facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2013, 08:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Your sentiment and zeal is noble but, with all due respect, misplaced.

The fact is, there is only a small community of elite cricketers and they communicate with each other. If they get their money on time and get treated fairly, there is nothing to worry about! No amount of media will stop players coming to our league if the players are reassured by fellow cricketers who participated, as you rightly pointed out. Money talks! People who exaggerate or falsify stories will lose credibility over time.

So let's keep things simple. Let's keep the leaders/management honest. Report the truth. Reporting the truth will also let us look out for the interest of those who have no 'voice' (upcoming local cricketers who have too much to lose from speaking out). Honest criticism will keep the stakeholders on their toes and that can only be good for the future of this league.

The only quick and real antidote is to fix the problem. No criticism will have any genuine traction if there is no problem.

Talking about 'grey' areas is a slippery slope to mediocrity and that should be unacceptable to the well wishers of our cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Because, Zunaid bhai, it is not a simple matter of self-righteous pure black and white. There are many shades of grey in it. At the end of the day, this is our league and we are the ones who would have to defend it. Yes, there are issues that still needs to be resolved and we hope it does by the end of it, but a premature provocation was not called for.

If the players werent paid in full, guys like Hodge and Azhar Mahmood would not have come back to play the 2nd season. Despite the early hiccup of BPL 2, the tournament is going stronger by the day and the immediate impact is also visible in pages like CI where they started to give running commentary ball by ball under BPL banner and not Bangladesh domestic, something they haven't done even for BBL.

As long as Bangladesh name is tagged to it, I'll defend it to the outside world no matter what.
I'll beat up the cr@p out of my brother if I have to, but I won't let anyone touch him, no matter what.

At the end of the day, this is our own and we are the ones who have to defend.

Old February 3, 2013, 08:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Never thought a pious devout Rabz and "shades of grey" would be in same line in my wildest dreams.

jaggeh... eto jhogra kaija mara mari kore laab ki... amar ayu shesh... jawar age eishob jhogra jhati pita piti mara maari aar bhal lage na...

Both on point, like decimal is.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 4, 2013, 10:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Tim May talks too much and too early.

Its one thing to provide guidance i.e. advice not to go to BPL based on past payment issue, its another thing to start jumping every time someone sneezes.

Its well known that there are payment issues with BPL and suggesting players to not to go there is fine with me. But when players go there anyway (ignoring his advice), for each new incident, instead of let it develop, he seems to be a bit trigger happy.

It just make me think does he have other hidden agenda?
Old February 4, 2013, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Never thought a pious devout Rabz and "shades of grey" would be in same line in my wildest dreams.

jaggeh... eto jhogra kaija mara mari kore laab ki... amar ayu shesh... jawar age eishob jhogra jhati pita piti mara maari aar bhal lage na...

Both on point, like decimal is.
Ayu Kar shesh? Yours or BPL?
Old February 4, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
It just make me think does he have other hidden agenda?
They are trying to use BPL has a indication to tell all the players, see we knew what we were talking about, we weren't making this stuff up. The reason for that is because they don't want the players to go to Pakistan for pak T20 league, so they are trying to use this situation to their advantage to get their point across now.
Old February 5, 2013, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Seems like Chittagong Kings and Sylhet Royals are the only franchises not to have completed the payments
Old February 5, 2013, 12:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Franchisee should loose the ownership of those 2 teams
Old February 5, 2013, 01:04 PM

BCB should take strong and necessary actions against those franchises who are NOT complying with BPL rules.
Old February 6, 2013, 11:18 PM
Cricket Guru

BCB should have forced the franchises to pay guruantee money (or to take the ownership away) before the start of the tournament, instead of waiting for all this drama in the middle of it.
Old February 7, 2013, 08:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

There are lots of rumors floating in the air, all those aren't true. Shah and Mscarenhas both already proved to be wrong. Ctg has paid more than 35% as per bpl tweets and that's more than committed... So lets not jump into whoever says what, until we hear from BCB or Franchises... Some people are out on some agenda. The matches being played with a spirit, that gives me a rather healthier picture with the payment.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Update on BPL Payment:

https://twitter.com/bancricket/statu...80796436836352