facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 12, 2005, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default 2 Match Test series are annyoing me!

Do you know what was our last 3 match Test Series 2 years Ago in Pakistan. That's 7 Test Tours and I believe that plays some factors to our Test Struggles.

It just may be a coincidence that the third test in pakistan was the Multan Test. Playing Three Tests in a Tour is alot differerent than playing 2. You get to understand your opponent better and I think those 7 Extra Tests that we didn't have could of given some better Results.

Here are some of our Tests series That I believe that we could of had a good result or a better showing

1.West Indies Tour in June 2004
2.Zimbabwe Jan 05
3.England Oct 03
4.India Dec 04
5 England June 05

* Note a good result does not neccesarly mean a Win or a Draw but close matches and better innings.

You may think i'm crazy by saying England june 05 but i think after all the confidence that was gained after our second innings , Bashar may have won a Toss and we could of shut up some of our critics.

Old August 12, 2005, 10:24 PM

I agree with cricman. I found that most of the time all the big teams are playing three match Test series. Then why can't Test series be scheduled for three matches for BD? BCB should take strong position to do so when they fix tour with other countries in future.
Much thanks to "cricman" for an important issue like this to bringing in light.
Old August 12, 2005, 11:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Don't worry, if we manage to win one of these '2 test series' by even a 1-0 margin you'll see the big guns start to want to play 3 test series against us.
Old August 13, 2005, 02:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

u must know guyz adt other teams play bd or zimbos coz it is the rule 2 have toured these countries once in every 1 year or 2 year i m not sure!!
playing 1 test dan would b hopeless so they play 2!!
coz playin against u ppl n zimbos wont fetch n e board money!!
thas bitter but absolutely true!!
thas the reason bd is playin just 2 tests while the other nations have a minimum of 3 test or 4 test among them!
Old August 13, 2005, 05:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
Do you know what was our last 3 match Test Series 2 years Ago in Pakistan. That's 7 Test Tours and I believe that plays some factors to our Test Struggles.
..........You may think i'm crazy by saying England june 05 but i think after all the confidence that was gained after our second innings , Bashar may have won a Toss and we could of shut up some of our critics.
Great Cricman! I appreaciate your thinking! I am more than 100% agreed with you! 3 Test should be there!
Old August 13, 2005, 05:47 AM
Street Cricketer

This is a good suggestion by cricman. BCB should organize 3 or more tests as host country in future home series. As BCB is not worried about money, I think it is possible to implement it in future series..
Old August 13, 2005, 09:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

I agree too. Yes, it can change the whole thage of the match and evn if we lose first two tests, I can gurantee that our player can turn arround at thid one.

I can bet u ! U can look at Multan test. and it will tell u how 3 match of test series can effect a team liken BD
Old August 13, 2005, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

lots of ppl play 2 test series nowadays...gone are the days of 4 or 5 test series.
Old August 15, 2005, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Murali and Sangakarra agree with me.

Hey this is the BCB's chance to get another Test vs Sri Lanka.

Edited on, August 15, 2005, 8:06 PM GMT, by cricman.
Old August 15, 2005, 04:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1st, before asking other countries to play a 3 test series we need to have a 3rd venue for our own home 3 test series. Either Khulna, Rajshahi stadium need to be upgraded to international venue. BCB need to invest. (agree with Shanto)

2nd, as Capslock has already mentioned if we win a test in a 2 test series other nation would want to schedule a 3rd test, true. But before we can win a test we need to draw a test first (consistently without the help of the weather). That means BD national team need to bat for 5/6 sessions in each innings. otherwise losing is in the cards. Then once we can achieve that we would need good enough bowlers to bowl a team twice. Long way to go guys. Unless BD shows that kind of fight we must live with 2-test series.
Old August 16, 2005, 12:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh can as Zimbabwe for a 3 test in the month of December. Zimbabwe has cancelled the series with Newzealand. Bangladesh can also have a triseries with Zimbabwe-Kenya-Zimbabwe in December..

By the way any news about tiseries... Is it on or no ?
Old August 16, 2005, 02:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

PERHAPS ICC and others do not realise that we r matured to play 5 match series....LOLz
Old August 16, 2005, 04:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
lots of ppl play 2 test series nowadays...gone are the days of 4 or 5 test series.
There is a 5 test series on now, the Ashes. Although that is the most significant test series in history, so you would expect 5.

Someone mentioned a one test series. This has happened, Australia against Zimbabwe 1999. Steve Waugh made just over 150 from memory