facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 25, 2009, 01:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

You forgot to talk about that disgusting penalty call that gave MU the life line, after that Spurs just gave up.

The Ref will be the story for this match.

Old April 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Howard Webb just handed the Premier League to United .This is the First time I had seen ONE penatly giving FIVE goals.The first half was all Spurs and thanks to some poor defending from United. How both vidic and Ferdinand are nominated for the PFA player award and Lampard left out is still beyond me.
Old April 26, 2009, 10:37 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Having seen the replay many times I can't see how anyone can dispute that penalty. Carrick clearly steered the ball away BEFORE Gomez got there. Gomez touched Carrick first. Don't believe it? Watch this carefully- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JORPeAJJHdw

May be United was fortunate with the penalty. That does not justify a premier league side to "give up" when they still have a lead, which is the real disgusting thing here.

4 shots of goal in 90 mins against United's 12 says it all. United were always likely to score and they scored not one, not two, but FOUR goals. No amount of injustice done by a penalty can erase this fact. The ref may have made a poor decision but nobody talks about the blatant penalty denied by Mike Riley in the FA cup semi-final.

As for PFA nominations, I'm pretty sure those were done around February when United were top form, including players like Vidic, who fully deserves to be in the list for his role in United's record defensive run. I'd personally like Ryan Giggs to win it who has been brilliant in the few games that he's played this season. It boggles my mind how he hasn't won this award once in his glorious 18 year career.

However, it is very much likely it's Stevie-ME who will benefit the most due to split votes between Vidic and Giggs.
Old April 26, 2009, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Good to see you back and I am not surprised at the timing of your comeback. Anyways Congrats in advance for winning a much deserved premier league and hope you knock out Gooners and we barca’s for a rematch in Rome . JT aint gonna take the penalty this time.

Quote:
Having seen the replay many times I can't see how anyone can dispute that penalty. Carrick clearly steered the ball away BEFORE Gomez got there. Gomez touched Carrick first. Don't believe it? Watch this carefully- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JORPeAJJHdw
Gomez touches the balls and its changes its trajectory by close to around 90 degrees with no contact from Carrick. You might have your arguments, but even those pundits on Match of the day, especially Alan Hansen (I know he played for pool) agreed Spurs controlled the game until that Penalty.

Quote:
As for PFA nominations, I'm pretty sure those were done around February when United were top form, including players like Vidic, who fully deserves to be in the list for his role in United's record defensive run.
He is lucky PFA nominations were decided well before that Liverpool game where Torres tore him apart .

Quote:
It boggles my mind how he hasn't won this award once in his glorious 18 year career
Giggs is a great player but to say he deserves that award over lampard,vidic or gerrard award by starting only 9 games this season (YES , 9) is a crime. Giggs is nominated up there SOLELY cos they felt Giggs was undervalued all these years and the result is a sympathy-award for him before he finally hangs his boots.

Rooney , Ronaldo , vidic and ferdinand had a far better season than him .

Quote:
I'd personally like Ryan Giggs to win it who has been brilliant in the few games that he's played this season.
They heard you.

AND ,

*I put my Blue tinted glasses back on*
Old April 26, 2009, 08:42 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Good to see you back and I am not surprised at the timing of your comeback. Anyways Congrats in advance for winning a much deserved premier league and hope you knock out Gooners and we barca’s for a rematch in Rome . JT aint gonna take the penalty this time.
Yea thanks, it's not like I wasn't here the entire time for the past two seasons also, right? Well anyway, the season is played over 38 games, so it's not over yet. And I don't want CL to go to penalties. Penalties are a lottery and would be way too nerve-wrecking for me to handle for a second year.

Quote:
Gomez touches the balls and its changes its trajectory by close to around 90 degrees with no contact from Carrick. You might have your arguments, but even those pundits on Match of the day, especially Alan Hansen (I know he played for pool) agreed Spurs controlled the game until that Penalty.
It's easy for us to debate decisions since we have the hindsight of action replay and the ref don't. So may be it's about time they bring in video technology in the game. In the end, United took advantage and without this predatory mentality, and a bit of fortune you can't win the premier league let alone stay in it.

Quote:
He is lucky PFA nominations were decided well before that Liverpool game where Torres tore him apart .
You say that as if United players are given some kind of timeline to play their best while other players are barred from doing so. There was nothing stopping Torres or anyone else from tearing teams apart in the months before February. So it works both ways doesn't it? PFA nominations are done the same time every year, the best players up to then get the nominations. That said, I think it's strange why can't they do the nominations after the season ends. Surely all the players can't be that busy.

Quote:
Giggs is a great player but to say he deserves that award over lampard,vidic or gerrard award by starting only 9 games this season (YES , 9) is a crime. Giggs is nominated up there SOLELY cos they felt Giggs was undervalued all these years and the result is a sympathy-award for him before he finally hangs his boots.

Rooney , Ronaldo , vidic and ferdinand had a far better season than him .
It is a crime that he hadn't won the PFA a long time ago! Giggs has more pride and more trophies than any player in the country to accept some sympathy award. This is about acceptance of respect from every corner of professional football for the most decorated player in the English football history and a model professional who clearly deserves it.

Quote:
They heard you.

AND ,

*I put my Blue tinted glasses back on*
And I thought you already had them on.