki hoise 100 to r pao nai" or Shewag style "20 ta wicket to r nite pare nai" . That's where my problem is. Constructive criticism is always good and helps the player but overlooking all his good work and blaming him for every single loss and calling him selfish will certainly not help. I think people who can't appreciate has no right to criticize.
Old November 26, 2012, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Did he ever claim he is different? or Did he ask the fans to compare him with Kallis and Sobers. Even I was annoyed at such unnecessary comparison. He rather said he is not a world class player yet. Where does this comparison come from anyway? What's the problem in being a better donkey in a donkey full of team

Bring in some real tigers then may be you will see him to be a better tiger. Shotshonge shorgobash, oshotshonge shorbonash !!! Remember he was asking for more competition in the team and how that will bring the best out of everyone !!!

I've no problem with criticism. I think I was the one here who have been continuously criticizing his bowling since the Asia Cup but people were saying not to worry he will come back strongly and he did. But some fans certainly don't like him and don't even appreciate his good efforts ever. Seems like you just wait when he'll fail so that you can come back and point your finger at him. onekta "90 paiso to ki hoise 100 to r pao nai" or Shewag style "20 ta wicket to r nite pare nai" . That's where my problem is. Constructive criticism is always good and helps the player but overlooking all his good work and blaming him for every single loss and calling him selfish will certainly not help. I think people who can't appreciate has no right to criticize.
I told those fans...I'm not telling Shakib...I'm sure he will never tell, "why are you criticizing me, I'm better than Ash" but the fans do jump with this to counter his mistakes....when there is no other ground....you can see a few posts here as well...

I know, you are more balanced fan of Shakib than most... But there is a general trend amongst the most to justify his repeated mistakes ... .... He has displayed severe lack of test temperament in this series.... He bing our best, can't get away putting others in front doing same mistakes....

He needs to do things in right way, because our team and young cricketers looks upto him to learn and follow.... He can't be irresponsible... (We know the difference between making mistakes and being irresponsible). Making a hundred isn't always what the team needs.

Last edited by BANFAN; November 26, 2012 at 03:23 PM..
Old November 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Did he ever claim he is different? or Did he ask the fans to compare him with Kallis and Sobers. Even I was annoyed at such unnecessary comparison. He rather said he is not a world class player yet. Where does this comparison come from anyway? What's wrong in being a better donkey in a donkey full of team
This is why: (NOW)

and when he became no. 1 all rounder in test dispalcing Kallis and the whole nation was in an uproar (dec 2011):
Old November 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

According to KK, Shakib might miss the entire OD series. He could be out for 6-8 weeks

I know its KK but this got me worried.. I really hope and pray that he gets better.
Old November 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Test Cricketer

অতি পরিশ্রমেই সাকিবের চোট!

খুলনা থেকে প্রতিনিধি | তারিখ: ২৭-১১-২০১২

০ মন্তব্য
প্রিন্ট
ShareThis
Share on Facebook

prothom-alojobs news details small ad
« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»
হূদয়ে পরাজয়ের ক্ষত, কিন্তু মুখে সেটা আড়াল করে কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্স সতীর্থ সুনীল নারাইনের রোদচশম

হূদয়ে পরাজয়ের ক্ষত, কিন্তু মুখে সেটা আড়াল করে কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্স সতীর্থ সুনীল নারাইনের রোদচশমা নিয়ে খুনসুটি করছেন সাকিব আল হাসান। গত পরশু খুলনার শেখ আবু নাসের স্টেডিয়ামে

