facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 7, 2008, 06:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
arabs are no muslim. they are the abuser of Islam.
What rubbish, my man!!! There are good, bad and uglies in every race and colour!

The Prophet of Islam and his companions were arabs lest you forgot.

Old October 7, 2008, 07:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
What rubbish, my man!!! There are good, bad and uglies in every race and colour!
Perfect !! Generalization is quiet dangerous.
Old October 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
arabs are no muslim. they are the abuser of Islam.
Are you gonna say the same about our Prophet (PBUH) and his companions? Coz they were Arabs too.
Old October 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Prophet Mohammed and his sahabi's were different. Very bad taste of pulling them here in our conversation.
Beside, Prophet was there hundreds of years ago and how do you compare with today's world? Can you compare recent japanese with the japs during the world war 2? Japanese were regarded very cruel during that time.
And why do you think Almighty Allah sent him to arab land?
Go and stay in any of the ARab country and you will know. I was in Jeddah for 5 years and that is the worse time of my life beside performing my hajj, occasional umra . I have found very few arabs who i can be friend with.
Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar, bahrain are the most racist country in the middle east.
Old October 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Are you gonna say the same about our Prophet (PBUH) and his companions? Coz they were Arabs too.
Brother, do you know why allah sent pophet (PBUH) among the arabs?? becasue they were one of the most uncivilised groups of people at that time. To some extent they still are.

Allah sent the beloved Prophet for the entire mankind not just for Arabs. And as far as I know, Prophet himself said do not look up to the Arabs for leadership. Makes sense, does'nt it?? In my opinion, actions of some ignorants and racists have nothing to do with muslim brotherhood.

And finally, all arabs are not racist. I have come across some very nice Libiyan, Lebanese, Syrian and Yemeni Arabs. All of them admit some arabs are very racist and ignorant. The Yemeni friend claims even arab labours from poorer countries are discriminated against and called miskins in Saudi. Peace.
Old October 9, 2008, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Yemeni friend claims even arab labours from poorer countries are discriminated against and called miskins in Saudi. Peace.

As is well known here, poorer Arabs including Yemenis and Iraqis are much more racist against us than richer Arabs, at least in the Gulf, this line from an Observer piece echoes the same:

I have dinner with my friend Ali, a charming Iraqi engineer whom I have known for two decades. . We talk about stock markets, investment and the Middle East, and then the issue of race comes up.

"We will never use the new metro if it's not segregated," he tells me, referring to the state-of-the-art underground system being built in neighbouring Dubai. "We will never sit next to Indians and Pakistanis "
Old October 9, 2008, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Prophet Mohammed and his sahabi's were different. Very bad taste of pulling them here in our conversation.
Whats in bad taste is your overt generalisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny747
Beside, Prophet was there hundreds of years ago and how do you compare with today's world?
Comparing what with what?

Quote:
Can you compare recent japanese with the japs during the world war 2? Japanese were regarded very cruel during that time.
Yes I can compare the Japanese governement from pre 1945 to post 1945 but not the people who were normal people like you and me.

Quote:
And why do you think Almighty Allah sent him to arab land?
How am I supposed to know? Allah never told me and until he does so anything you or I say is an assumption.

Quote:
Go and stay in any of the ARab country and you will know. I was in Jeddah for 5 years and that is the worse time of my life beside performing my hajj, occasional umra . I have found very few arabs who i can be friend with.
I lived in Saudi for 1 month. Yes its not a long time but enough to experience the kind of nonsense that goes on on day to day basis. Aside from discrimination factor there was constant bribery and corrupt activites going on right on the door step of Grand mosque.

Again we Bangladeshis dont fare any better. There is a massive gap between the rich and poor they treat the Asians just like how rich city dwellers treat the kajer lok and poor people. We pay them crap, treat them crap, make them work day and night.

And this is us treating our own lot. So I really cant go on blaming Arabs for what they do to others when we suck at human rights issue big time.

Quote:
Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar, bahrain are the most racist country in the middle east.
You have a simple choice, don't go there.
Old October 9, 2008, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

And this is us treating our own lot. So I really cant go on blaming Arabs for what they do to others when we suck at human rights issue big time.

