facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Ken harlam ?
Lack of Mashrafe 32 41.56%
Bad fielding - missed run-outs 19 24.68%
Bad bowling - expensive Pacers and wicketless SLA's 19 24.68%
Ashoka's decision of Dhoni 36 46.75%
Habla's field setting 48 62.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Habla baba ke keu guli kore marte pare na? jottoshob
That's over-reaction
That's not a fault of Bashar. He has showed what he does as a captain. Why the selectors select him as the captain?

Old May 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Toothless pace attack !!!
Old May 10, 2007, 11:43 AM
Club Cricketer

bc members er oneke ki shob lekhe mone howe idea onek kom ase,Ami aj pura match staduim e dekhlam,Bd played well enough,Bd er fielding India theke onek onek far far better.india have no fitness bt tigers ve.They just lost 4 1 run out chance by razzaq n bad decission by Ashoka(u full of sh...t)
Old May 10, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Hablu continues his poor form, suddenly releases pressure from the batsmen by offering too many singles immediately after the PP overs are finished. Not putting pressure on new batsman etc too too defensive. Does not really understand situations. Unnecessary use of Aftab in a 47 over game. His own body language in the field is very lousy.... etc altogether I think his days of captaincy has expired ......

Batting order should have been a bit more flexible, while JO is in the crease if tamim is out, it should not be Bashar, rathar Ash or aftab coming, who shall be scoring, if JO is out early then he could come to take his time at one end.

If razzaq is hit in one or two over, does not mean that you remove him and bring aftab, Razzaq has the ability to comeback strongly at any time. He could bring in Shahadat/Russel for 1/2 over to change the tempo of hitting. I can keep writing on Hablu's mistakes. His talking, walking, batting, fielding has turned unlike a captain now, he has retired in himself, but seems like the sellectors are dragging him on too much, coz somebody thinks, he is a brilliant captain.

Why doesn't people understand themselves that their time has come to leave his position??
Old May 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I can see almost everyone knows why we lost the match.

Now the question is does Dave speak with Habibul regarding this field setting? Does Dave know that it should be addressed and fixed as soon as possible? If Dave does it then why Bashar is not changing at all?

And again if Dave doesn't discuss it with him then I wonder what he does in the practice sessions and in the hotel room. Is not it a part of his job? These are techinical issues that should be corrected and this is one of the main part of coaches duty- to give some insights to his captain.

Hope we can overcome this Bashar factor and can win the remaining games solely depending on other talented players.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 10, 2007, 12:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

i think its bad umpiring and bad captaincy.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadat_04
Bashar's field setting toward the end was pretty BAD...I am starting to think that our older generation player's have the mentality that "keep it close and something will happen, if not we did good enough"...
We keep blaming Bashar but do you ever stop to think that why don't the bowler's ask for certain field setting? Senior player's can demand certain field positions, but they are defensive too.. Razzak should have had a tighter field... its hard to hit him out the circle...I think they don't understand that a win is a win, no-one will remember that we came inches within victory...Our captain should have an offensive mentality...I really believe that our team still believe they are minnows deep down inside..., its gotta change... I blame lot of the players..but Bashar needs to take more chances..he was doing well for the first 30 or so overs but then went back to the same routine of waiting for the batsmen to make a mistake rather than forcing one.. it was a shame how we lost the game... shara rat jaiga khela dekhlam, ekhon office e... mejaj ta khub e kharap hoia ase bhai..
same here..
Old May 10, 2007, 12:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

3 department ei to valo chilam. Oi shala HABLA r wrong fielding setting er jonno harlam.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hasan bhai,
Don't tell me Habibul Bashar in his career never faced aggressive fielding by the opponents. As a cricketer playing for that long should already know how to put pressure while fielding. A coach don't have to show field placing. However, the way last year went I am sure Dav had some settings discused with our Captain. Granted that is risky and the opposition may be able to hit between the gaps or over the fielder but that is a risk one has to take in special situations when opponents are building momentum.

Habibul Bashar don't seem to believe in aggressive fielding that is the bottom line. He don't think there is anything wrong in defensive fielding in certain situations. One can't attack all the time. Even some players last night wanted to field close and he repeatedly denied it. Then only the players gave up. Sad but true.

However, I am with Mahmood bhai. The blame is on the selectors. Their hope of Habibul Bashar coming back to form was based on nothing. Same thing will happen when the selectors and fans over here will chose their test 11.
Old May 10, 2007, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hasan bhai,
Don't tell me Habibul Bashar in his career never faced aggressive fielding by the opponents. As a cricketer playing for that long should already know how to put pressure while fielding. A coach don't have to show field placing. However, the way last year went I am sure Dav had some settings discused with our Captain. Granted that is risky and the opposition may be able to hit between the gaps or over the fielder but that is a risk one has to take in special situations when opponents are building momentum.