প্রথম আলো

বড়সড় একটা ক্রেস্ট। দেশের হয়ে ১০০ টেস্ট উইকেট নেওয়ায় ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের উপহার স্মারক। পুরস্কার বিতরণী মঞ্চ থেকে ড্রেসিংরুমে ফিরছিলেন সাকিব ওই ক্রেস্টটা মাথায় নিয়ে। এর আগেই ঘোষণা এসে গেছে চোটের কারণে প্রথম দুই ওয়ানডেতে নেই সাকিব। ক্রেস্ট মাথায় করে ফেরার দৃশ্যটা যেন দারুণ প্রতীকী হয়ে উঠল। দেশের বোঝা মাথায় নিয়েই তো চোটটা বাঁধিয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান!
সাকিবের ‘ওয়ার্কলোড’ নিয়ে ফিসফাস কিছুদিন ধরেই। সিরিজ শুরুর আগে সাকিবের চাপ কমানোর জন্য অন্যদের আরও বেশি দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার তাগিদ দিয়েছিলেন অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম। কিন্তু সর্বনাশ এর মধ্যেই হয়ে গেছে। একটি সূত্র নিশ্চিত করেছে, দীর্ঘদিন ধরে অতি পরিশ্রমের কারণেই সাকিবের এই চোট। প্রাথমিকভাবে প্রথম দুই ওয়ানডের বাইরে রাখা হলেও আসলে এই সিরিজে সাকিবের খেলার সম্ভাবনা খুবই কম। সাকিবের পরিবর্ত হিসেবে প্রতিশ্রুতিশীল বাঁহাতি ব্যাটসম্যান মমিনুল হকের দলে আসাটা অনেকটাই নিশ্চিত। আনুষ্ঠানিক ঘোষণা আসতে পারে আজ।
খুলনা টেস্টের চতুর্থ দিন শেষে হঠাৎ জানা যায়, ডান পায়ের শিনবোনে চোট নিয়ে এমআরআই করাতে গিয়েছেন সাকিব। পরদিন সকালেই প্রথম দুই ওয়ানডে থেকে ছিটকে যাওয়ার ঘোষণা আসে। চোটটা নিয়ে একটু ধন্দ ছিল। কারণ মাঠে কোনো আঘাত পেতে দেখা যায়নি সাকিবকে। এখন জানা যাচ্ছে, এই চোট দীর্ঘদিনের অতি পরিশ্রমের অবধারিত কুফল। একটা তথ্যে আরও ভালো করে বোঝা যায় পরিশ্রমের মাত্রা। এ চোটটা সাধারণত হয় পেসারদের, কিন্তু স্পিনার হয়েও সাকিব এটার শিকার!
প্রাথমিকভাবে খুলনার চিকিৎসকেরা দেখেছেন, কিন্তু এখানকার চিকিৎসকেরা এ ধরনের চোট আগে কখনো দেখেনইনি। গতকাল তাই ঢাকা ফিরে গেছেন সাকিব। আপাতত থাকবেন বিশ্রামে। বিসিবির প্রধান চিকিৎসক দেবাশিস চৌধুরীর আবার খুলনায় চলে আসার কথা দলের সঙ্গে থাকতে। সাকিবের সঙ্গে তাঁর দেখা হতে হতে তাই ১ ডিসেম্বর। এরপর ঢাকায় বিশেষজ্ঞ চিকিৎসক দেখানোর পরই পরবর্তী সিদ্ধান্ত। এ ধরনের চোটের সর্বোচ্চ দাওয়াই সাধারণত দুই মাসের বিশ্রাম। তবে ক্ষেত্রবিশেষে অস্ত্রোপচারও করাতে হয়। সে ক্ষেত্রে আরও বেশি সময় লাগতে পারে। সাকিবের চোটের মাত্রার ওপর নির্ভর করছে আপাতত সবকিছু।
তিন ধরনের ক্রিকেটেই দলের ব্যাটিং ও বোলিংয়ের মূল ভরসা তিনি, ফিল্ডিংয়েও দলের অন্যতম সেরা। সোনার ডিম পাড়া হাঁসের ‘পেট কাটার’ প্রক্রিয়া চলেছে তাই আস্তে আস্তে। বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়কও আসলে অসহায়, সবে ধন এই নীলমণির ওপর ভরসা না করলে যে চলেই না! শুধু বোলিংয়ের একটা পরিসংখ্যান দেওয়া যেতে পারে, দেশের একসময়ের মূল স্পিনার মোহাম্মদ রফিক অবসর নেওয়ার পর (২০০৮ সালের মার্চ থেকে) তিন সংস্করণের ক্রিকেট মিলিয়ে বাংলাদেশের হয়ে ১০৫১.৩ ওভার বোলিং করেছেন সাকিব। অবিশ্বাস্য হলেও সত্যি, সবচেয়ে বেশি ওভার করা নিকটতম বোলারের চেয়ে যা ৫৮২.১ ওভার বেশি!
অতি ব্যবহারের খেসারত দিতে হচ্ছে সাকিবকে হারিয়ে। কত দিনের জন্য, এখন শুধু শঙ্কাভরে সেদিকে তাকিয়ে থাকা।
পাঠকের মন্তব্য
পাঠকদের নির্বাচিত মন্তব্য প্রতি সোমবার প্রথম আলোর সম্পাদকীয় পাতায় প্রকাশিত হচ্ছে।