I dont get it, just because some of our countrymen are racist, we cannot criticise racism by others?

Arabs justify racism against Indians by saying "you guys have the caste system, so you are more racist than us". Seems like you belong to the same school of thought, where people are guilty of the crimes of their countrymen, particularly if they are Asians........
Old October 9, 2008, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I dont get it, just because some of our countrymen are racist, we cannot criticise racism by others?
Ofcourse you can. But it would seem rather odd thing to do. You can't go and tell a crippled person that he is useless if you are missing a few limbs yourself. You can if you want to (as no one will stop you) but that will make you look like an idiot.

Quote:
Arabs justify racism against Indians by saying "you guys have the caste system, so you are more racist than us".
Which Arab said that?

Quote:
Seems like you belong to the same school of thought, where people are guilty of the crimes of their countrymen, particularly if they are Asians........
Well, lets go back a few months ago when Australia was playing India and we had a big drama in International Cricket section when I supported Australia against India (starting from the match to the sledging issue).

Point is, If I try to start a thread criticising India for its caste system and lawlessness (in the similar manner we all are bashing Arabs here), I'll get called names, have atleast 4 mods on my back, and have 10 replies overnight saying "You cant generalised like that"..."look at your own skin color before commenting"...etc.

Just like you did in here. Taking potshot at my preference for passport which has nothing to do with Symonds sledghing Harbhajan. But that was expected given your level of ignorance.

So there are 3 possibiities:

1) Its OK to bash arabs NOT Indians (Happens 1 in every 10 threads these days)
2) Its OK to bash Arabs AND Indians (Seldom happens)
3) Its OK to bash Indians NOT Arabs (Big No!!!!)
4) Its NOT OK to bash Either. (I personally go for this)

Unfortunately since very few Arabs stroll in this site, similar ethnic bashing goes unchecked.
Old October 10, 2008, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ofcourse you can. But it would seem rather odd thing to do. You can't go and tell a crippled person that he is useless if you are missing a few limbs yourself. You can if you want to (as no one will stop you) but that will make you look like an idiot.

Big difference, your example would be valid if I personally was racist and yet complained about others being racist against me.

However, you are again implying that we all are guilty of the crimes of our fellow Bangladeshis.........

If you are asked for a bribe in India/Egypt, wherever, would it make sense to justify it just because Bangladesh also has people who ask for bribes ?

Your cripple analogy gives me that vibe......
Old October 10, 2008, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
4) Its NOT OK to bash Either. (I personally go for this)

Its one thing to bash people, its another thing to bash/attack practices prevalent in a particular country.

When BS happens in Bangladesh, you generally have other Bangladeshis criticise the BS. However in tribal societies with strict govt control, you dont have that, so you will see very few Qataris criticise their govt's acts and hence they give the impression the whole country is to blame even if they are not.

You are very prompt to protest generalizing against Qataris, but I have yet to see any Gulf Arabs defend Bangladeshis (when we are unfairly labelled) with a similar intensity online or in person......
Old October 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

How am I supposed to know? Allah never told me and until he does so anything you or I say is an assumption.
for above statement of yours, i lost interest to reply your thread.
you better stick to cricket related topics.
Old October 10, 2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

Arabs exploit the "Muslim brotherhood" sentiments of non-Arab Muslims for their own political agenda, but are not so interested in the suffering of non-Arab Muslims e.g. Kashmir, Bangladesh, Chechnya:

Arabs are getting their asses kicked in:

1. Israel/Palestine: There is a reason why what happened in 1948 happened.

2. Iraq.

Recently Turkey had quite a few soldiers killed by the PKK, and their whole country became furious over this. They have unilaterally changed the Turkish-Iraqi border extending the Turkish border quite a few miles. The 20+ Arab countries could not do anything and don't even dare say anything to the tough Turks, the children of their former Ottoman masters and overlords.

Anyway these sort of incidents which show the ugly racist nature of the Arabs are good in that it opens people's eyes to the nature of these people, who have deviated from Islam and have abused Islam and some of whose members are at times enemies of Islam.

Alien however has a valid point about how mods here will go crazy if anyone dares says anything slightly negative about India.

