facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2005, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!
Default Bangladesh take positives out of first win

Source : Agence France-Presse

Lodnon, June 13, 2005

Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore says his side has been given a confidence boost from their one-day win over Worcestershire which will lift them for the NatWest Series.

The tourists bowled out Worcestershire for 168 and then reached their total for the loss of six wickets and with 14 overs to spare.

Whatmore believes their first win in seven matches will steady nerves ahead of the showdown with England and Australia.

"It is always nice to have a win — and never a moment too soon, so we will accept that gratefully and hopefully go on from here," he said.

"Winning is always a tonic for confidence and for when you look forward to the next game. There are areas to improve but it wasn't easy batting out there.

"The boys battled hard and they won the match which was very pleasing. It was professional in the way that they held their nerve but they showed that."

But Whatmore admits beating England and Australia might be asking a little too much.

"We will look upon it as a success if we can have some good individual performances plus some hard-fought matches in the next three weeks," he said.

"If it's your day, you can win. A victory would be a big boost for us because we are up against two good teams."

Worcestershire coach Tom Moody, off to take charge of Sri Lanka after 14 years at New Road, said he had not planned the move to Sri Lanka.

"You can't predict the timing of international jobs," he said.

"It is such a good opportunity for me. I can be considered quite young as a coach but it's such a good opportunity and Sri Lanka are an excellent side and

Old June 13, 2005, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

We will show on Thursday how to misuse the positives!!
Old June 13, 2005, 11:35 AM
Street Cricketer

Come on now - lets not be negative. BD can win this game if everybody in the team wants to win. Success breeds more success as they say in England.
I am yet to hear a single BD player who wants to win! Why such negative attitude? What have they got to loose by being positive about this ODI? You never know - with a bit of luck and hard work they may win! Even if we do not win - don't fight like chickens - fight like tigers.
Old June 13, 2005, 01:58 PM
Club Cricketer

One thing I really loved about the game was that, how Bashar played. He was 0 after facing 20 deliveries. I think thats the temparment, he should show as a captain and others will follow. He eventually got a decent score without doing anything studpid and we won.
Old June 13, 2005, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes Right_Way, I think that is the Positive # 1.
If Habibul and Ash can play with this type of temperament, we shall have our day, for sure.
Old June 13, 2005, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
We will show on Thursday how to misuse the positives!!
Old June 13, 2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

BD fans are more positive than the players... I hope they will fight like a tiger even in a loosing cause.
Old June 13, 2005, 08:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

that's the spirit