সাইনইন

মন্তব্য প্রদানের জন্য সাইনইন করুন
Old November 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
অতি পরিশ্রমেই সাকিবের চোট!

খুলনা থেকে প্রতিনিধি | তারিখ: ২৭-১১-২০১২

০ মন্তব্য
প্রিন্ট
ShareThis
Share on Facebook

prothom-alojobs news details small ad
« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»
হূদয়ে পরাজয়ের ক্ষত, কিন্তু মুখে সেটা আড়াল করে কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্স সতীর্থ সুনীল নারাইনের রোদচশম

হূদয়ে পরাজয়ের ক্ষত, কিন্তু মুখে সেটা আড়াল করে কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্স সতীর্থ সুনীল নারাইনের রোদচশমা নিয়ে খুনসুটি করছেন সাকিব আল হাসান। গত পরশু খুলনার শেখ আবু নাসের স্টেডিয়ামে

প্রথম আলো

বড়সড় একটা ক্রেস্ট। দেশের হয়ে ১০০ টেস্ট উইকেট নেওয়ায় ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের উপহার স্মারক। পুরস্কার বিতরণী মঞ্চ থেকে ড্রেসিংরুমে ফিরছিলেন সাকিব ওই ক্রেস্টটা মাথায় নিয়ে। এর আগেই ঘোষণা এসে গেছে চোটের কারণে প্রথম দুই ওয়ানডেতে নেই সাকিব। ক্রেস্ট মাথায় করে ফেরার দৃশ্যটা যেন দারুণ প্রতীকী হয়ে উঠল। দেশের বোঝা মাথায় নিয়েই তো চোটটা বাঁধিয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান!
সাকিবের ‘ওয়ার্কলোড’ নিয়ে ফিসফাস কিছুদিন ধরেই। সিরিজ শুরুর আগে সাকিবের চাপ কমানোর জন্য অন্যদের আরও বেশি দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার তাগিদ দিয়েছিলেন অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম। কিন্তু সর্বনাশ এর মধ্যেই হয়ে গেছে। একটি সূত্র নিশ্চিত করেছে, দীর্ঘদিন ধরে অতি পরিশ্রমের কারণেই সাকিবের এই চোট। প্রাথমিকভাবে প্রথম দুই ওয়ানডের বাইরে রাখা হলেও আসলে এই সিরিজে সাকিবের খেলার সম্ভাবনা খুবই কম। সাকিবের পরিবর্ত হিসেবে প্রতিশ্রুতিশীল বাঁহাতি ব্যাটসম্যান মমিনুল হকের দলে আসাটা অনেকটাই নিশ্চিত। আনুষ্ঠানিক ঘোষণা আসতে পারে আজ।
খুলনা টেস্টের চতুর্থ দিন শেষে হঠাৎ জানা যায়, ডান পায়ের শিনবোনে চোট নিয়ে এমআরআই করাতে গিয়েছেন সাকিব। পরদিন সকালেই প্রথম দুই ওয়ানডে থেকে ছিটকে যাওয়ার ঘোষণা আসে। চোটটা নিয়ে একটু ধন্দ ছিল। কারণ মাঠে কোনো আঘাত পেতে দেখা যায়নি সাকিবকে। এখন জানা যাচ্ছে, এই চোট দীর্ঘদিনের অতি পরিশ্রমের অবধারিত কুফল। একটা তথ্যে আরও ভালো করে বোঝা যায় পরিশ্রমের মাত্রা। এ চোটটা সাধারণত হয় পেসারদের, কিন্তু স্পিনার হয়েও সাকিব এটার শিকার!
