facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2005, 06:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default I\'ve Had It With This Board

In the last few days I have had to put up with lots of silly, uninformed comments that put down a very good England team.

The other posters on this board (this doesn't apply to everyone) are obviously very uninformed and lack knowledge about England cricket and should know better and keep their mouths shut.

When I first joined this board I was expecting some intelligent cricket discussion from passionate Bangladeshi supporters but unfortunatly this has been lacking.

This board is invested with WUMS (Wind Up Merchants) whom staff should ban ruthlessly because they are damaging the integrity of the board.

I have got several pleas from posters on this board on my messageboard (TMS 24/7, they have been saying that BanglaCricket is searching for international posters.

Well, if this is the case why don't you treat international posters from England with respect instead of turning them away like you have done with me by bombarding them with silly unintelligent posts.

This messageboard is heading in the same direction of the BBC TMS boards - TO PIECES AND FULL OF ANNOYING WUMS.

And to top things off I witnessed a petty, pathetic, immature racist comment from Bangladeshi staff, something that if I had said about blacks would of lead to me being punished and a victim of uproar amongst fellow posters.

Bad word will now be spread about this board.

Goodbye.

Old June 5, 2005, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Hi Rob..

I do appologise for some really crazy remarks made towards you and to England team. I hope.. Bangla cricket stuff take some notice about your comment. I know you got hurt , but, i really hope that.. you will overlook some bad and attacking comments made against you as there are many nice forum posters talks in a very decent way. Much better than BBC TMS forum. I really hope that you will overlook some disturbing elements from this forum and will keep on participating with your thoguhts. We are very emotional nation and sometimes.. we tend to carry On. But. I can assure you.. ppl are not that blind about this and most of the ppl will talk decently. This is entirely my own opinion. We support for everytign about our team as much as you do to your counrty. This is just one bad decision and should be taken lightly for the spirit of the game. Rage is probably due to the fact that.. there is a huge amount of anti-Bangladeshi material in the media and We Bangladeshi just get stuffed with such in every now and then. So., this rage towards this decision has certainly have more emotional aspect than the nature of the game. I really hope that.. you will take it nicely and will participate in this forum with your thoguhts.

PS: i also appologise for CTazim's post regarding you and White stuff.. I seriously condem such stupid comment and hope that BC members shall follow some decency when they post someting. Thanks.
Old June 5, 2005, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by Ejaj
PS: i also appologise for CTazim's post regarding you and White stuff.. I seriously condem such stupid comment and hope that BC members shall follow some decency when they post someting. Thanks.
I agree with this...

I would also like to apologize for some of those members in this board. They got caught in the moment and were probably really angry and seeing that you were the only England fan in the board... they took it out on you.... Sorry about that.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:06 AM
Retired BC Admin

rob22888, by any chance, had it ever crossed your mind how in the mother earth we come to this forum day after day to cheer up our team in the face of defeats after defeats, in the face of people's call to strip our status off every other day, in the face of our own member's call for the heads from the coach to the 12th men?

Moreover, we have every right to rue over an unfortunate event. A consolation visit from either the England skipper or keeper to the Bangladeshi camp would help create a comfort zone for the passionate fans all over.

Anyway, the racism remark is totally uncalled for and we'll be looking into the matter for further action. Thank you very much.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Rob,
Hey man, if you see one of these silly little pricks commenting useless BS, then you should just avoid them and replying to their posts. Thats what me and my friends do! We can't stop them from writing whatever they want - but we also have the right to not answer it.
Most of these ppl are little kids, or doesn't really know much about cricket. Otherwise we could've come up with better discussions than "bengali wife and white guy" type of threads!!!
So chill out here- enjoy your time with us, maybe we can share some of our thoughts and learn from each other about life and cricket!
Congratulations on England sweeping the Test series, hopefully we'll be able to put up a better fight in the ODIs!
Old June 5, 2005, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

It's mainly just the series time excitement. I hope you'll understand. And I personally apologize for the racist remarks you've faced.
Old June 5, 2005, 12:05 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The way some of us (specially from a so called BC staff) attacked him and his country I'm afraid in the future very few foreign posters will be interested to join in this forum. And about that racist remark I want to add on more thing. This BC stuff is doing this repeatedly last few weeks but so far so action has been taken against him.

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 7:19 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Old June 5, 2005, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

come on man, these things are bound to happen, just ignore it.

we have had ppl (remember amit) making stupid remarks and we just ignored the hell outta him. i think we banned him.

bottom line is that we, bangladesh fans, get way more "unintelligent" comments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

now you have some tiny idea how we all feel.

we face racism, and all other types of ignorant remarks as well. but we dont bich about it on others forums (most of us at least). we debate with them and show them how illogical and hypocritical they really are. and then they shut up.

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 5:07 PM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old June 5, 2005, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
Bad word will now be spread about this board.

Goodbye.
Sounds like you are threatening us Rob. I don't get it, how calling Jones a cheater can upset you so much!

Anyway, I always appreciated your feeds about county cricket and positive comments regarding our team. I request you to stay with us, just avoid threads thats upsets you so much.

Again, don't take things personally, even Bangladeshi players get skinned here for their mistakes.
Old June 5, 2005, 12:23 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
This BC stuff is doing this repeatedly last few weeks but so far so action has been taken against him.
Trust me, we try our best not to let anything pass by, but it's not possible all the time. BTW, we do take actions, sometimes publicly, sometimes privately. The outcome might not be obvious right away because the communication takes time.