The forum banner which shows BD as a poor country of malnourished, skinny, 3rd worlders just contributes to the sort of racism highlighted in the post.

Anyway long live Turkish-Bangladeshi friendship for ever, and long live the memory of the glorious Ottoman Empire.

Old October 11, 2008, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

go to the arab countires, take as much of their money as possible, come back home and live your own life. let the arabs blow themselves up.
Old October 12, 2008, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Firstly its not my thread, secondly which part of the post were you offended with?

And lastly, I chose not to stick to cricket related topics. Tough luck if you got problem with that.
Old October 12, 2008, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Big difference, your example would be valid if I personally was racist and yet complained about others being racist against me.

However, you are again implying that we all are guilty of the crimes of our fellow Bangladeshis.........

If you are asked for a bribe in India/Egypt, wherever, would it make sense to justify it just because Bangladesh also has people who ask for bribes ?
I never said that we are guily to crimes of our fellow Bangladeshis. In which case I would be guilty as much and wouldn't be mouthing off here. The point I was trying to get across is that no nation is perfect and neither are we. Some of the worst of humans come from Middle-East just like some of the best humans (our Prophets) came from there as well. Being Arab doesn't make you a racist tool.

Quote:
Your cripple analogy gives me that vibe......
So is your annoying tendency to generalise.
Old October 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Being Arab doesn't make you a racist tool.

Never did I mention anything like that, all I did was criticise some backward policies in a country that is in the Gulf...
Old October 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Most Arabs don like us and only need us to do jobs that Arbs will not do. We do those jobs and earn remittance for our country. But in exchnage we are not bound to like them either. As much as I do not want to generalise, it is however a pervelant thought amongst majority Arabs that we are just an inferior race.

All I am trying to say is, screw them, Hatred never got anyone anywhere. Arab Oil shall not last for ever, provided someone finds an alternative fuel source (I am optimistic) , we are safe and these Arabs are effed. May be we can then hire some electricians from Saudi and still give them the respect so that they can learn something called humanity (something that even the Holy Quran couldnt teach them).
Old October 12, 2008, 01:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

The real Arabs in Saudi are still in the same place like they were thousand years before. They are still in the desert. Working with their Camels and the Dates trees.

And they are a good bunch of people. The real Muslims. And they are not Racists.

The racists are the Kinds and Queens and the other richest people who are not really Saudi Arabians.
Old October 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

I couldn't stop laughing after reading the post. :-d

And you are spot on!
Old October 13, 2008, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc

I couldn't stop laughing after reading the post. :-d

And you are spot on!
Just to clarify what exactly made you laugh? I can't think of anything funnier than your lowest form of IQ.

Also how about you properly reply in this thread rather than take potshot at people and pray they dont come back and read it?

Oh sorry! I forgot you were mentally handicapped.

Last edited by Alien; October 13, 2008 at 05:13 AM..
Old October 13, 2008, 05:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
The racists are the Kinds and Queens and the other richest people who are not really Saudi Arabians.

So are they from Peoples Republic of China?
Old October 13, 2008, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Never did I mention anything like that, all I did was criticise some backward policies in a country that is in the Gulf...
No actually you took on more than one country with your comments like:

Quote:
As is well known here, poorer Arabs including Yemenis and Iraqis are much more racist against us than richer Arabs, at least in the Gulf, this line from an Observer piece echoes the same:
Quote:
Having lived for 20+ years in Arab countries, I can say that you are wrong unfortunately, in fact less well-off Gulf Arabs are much more racist
Old October 13, 2008, 06:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Just to clarify what exactly made you laugh? I can't think of anything funnier than your lowest form of IQ.
Hahaha.. Abar o onek hashi ashlo..

ar ektu jore jore heshe nei...

Quote:
Also how about you properly reply in this thread rather than take potshot at people and pray they dont come back and read it?

Oh sorry! I forgot you were mentally handicapped.
Oh sh*t. Forgot about this thread completely. I liked that that thread. Thanks for reminding me

And you are right about me bening mentally handicapped. But I'm proud of it.
Old October 15, 2008, 04:55 PM
Cricket Sage

So whats the conclusion ? Are they racist or not?