facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 4, 2014, 08:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Naim tumi 519 keno? 520 na keno? Atelast we can break this mystry.

Old June 4, 2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Naim tumi 519 keno? 520 na keno? Atelast we can break this mystry.
Birth date = May 19?

Mystery solved?
Old June 4, 2014, 03:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Birth date = May 19?

Mystery solved?
yes haha nice work!
Old June 6, 2014, 07:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

The tag team catch in war of the roses!!
Old June 7, 2014, 06:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Trying to get some update on the team and coaching staffs. Reading through BC for last 5 min and all I saw was lame fats jokes after fat jokes after fat jokes. Just rude. If they were funny then that's one thing.H Oh and steak jokes. Rude. Not sure what's "haturi" tho...
Old June 7, 2014, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Trying to get some update on the team and coaching staffs. Reading through BC for last 5 min and all I saw was lame fats jokes after fat jokes after fat jokes. Just rude. If they were funny then that's one thing.H Oh and steak jokes. Rude. Not sure what's "haturi" tho...
And the irony is that probs half of BC might have a belly just like Streak's... oh and the double irony is that you found something to be rude
Old June 7, 2014, 10:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
And the irony is that probs half of BC might have a belly just like Streak's... oh and the double irony is that you found something to be rude
BP, half of BC doesn't play or run cricket matches. All they do is watch cricket from couch. They don't get paid to be with cricket. So, fitness is not a criterion there.
Old June 8, 2014, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
BP, half of BC doesn't play or run cricket matches. All they do is watch cricket from couch. They don't get paid to be with cricket. So, fitness is not a criterion there.
And the ultimate Irony is the fact that Heath Streak's job is just to coach the team, not to be playing cricket. So, fitness is not a criterion here so the question lies if BCites should really be criticising his belly... when in fact the criticisers ironically have a belly themselves.
Old June 8, 2014, 03:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
And the ultimate Irony is the fact that Heath Streak's job is just to coach the team, not to be playing cricket. So, fitness is not a criterion here so the question lies if BCites should really be criticising his belly... when in fact the criticisers ironically have a belly themselves.
It's still not the same. Anyway, I won't go as far as breaking it down this time. What I have noticed is that BCites are not really worried about coaches' fitness, they were just having fun. But they are worried about some players fitness levels which is fair in my view.
Old June 10, 2014, 01:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I don't think I can call myself a Tiger Fan any longer. I mean I used to be... before the Sri Lanka Series, Asia Cup and WC T20 happened, but not anymore. Off late i realized that the deeply rooted love for the team and it's players that I had are now gone and replaced by endless frustration and anger. I am angry at the state of our cricket. I am angry at the administrators and their false promises to change things at the grass root level. I am angry at how pathetic our cricket team is at all levels. We get knocked out to Afghanistan, our U23 loses to UAE, our A teams full of national players get thrashed by WI development squad and English C grade county teams. Finally our national team loses to Hongkong! For all the failures where is the introspection? where is the change in approach? When will the lame excuses (Orange Juice) after each loss end? Where is the learning curve from all the mistakes? Shafiul, Rubel did not get any better after all these years and matches. Gazi, Razzak, Tamim, Nasir's performance are dipping alarmingly, Shakib is still better but not quite the impact player he once was, Mashrafi is just too injured to convert his lion heart into performances, Ryad is just a fill in the gap in the batting order. Anamul and Mominul, I do have high hopes for as well as youngsters Taskin, Al Amin but again they are part of the same system that has failed us for the last 15 years. How will these guys improve playing the dudh vaat league where Reza is Wasim and Tushar Imran is Bradman. On top of all this we have an awful captain.

All these things overburden my mind whenever I think about sitting down and following the tigers. I have tried to quit this team before.. perhaps far to many times, but didn't succeed. So perhaps I will just call myself a Tiger follower rather than a Fan. I need some positive results, oxygen to start thinking like a fan again and until we win a series my feelings are unlikely to change. It is time to be emotionally invested in another sport. Hopefully football can fill the void for the next month or so.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:27 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Our new head coach haven't watched our cricket last 4 yrs. Coz of that, My expection from him is nothing. ..
Old June 10, 2014, 08:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Our new head coach haven't watched our cricket last 4 yrs. Coz of that, My expection from him is nothing. ..
Yes we shouldn't have any expectation against India series.

