facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 12, 2013, 04:08 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

CI reports Dave Richardson, the ICC CEO, has said the ICC has a limited role to play in the resumption of international cricket in Pakistan and it will be down to the PCB to convince other nations that it is safe to play cricket in the country.

Old January 12, 2013, 04:20 PM
Street Cricketer

seriously cant you guys take this kamal guy to court or something ?

EDIT: and please no more of this tour, like its not even a joke now..Its embarrassing for us and really frustrating the way your board keeps flip floppinh
Old January 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Atlast ICC VP Mr. Kamal clearing everything that he had never given any word to PCB about full commited tour in Pakistan. I guess BCB now dont have to follow any commitment issue binding with PCB anymore to tour there.
All these drama of flipflop just happening due to Zaka's threat and announcement not to give NOC to Pakistani for participating BPL.
It seems BD will never get out of her such minnow attitude, never will act like Man. Nothing will change here even BD been full member for such long period now! Why BCB just cant say F* off to Zaka & Co we cant send our team over a stateless warzone, occupied by full of terrorists.
Ban them to our any local leagues for their arrogance, lack of diplomatic knowledge & to put BPL in this jeopardy until PCB gain some sanity in them and seek apology for their unjustful blackmail act to BCB & our victim franchises.
IMHO They should delay the BPL schedule and if possible re-auction to fll up those vacant 50+ pakistani seats.
Old January 12, 2013, 06:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Atlast ICC VP Mr. Kamal clearing everything that he had never given any word to PCB about full commited tour in Pakistan. I guess BCB now dont have to follow any commitment issue binding with PCB anymore to tour there.
All these drama of flipflop just happening due to Zaka's threat and announcement not to give NOC to Pakistani for participating BPL.
It seems BD will never get out of her such minnow attitude, never will act like Man. Nothing will change here even BD been full member for such long period now! Why BCB just cant say F* off to Zaka & Co we cant send our team over a stateless warzone, occupied by full of terrorists.
Ban them to our any local leagues for their arrogance, lack of diplomatic knowledge & to put BPL in this jeopardy until PCB gain some sanity in them and seek apology for their unjustful blackmail act to BCB & our victim franchises.
IMHO They should delay the BPL schedule and if possible re-auction to fll up those vacant 50+ pakistani seats.

Its what you say from the horses mouth ?

This kamal guy not only has no work ethics but he doesn't mind lying even as a Vice-ICC president. Forget about us man look at what he's doing to your cricket's credibility.

Quote:

Regarding Kamal's comments about there being no commitment to tour Pakistan, Hassan reacted strongly, mentioning the exact dates of sending letters and the exact language. "I don't say anything without confirming and without knowing, so what he said was completely wrong. I have all the proof.

"On April 12 last year, a letter was sent from the BCB, [which mentioned that] we were going there to play, but that tour didn't happen due to a court ruling. The second letter was sent from here on October 8 where a timeline of December 12 to 20 was given for touring.

"Both these letters were sent during his [Kamal's] time. The directors told me they don't know anything about the letter. Our CEO made all the communications on behalf of the board. He told me that it was Kamal bhai who asked him to send the letters," he said.

Hassan showed the minutes of the April 15, 2012 ICC meeting to the media, the words on Bangladesh's tour highlighted in green. "We go back to April last year when we sent a letter on the 12th. On the April 15 ICC meeting, it was written in the minutes that Bangladesh will go to play in Pakistan, and they would have to go even if the ICC don't send match officials. We cannot cancel the tour, we have to go.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Kamal is a two faced lying scum. Period.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:57 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Mostafa Kamal's statements have zero value at this point. I blame him for the mess we created with Pakistan. A straight forward 'no' to a tour proposal from pakistan right at the begining would not have hurt our relations this badly. This whole yes...no...lets ask icc...lets send security team is absolute bs
Old January 12, 2013, 11:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Kamal doesn't give a crap anymore about any of this. He is playing 'catch me if you can' game right now. He already got what he wanted long time ago. Now he sitting on his new office in dubai and showing us his 'buri angul'.
Old January 13, 2013, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

We shouldn't have confidence on Kamal's word. It seems he can do anything for his own interests and tells falsehood. I have a doubt about the contribution which he will give as an ICC Vice president in thé world cricket.
Old January 13, 2013, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Oh BCB, you are amazing.
Old January 14, 2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

