facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2006, 03:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Kenya & Srilanka A team would tour Bangladesh after February

Finally it has been decided that Kenya would be playing Bangladesh after our home series against Srilanka. and same about Srilanka A team. BCB will decide the schedule within a few weeks.

source : http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtm...ate=2006-01-17

I think it would be good for us if Kenya tours Bangladesh in March before the series against Australia. So that We will have some confidence when we face Aussies.

Old January 16, 2006, 06:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Originally posted by reza_15

I think it would be good for us if Kenya tours Bangladesh in March before the series against Australia. So that We will have some confidence when we face Aussies.
Absolutely
Old January 16, 2006, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

but i woulds have preferred them b4 SL...for the same reason
Old January 16, 2006, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

We gonna have super six of premier cricket before SL tours us. Thats why they decided to do it later.
Old January 17, 2006, 02:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
but i woulds have preferred them b4 SL...for the same reason
What if we loose against Srilanka. We gono loose all our confidence, right? Theats when Kenya will come, to lift our spirit. Thats why its a good idea to have kenya afterwards.
Old January 17, 2006, 12:31 PM
CricInfo Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by reza_15
Finally it has been decided that Kenya would be playing Bangladesh after our home series against Srilanka. and same about Srilanka A team. BCB will decide the schedule within a few weeks.

source : http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtm...ate=2006-01-17

I have the document from the BCB confirming that the tour would follow the Sri Lanka series. I today spoke to the Kenyan Cricket Association and a senior official, while delighted, said that they knew nothing about it and had had no communication from the BCB for a fortnight!
Old January 17, 2006, 12:33 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

LOL.

so, CI now has the job of a currier as well.
Old January 17, 2006, 12:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
LOL.
I am sure it is not like that. CI can't post anything without verification. I am sure Martin's phone was part of that verification process.
Old January 17, 2006, 01:01 PM
CricInfo Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by rudro
Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
LOL.
I am sure it is not like that. CI can't post anything without verification. I am sure Martin's phone was part of that verification process.
Exactly. I was verifying from all sides but thought that people here would like to know first, and also know the Kenyan position, hence the post.
Old January 17, 2006, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Martin, all this miscommunications may be happening because ICC is doing most of the talks behalf of KCA and taking their time to let KCA know all the details, or may be Tom Tikolo, or whoever running the show for KCA, is not convoying the message to your source promptly. I don't know what is really going on, but it may not be all our board's fault.
Old January 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
CricInfo Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Martin, all this miscommunications may be happening because ICC is doing most of the talks behalf of KCA and taking their time to let KCA know all the details, or may be Tom Tikolo, or whoever running the show for KCA, is not convoying the message to your source promptly. I don't know what is really going on, but it may not be all our board's fault.
I am sure that you understand why in some respects I am limited in what I can say. There are delays on the part of the Bangladesh board and communication with the KCA has been poor. But, and it is a massive but, full credit to the BCB who are the only Full Member who have actually agreed to play Kenya even though several others made assurances last June when the new Kenyan board spoke to the ICC annual meeting (Pakistan are also seemingly being helpful with fixtures but nothing concrete has come yet). So whatever the rights and wrongs of the process, the BCB should, if this comes off, be praised for their actions.
Old January 17, 2006, 01:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yes full credits for bangladesh cricket board to agree to play with Kenya. Its a good job. It takes a great courage and heart support developing countires. Only few countries does it. Most countries play against greater countries because it attracts lots of media and money
Old January 17, 2006, 01:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am really looking forward in globilizing cricket other than test playing nations and more cricket for the developing countries against test playing nations. Also, it would be wonderful for the 10 test playing nations if they would play just 5 to 8 days of cricket a year against the developing countries like Kenya, Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Holland, Bermuda, etc. probably 2 to 5 ODIs a year against developing countries
Old January 17, 2006, 02:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ajithlalm
Also, it would be wonderful for the 10 test playing nations if they would play just 5 to 8 days of cricket a year against the developing countries like Kenya, Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Holland, Bermuda, etc. probably 2 to 5 ODIs a year against developing countries
To start with, the best would be to ask for test nations to send their A teams to these countries to play 4-day matches and ODIs.