However Haturu Daa haven't seen us playing last four years is a good news for our national players, because if he had dseen them play, he wouldn't want most of them in the team. he would bring comepletely new set of players, and that would take him more than one years to develop.

So its a fresh start for most of the players, one more chance before some of them will be dumped. Except for Sakib, and Rahim as a batsman, nobody should feel secured about thier roles and slots.

Haturu daa haven;t seen what Tamim did 3 years ago, or Nasir had done one year ago, or How Riyad batted 1.5 years ago, etc. So nobody will be expecting free ride from Haturu Daa for their past parformance. They will need to perform under Haturu to stay in the team.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
But he can now sit down to watch our all recorded last four years match, its not a problem... but i'm afraid in process he might fancy pulling the last few pieces of his hair watching them..
Old June 10, 2014, 10:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Do you recon if he had watched our games recently, he would have taken this role ?

It's a blessing in disguise. Now, every player has equal chance to impress him and make it to the main XI since he hardly knows any players.
Old June 10, 2014, 10:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^Then God help us all. Reza the domestic superstar will then open batting and bowling for us.

Also, India tour is only few days away and there is no excitement here. Even Zim tour gets multiple thread and discussions. And so far only 1 sticky all in one thread for this tour. Ki holo dadara shobai eto chup keno? New HC, new bowling coach, start of new era ar apnara shob chup. Char Chokka hoi hoi!!!
Old June 10, 2014, 10:12 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Do you recon if he had watched our games recently, he would have taken this role ?

It's a blessing in disguise. Now, every player has equal chance to impress him and make it to the main XI since he hardly knows any players.
But I doubt it will be that smooth. Let's say Shabbir successfully impressed Haturu and make it to the playing XI and Mr. Riyad failed to do so and hence gets the chop. Hopefully then our cry baby captain will not resign saying coach doesn't converse with me when selecting XI.
Old June 10, 2014, 06:55 PM
Test Cricketer

FIFA 2014 will already start by the time bangladesh plays india. Sure feels good to support Germany.
Old June 10, 2014, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Since Bangladesh are so bad i too am looking forward to Fifa World Cup but i support Australia so i am going to be dissapointed regardless.
Old June 11, 2014, 08:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Hopefully then our cry baby captain will not resign saying coach doesn't converse with me when selecting XI.
I hope he cries again. If he resign, this time he will not get back his job (as captain) again. that will be the easiest way to solve the captaincy problem. Otherwise we are stuck with him for next few years.
Old June 11, 2014, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Who do we make captain..
Old June 11, 2014, 09:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Who do we make captain..
That is the question for BCB for answer. They should have the answer. if not, they are incompetent. If BCB cannot come up with any replacement, then this team shouldn't be playing at this level with these kind of incompetent executives.

Captains come and go in every test playing nations. the team replace with another established player most of the time, in other cases they take risk on young taleneted (but inexperienced) players.

BCB should have a plan "B", plan "C", etc for every scenario.... that includes captaincy, wicketkeeping, openers... etc.

As a fan what we know is: there is no future with Rahim as captain. he proved over time that he is incompetent captain, no sign of any kind of growth and maturity over time. On reveres he is developing bad behaviour as a leader. As a fan we have already witnessed that. So its time to go to BCB's Plan "B", whoever he is.... bring him on.
Old June 11, 2014, 10:07 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Match thread koi? Zeeeeee...
Old June 11, 2014, 09:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Match thread koi? Zeeeeee...
tumi ki notun bou?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 12, 2014, 07:26 PM
Test Cricketer

man that brazil vs croatia game! Kinda felt like Ban vs Nep during WT20 game when everyone wanted host nation to win but they kind of struggled in the beginning but eventually won.
Old June 13, 2014, 01:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/751973.html

Isam is annoying. What kind of photo is this of Tamim? He could have chosen from a hundred elegant pictures of Tamim playing cover drives or cuts yet he chose this one. Sometimes he makes me wonder whether he writes for India or Bangladesh