প্রাথমিকভাবে খুলনার চিকিৎসকেরা দেখেছেন, কিন্তু এখানকার চিকিৎসকেরা এ ধরনের চোট আগে কখনো দেখেনইনি। গতকাল তাই ঢাকা ফিরে গেছেন সাকিব। আপাতত থাকবেন বিশ্রামে। বিসিবির প্রধান চিকিৎসক দেবাশিস চৌধুরীর আবার খুলনায় চলে আসার কথা দলের সঙ্গে থাকতে। সাকিবের সঙ্গে তাঁর দেখা হতে হতে তাই ১ ডিসেম্বর। এরপর ঢাকায় বিশেষজ্ঞ চিকিৎসক দেখানোর পরই পরবর্তী সিদ্ধান্ত। এ ধরনের চোটের সর্বোচ্চ দাওয়াই সাধারণত দুই মাসের বিশ্রাম। তবে ক্ষেত্রবিশেষে অস্ত্রোপচারও করাতে হয়। সে ক্ষেত্রে আরও বেশি সময় লাগতে পারে। সাকিবের চোটের মাত্রার ওপর নির্ভর করছে আপাতত সবকিছু।
তিন ধরনের ক্রিকেটেই দলের ব্যাটিং ও বোলিংয়ের মূল ভরসা তিনি, ফিল্ডিংয়েও দলের অন্যতম সেরা। সোনার ডিম পাড়া হাঁসের ‘পেট কাটার’ প্রক্রিয়া চলেছে তাই আস্তে আস্তে। বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়কও আসলে অসহায়, সবে ধন এই নীলমণির ওপর ভরসা না করলে যে চলেই না! শুধু বোলিংয়ের একটা পরিসংখ্যান দেওয়া যেতে পারে, দেশের একসময়ের মূল স্পিনার মোহাম্মদ রফিক অবসর নেওয়ার পর (২০০৮ সালের মার্চ থেকে) তিন সংস্করণের ক্রিকেট মিলিয়ে বাংলাদেশের হয়ে ১০৫১.৩ ওভার বোলিং করেছেন সাকিব। অবিশ্বাস্য হলেও সত্যি, সবচেয়ে বেশি ওভার করা নিকটতম বোলারের চেয়ে যা ৫৮২.১ ওভার বেশি!
অতি ব্যবহারের খেসারত দিতে হচ্ছে সাকিবকে হারিয়ে। কত দিনের জন্য, এখন শুধু শঙ্কাভরে সেদিকে তাকিয়ে থাকা।
পাঠকের মন্তব্য
পাঠকদের নির্বাচিত মন্তব্য প্রতি সোমবার প্রথম আলোর সম্পাদকীয় পাতায় প্রকাশিত হচ্ছে।

সাইনইন

মন্তব্য প্রদানের জন্য সাইনইন করুন
And people questions about his commitment and dare to say he didn't take that much workload

Mane manusher expectation e obak hote hoi... oi beta tui to #1 ekhon shob bowling r batting tui eklai korbi noile tui onnoder theke better kisher

Consideration shobdota ashole Bangalider dictionarytei nai..
Old November 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
And people questions about his commitment and dare to say he didn't take that much workload

Mane manusher expectation e obak hote hoi... oi beta tui to #1 ekhon shob bowling r batting tui eklai korbi noile tui onnoder theke better kisher

Consideration shobdota ashole Bangalider dictionarytei nai..