Please keep on reporting posts that you feel inappropriate, we'll do our best to keep the forum enjoyable. Thanks.
Old June 5, 2005, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

bc staff gone bad, eh? case for concern, isn't it? :P

btw rob, racist remarks are definitely uncalled for, and i believe whatever happens on the cricket field is the responsibility of the players, and a nation or a particular race is not to be blamed.

however, do understand that we are right next door to india and pakistan, and trust me - had we been as god as them, cars would be burning and people getting killed after this series. in the subcontinent, passion runs high when it comes to cricket, and although i understand where you're coming from, i'd say you would have done a better job not responding to those posts, especially to those of a certain member who everybody knows was banned twice and may score a hattrick any time.

i mean - the remarks did get personal once you started to intervene. you could've just waited for the moderators to clean up the mess.

don't get me wrong here - i do think that any kind of racist remarks and personal attacks should be strongly condemned.

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 7:23 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old June 5, 2005, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

robb, you say we make uninformed comments and unknowledgable comments about england cricket.

we may do, but have you considered ur making uninformed comments about BD cricket.

i dont regret anythigns that beensaid to you becuase this a fans forum and if went to a england fan forum i would expect the same.

but the racism act i condemn its just petty, behavious from a child
Old June 5, 2005, 08:44 PM
Test Cricketer

I strongly condemn such racist remarks. So, stay on rob. If some one is uninformed, then other opinions will teach him the truth. But you can't impose your version of the truth on others, and I believe you understand that.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Hey Rob, i don't think you should run away from this forum just because some people made some racist comments... just look at how many more people are condemning their actions. Besides, i think the moderators did a pretty good job to clean up the mess.
Old June 5, 2005, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

If what I read is true, racist remarks are ot of line, totally! I also concur with the above posters - Rob, you should not take such attacks personally. There's always a "hot head" in every forum, even staff members are not "perfect".

Also, you must keep in mind that some Bangladeshi's who grew up in western society (I'm not sure if the one that made the racist remarks is of this kind), have been the target of much racist remarks (particularly in England, where, I have heard, racism used to be rife). So, some of these individuals "lose control" and, it seems, you have bore the brunt of their ill feelings. I am, in no way, supporting this individual - I merely explain to you the circumstances. This certain individual, I think, should be dealt with my moderators and banned to let him cool off and reflect on his actions. Furthermore, if he is a BC staff member, he should be stripped of his position. Moderators should be swift here to cut out racism in this forum - it is highly destructive, is "contagious", and can spiral out of control...

On the subject of your threat that you will "spread bad word" - that is unfortunate, and a little childish I might add. I don't know the full story of the "skirmmish" between yourself and forum members, but I am guessing that you may have added fuel to the fire yourself. As they say, 'it takes two to tango'......

I think you should learn to ignore WUMS and racists in the future, and report them to moderators immediately.

Thanks.
jabbar

PS this forum is excellent, and Rob's comments are baseless. I have found most members to be interesting and inciteful. Contrary to Rob's comments, they seem to have vast knowledge of cricket, and know many things outside the sphere of bangladeshi cricket.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 3:15 AM GMT, by jabbar.
Old June 5, 2005, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Nothing to defend,, but really, its an open net, isnt it? Its acknowledged that sometimes there will be remarks/posts that are not appropriate, insulting, derogatory,, but really Have a thick skin.,, Consider 99.99% of the postings vs. few instances of foolishness. If not,, Adios amigo
Old June 6, 2005, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

I think it is expected by passsionate Bangladeshi fans to bash some of the england players. After all it is a Bangladesh cricket board. But the racist remark is not called for and mods will do something about that. But Rob has also bragged about England so you cant dish out criticism and not take it at the same time.
Old June 6, 2005, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

What's bragging about England got to do with dishing out critisism?
Old June 6, 2005, 08:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Racist remarks and behaviors are unacceptable from any source and in any form. I was thoroughly disgusted by a British fan at Lord's who repeatedly asked me shut up every time I cheered for Bangladesh. He even asked me go back home. Then another older gentleman tapped on my shoulder and requested me "to ignore that idiot and remainded me that all Englishmen are not like that and please do cheer for your team". In fact, I was treated very cordially by every other person I met and sometime befriended. There will be ****s in every community. All I can say is to take the advice of the gentleman at Lord's. Please ignore it. We all have the rights to disagree and sometime passionately but it must be in good taste.
Old June 6, 2005, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

rob is running away cause his teams real thing is out in the market that they can steal candy even from a little boy who is not even trying to compete.... well done rob now put all the attention to some thing else so that people forget that how your keeper cheated your captain agreed with and match referee compiled with...

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 6:11 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Old June 6, 2005, 10:46 AM
Street Cricketer

yoo rob man...i dont see wat ur complaining about rob...........if a bangladeshi keeper (Khaled Masud) did that same thing............u guyz from england would have been all over us for that............and u guyz wud have started to talk about taking out test status away..........so mr. rob i hope u realize the fact that wat was done by us is not even close to wat u guyz wud have done..............and besides.............ur in a forum........u shud expect things like that
Old June 14, 2005, 01:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

tell it like it is, adnan !