Habibul Bashar don't seem to believe in aggressive fielding that is the bottom line. He don't think there is anything wrong in defensive fielding in certain situations. One can't attack all the time. Even some players last night wanted to field close and he repeatedly denied it. Then only the players gave up. Sad but true.

However, I am with Mahmood bhai. The blame is on the selectors. Their hope of Habibul Bashar coming back to form was based on nothing. Same thing will happen when the selectors and fans over here will chose their test 11.
I understand what you are saying but my question is who is gonna solve this weired problem? Selectors are to be blamed and of course we should blame ourselves for following this pathetic captain.

I know He wil be gone very soon and only then I will be relieved.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 10, 2007, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I understand what you are saying but my question is who is gonna solve this weired problem? Selectors are to be blamed and of course we should blame ourselves for following this pathetic captain.

I know He wil be gone very soon and only then I will be relieved.
When you look at Jaywardena... when he was captain in the beginning, he was very defensive and always went with fixed plan. But, look at him now, he so aggressive in field settings. I think confidence in field settings come with experience. It seems hablu never learns... if you look at his captaincy he has always been defensive, even when the opposition is under pressure. He always waits for the batsmen to make mistakes, instead of taking risks and creating chances.
Old May 10, 2007, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Actually the bottom line is he is not mentally or physically tough, he doesn't use his brain, he is not confident at all.

Anyway I am not gona make too many comments on him. This is becoming useless.

Old May 10, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

first the heat, then the legitimately raised expectations, and finally watching our very own captain duckworth handing it to the opposition one single at a time... physically, emotionally and intellectually (what's left of it!) exhausting.

kudos to tamim and shakzie for keeping the faith... ash, aftab and rafique for doing whatever they could with the little time they had. making mongia look good ain't that tough when time is not on your side. the seamers, despite being belted around the park for a few, fought back well against the hostilities, and did alright given the limitations beyond their control at this particular stage in their development as international cricketers. the spinners, especially razz and shakzie, were stellar despite the bland wicket. the customary, complacent captaincy, other flubs and fumbles here and there, and the day's luck opened a door for our guests. kartik helped m.s. dhoni rise to the occasion and hobble right through that door and here we are: 1 zip india.

we missed mash, both with the ball and the bat, i'd say at least 10-20 more runs, hard to say with golla finally hogging the wicket with success. to his personal credit, golla played out of his skin and deserves not to be bitched at too much, but we do need to take a good look at the kind of nihilism that puts unfit, strokeless wonders like him, also incapable of rotating the strike, in a position that costs the team at least 20 to 30 valuable runs EVERYTIME... we don't have to look too far.

let's just hope that they learn from their mistakes ... this time around

Last edited by Sohel; May 10, 2007 at 04:41 PM..
Old May 10, 2007, 03:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
first the heat, then the legitimately raised expectations, and finally watching our very own captain duckworth handing it to the opposition one single at a time... physically, emotionally and intellectually (what's left of it!) exhausting.

kudos to tamim and shakzie for keeping the faith... ash, aftab and rafique for doing whatever they could with the little time they had. making mongia look good ain't that tough when time is not on your side. the seamers, despite being belted around the park for a few, fought back well against the hostilities, and did alright given the limitations beyond their control at this point in time. the spinners, especially razz and shakzie, were stellar despite the bland wicket. the customary, complacent captaincy, other flubs and fumbles here and there, and the day's luck opened a door for our guests. kartik helped m.s. dhoni rise to the occasion and hobble right through that door and here we are: 1 zip india.

we missed mash, both with the ball and the bat, i'd say at least 10-20 more runs, hard to say with golla finally hogging the wicket with success. to his personal credit, golla played out of his skin and deserves not to be bitched at too much, but we do need to take a good look at the kind of nihilism that puts unfit, strokeless wonders like him, also incapable of rotating the strike, in a position the cost the team 20 to 30 valuable runs... we don't have to look too far.

let's just hope that they learn from their mistakes ...
Ignores ...
Old May 11, 2007, 05:10 AM
Banned

To sum up

We lost becuase :

1 - Habla's field setting
2 - Ashoka's Decision
3 - Lack of Mashrafe
Old May 11, 2007, 05:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHRIAR NAFEES!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm,so habibul is the habla, for one dreaded, life threatening moment i thought it was reffering to nafees *wipes tear and sighs in relief*
Old May 11, 2007, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvlee_nik
hmmmm,so habibul is the habla, for one dreaded, life threatening moment i thought it was reffering to nafees *wipes tear and sighs in relief*
lol
Old May 11, 2007, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

All of the above except for the "expensive pacers and wicketless spinners" one. With shahadat in the team, we were bound to get hit a bit in the opening overs. Also, we cant just keep relying on our spinners. Not all wickets will suit them and nor will all batsman have trouble playing against them.