facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 17, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up BCB forms committee to probe past deals

DS link: http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=462

Quote:
The committee has been given an initial time frame of three months within which it would conduct the review and report to the board.

The period for the review would give the committee a chance to examine the most important TV deals that had been signed during separate tenures of the board.

The BCB is now the most affluent sport body in the country and there has been doubt over transparency in financial activities of the board. Like the other sectors, the Caretaker Government made the change in the board in a move to bring accountability and transparency.

It was learnt that this proposal was first voiced by a board member in the second meeting, where he demanded review for only the activities of the last board, but one of his colleagues raised questions about the duration.

There were also demands of scrutinising controversies over the MRF deal in 1988 and the sponsorship for the 1999 World Cup team.

"Yes, we have been given a parameter because we have to do the work within a timeframe. The most important thing is that you have to start work from a certain period of time. Otherwise it would be a never-ending job. What you must consider is whether this timeframe would allow us to review all the major issues or not," explained Abdul Momen while talking with the Daily Star over telephone.

"But after that we will definitely go back if needed," he added.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old August 17, 2007, 08:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I was checking the newly built committees of BCB. The subdivisions were like mushrooms and the journalists alleged that mostly chosen lots are not or not so close to anywhere of BD cricket. Now there is another committee to probe the corruption inside, this reminds me Feed Back's song "Gothito hoeche Uccho Podostho Todonto Committee..."
Old August 17, 2007, 09:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The churi kor kintu kaj-o kor type of moral relativity is self defeating to all not benefiting from the corruption at the expense of the greater cause that benefit those who truly deserve it. Tolerating transgression is in itself a transgression that has stagnated our positive growth.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 17, 2007, 09:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
The churi kor kintu kaj-o kor type of moral relativity is self defeating to all not benefiting from the corruption at the expense of the greater cause that benefit those who truly deserve it. Tolerating transgression is in itself a transgression that has stagnated our positive growth.
I am blown away , thanks for this realistic observation.
Old August 17, 2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Now there is another committee to probe the corruption inside, this reminds me Feed Back's song "Gothito hoeche Uccho Podostho Todonto Committee..."
Havent heard the song, but I find it extremely frustrating too je bangalira kichhu hoilei shorkarer upor uchcho podostho todonto committee korar dabi kore. Tarpor ei todonto committee jokhon ektu criticism paabe, tokhon dabi korbe arekta todonto committee gothon korar jonno, jeita ei prothom todonto committee'r kormokarjo todonto korbe. Je konoi khudro bishoy hok, bureaucracy taante bangali ostad.
Old August 18, 2007, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Good news. Waiting to see some oiled bamboo deployment.
Old August 18, 2007, 05:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Good news. Sponsor scam of 1999 world cup should have been included. I hope this will not be yet another futile "Uchcho podostho todonto committee". One World, I have heard the song of "Feed back".

BTW, I sincerely hope they will also do something for cricket, No news about coach selection, no sponsor yet for Twenty20, no party submitted tender for clothing sponsor, no decision about FC tournament yet. These are no good sign.

I hope there will be no need for another "Uchcho podostho todonto committee" to probe these.
Old August 18, 2007, 07:57 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abdur Razzak
Default BCB forms committee to investigate past financial deals

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), amid rumours of transparency in financial activities, has created a five-member committee to review all major monetary matters undertaken from January 2000 to July 29, 2007. The committee, headed by Abdul Momen, will evaluate all commercial commercial contracts, major purchases and tenders and expenses on development projects.

The decision was taken during the third executive meeting of the BCB's adhoc committee. The team has been given a preliminary three months to conduct its review and report back to the board. One of the main goals is to examine the major television deals signed under the various tenures of the BCB, the wealthiest sports body in the country. There have been complaints about financial indiscretions during previous BCB tenures, specifically a TV deal with the ESPNStart network.

Monowar Anis Khan, chair of the audit committee, will act as vice-chairman. The committee also consists of lawyer Ashraful Islam, banker Salim RF Hossain and RM Hasan.

"We have been given a parameter because we have to do the work within a time frame. The most important thing is that you have to start work from a certain period of time," Momen told the Daily Star. "Otherwise it would be a never-ending job. What you must consider is whether this timeframe would allow us to review all the major issues or not. But after that we will definitely go back if needed."

Momen, however, said that his committee would do their best to clear everything in this regard. "It's a huge responsibility for us and I can assure everybody that all will get fair treatment," he said. "We have yet to set our strategy but what's encouraging for my committee is that we can take further help to do the job properly."

Bangladesh were granted Test status in 2000 and played their first Test against India at home later that year.

Courtesy of Cricinfo

Link

Last edited by ammark; August 18, 2007 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: mod.action: thread merged. Please think twice before starting new thread; consider threads being discussed already first!
Old August 18, 2007, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Well every thing's falling in place now. I like this army. They're fixing a few things up....more than what our old committee could do.
Old August 18, 2007, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

um..we had a similar thread yesterday talking about the same thing which was opened by Sohel

BCB forms committee to probe past deals
Old August 18, 2007, 01:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abdur Razzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
um..we had a similar thread yesterday talking about the same thing which was opened by Sohel

BCB forms committee to probe past deals
lol its the same as this one brother.... perhaps u r misunderstanding....
Old August 19, 2007, 11:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

It's good news that new BCB committee is scrutinizing past deals but I have a feeling in trying to be all too vigilant, the new BCB is kinda ignoring more important issues realted to developement of our cricket.

The selection of a coach has already been postponed ( God knows for how long!!! ) and I haven't heard much so far about what is being done with this matter. Same goes with the refurbishing of domestic cricket - new committee has decided to look into the changes the old committee was planning to bring into which probably means more delay in restructuring out domestic cricket. Lastly, the attitude shown by new BCB towards Academy team's Australia tour hasn't impressed me much.

It's very easy to become popular to the local media by continuing to question the works of the past committee - which of course, had a lot of corrupt personnels - but I want to see the new BCB give priority to some constructive work for improving our cricket first, rather than all the damage control act.