From Cricinfo. Not directly related, but thought it was funny:

Old January 14, 2013, 05:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ Is it me or the presenter seems to be Zaka and the player receiving it like Azmal?
Old January 14, 2013, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

That's the idea.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

So finally this tour is going to be cancelled permanently....since PCB isn't providing NOC to Pak players, this tour should naturally die... Unless BCB is shameless enough to call Pak players in next season and spineless enough to go ahead with this tour.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:23 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Our own Isam reports at CI: BPL braced for Pakistan withdrawal. This "tit for tat" game will not be good for either board, but this is going to end badly, it appears.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Our own Isam reports at CI: BPL braced for Pakistan withdrawal. This "tit for tat" game will not be good for either board, but this is going to end badly, it appears.
So B C B is showing some boldness? I hope B C B will not bow down to P C B.
Old January 15, 2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
So B C B is showing some boldness? I hope B C B will not bow down to P C B.
In any case, ultimately BCB would be the loser IMHO!

We all know Mr. Kamal bought the ICC VP post offering Pakistan a tour of Tigers' which PCB thinks would attract other cricket countries to play in Pakistan.

In late 2012, Mr. Hasan ensured PCB to tour Pakistan, again in December.

Also, it is known that PCP is trying to take advantage by not allowing Pak players to play in BPL2 yet.

My questions are:

> why on earth Mr. Kamal agreed to visit Pakistan at the first place knowing Pakistan is not safe to tour at the moment?

> why Mr. Nazmul Hasan re-assured PCB to visit Pakistan?? Couldn't he just ignore the issue being a new BCB head that it was rather a Kamal decision to tour Pakistan rather a BCB decision?
Old January 15, 2013, 03:25 PM
Club Cricketer

We are the loser. bpl can not survive without pakistani players. All this suffering is only for a 2 day tour.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Nobody wins here. PAK is one of the BCB allies, but now BCB will lose them for near future.
PCB will lose out for now, but I have a feeling they will somehow get ZIM/WI to tour them this year. Thats it, PCB dont need BCB after that. We had a chance we should have used it to our advantage somehow, say we could have said lets do this tour after ZIM tour rather than canceling it openly. BCB is no BCCI, they cant dictate PCB. PCB is way too clever and powerful for BCB.

As soon as Papon took over the chair he should have discussed the whole issue in private with PCB and sort things out, rather than telling things in public. When Kamal left we got a reset,
Papon should have used that advantage, rather he made things worse by cancelling the tour outright, then saying it was a postponement, and work it out when things were already lost and then starting to blame Kamal for the whole fiasco.

So far I dont see Paon as a very smart politician, neither a top class business acuman.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Get a Harvard Graduate in BCB as a CEO and run it like BCCI. In Cricket now a days you need to be both a shrewed politician as well as a sharp businessman as a CEO/Director.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

From this tour BCB gains by getting PCB on their side
PCB tries to bring international side.
Personally I was never supported this tour until it is safe to go.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ Both oronno and reyme, you guys are reading too much into this. Last time the tour was about to happen, then High Court intervened which had no influence from BCB. High Court valued the public opinion only.

Now, as Pakistan PM is about to get arrested I think cricket is the last thing in Pak people's mind.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Unfortunately, this has descended into a game of chicken. He who blinks first loses. Neither side can back down after all the posturing. Actually, Pakistan are posturing and we just screwed ourselves courtesy of The Lotus.

Anyway, forget the tour, forget Pak players in BPL and forget a cordial relationship with PCB. Let's focus on the other eight boards that actually matter.
Old January 15, 2013, 04:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Unfortunately, this has descended into a game of chicken. He who blinks first loses. Neither side can back down after all the posturing. Actually, Pakistan are posturing and we just screwed ourselves courtesy of The Lotus.

Anyway, forget the tour, forget Pak players in BPL and forget a cordial relationship with PCB. Let's focus on the other eight boards that actually matter.
But what if Tho Lotus seats on The Lotus and opens The Lotus flower chakra in his head?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 15, 2013, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
But what if Tho Lotus seats on The Lotus and opens The Lotus flower chakra in his head?
What on Earth are chatting about, my dear fellow?
Old January 15, 2013, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Apparently, Joka Ashraf has written back to BCB saying that NOCs will be issued to Paxitanian players only if BCB make a firm commitment to tour, i.e. BCB cannot make a tour contingent upon findings of another security team visit.