facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old August 1, 2005, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Moderators, I need your help with my Education!

This is probably the most absurd request you have ever had. Here goes. I have cumpulsive obsesive disorder. I get addicted to everything. I have an addictive personality. My education was suffering because I was going to the gym 5 days a week, 2 hours a day. I gained 40 pounds (no drugs - don't believe in them), just exercise and good eating.
I got addicted to television, and had to have the cable company disconnect my cable.
I had to stop seeing my friends to dedecate to my studies.
Now i can't stop coming here, and debating politics. Especially, secularism, democracy, Islam and what not. I am getting deeply involved, and can't stop thinking about it, even when I am trying to read.
So I ask you for help. With the click of a button, can you ban me? I am 100 percent certain this is what I want. I don't even followe cricket. Just send those whom ask to this thread so they know why. I am starting third year BA, and I will be minoring in midde east history. In 3 years, when i'm done, it will be that much more interesting to debate with me.
Anyway, please don't think I'm crazy, or do, I just need help monitoring myself. For those whom have done university, you know what I mean. Self-discipline is hard.
I will visit once a month from my brother-in-laws house, under his computer, as whiteguy2 or something.
please, please, please, I need to start paying off my debts. So please block my ip's. Thank you sooo much!!!! I will be grateful.
I know what you are all thinking, crazy white guy, but it will help me.

Old August 1, 2005, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yeah, ban anyone with the word "white" in his nick
Old August 1, 2005, 10:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
yeah, ban anyone with the word "white" in his nick
I would say go one more step and ban anyone who has "white", "racial", "desi wife" in his post.
Old August 1, 2005, 10:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

i concur

no, really, whiteguy - you are OK. Don't take my previous harsh words to seriously I congratulate you on your accurate self-diagnosis. As far as I can see, when a man posts 10 consectutive posts in a thread, each of them at least 100 lines in length, then that man has a problem. Being banned will do you some good.
Old August 1, 2005, 11:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
i concur

no, really, whiteguy - you are OK. Don't take my previous harsh words to seriously I congratulate you on your accurate self-diagnosis. As far as I can see, when a man posts 10 consectutive posts in a thread, each of them at least 100 lines in length, then that man has a problem. Being banned will do you some good.
hahaha, I know this. Thank you Jabbar. Now when will this happen?

(by the way, in the Indian history, there are sooooo many foreign words, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, and others, that I have to have the computer on to translate. That is my dilamma, as they are not in the normal dictionary, I only have a Bengali dictionary, haven't learned the letters, yet, and the net is easiest. punch in meaning of " whatever" and it comes up.
So for the love of Allah, help this addicted "White Guy"!!!!
Old August 2, 2005, 06:18 AM
Test Cricketer

A joke to get the moderators worried... whiteguy wrote 486 posts in two months without even being interested in cricket.... just wonder what would happen to the forum if he became a cricket addicted!?!?
Old August 2, 2005, 08:16 AM
Retired BC Admin

In fact, whiteguy, you are already a ban candidate for abusing this forum. I was keeping you on as an exception only.

Rule A.3.1 reads ".... Posting only or mostly in the Forget Cricket section"

Anyway, I'll think about the "exception" and will come to a decision within a day or two.

mod.action
Old August 2, 2005, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am kind of sick with all these posts by whiteguy about "me" and "my".

Too self centered!
Old August 2, 2005, 09:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Well... I was only kind of joking, I did not mean to ask him for a ban...

I suggest a compromise: he should stay in the forum but only if he starts being interested in cricket and supporting Bangladesh, obviously!

(I suppose I am annoying too!)
Old August 2, 2005, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Whiteguy,

If you want my advice (a plain regular guy) then: Go to the pawn shop and sell your computer/laptop. And then use that money for Psychiatric treatment ( to tackle your compulsive obsessive disorder) or at least put that money in your education fund.

Just reading the title, at first I thought you are soliciting for money for your education. I glad that is not the case. Asking free advice is always a good thing beacuse it doesn't cost anyone any money to give advice.
Old August 2, 2005, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Whiteguy,

If you want my advice (a plain regular guy) then: Go to the pawn shop and sell your computer/laptop. And then use that money for Psychiatric treatment ( to tackle your compulsive obsessive disorder) or at least put that money in your education fund.

Just reading the title, at first I thought you are soliciting for money for your education. I glad that is not the case. Asking free advice is always a good thing beacuse it doesn't cost anyone any money to give advice.
hahaha, I could probably use some treatment. But, Fazal, I need the computer to translate the myriad of terms that are floating about in my India history book. What do you suggest about that?
Old August 2, 2005, 11:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

[edit]

(i haven't any idea about the level of your bangla..but if u fail to get it ,u can ask your beloved wife )

Edited on, August 2, 2005, 6:08 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.action Please no name calling.
Old August 2, 2005, 01:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Whiteguy,

<
I don't think you should be talking so easily of "psychiatric treatment"... it's not something to be joking about.
Old August 2, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier
I don't think you should be talking so easily of "psychiatric treatment"... it's not something to be joking about.
Why do you think I was joking.

"psychiatric treatment" is a serious matter like any other medical treatment like when you have stomach upsett, flu, diabetes, etc.

And if someone have "cumpulsive obsesive disorder" (as mentioned by whiteguy) its natural that he/she go to a Psychiatrist for professional help.

Edited on, August 2, 2005, 6:58 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old August 2, 2005, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

I'm not sure that whiteguy really meant about "cumpulsive obsesive disorder", anyway I guess you misunderstanding psychological help with psychiatric treatment... that's all, nevermind.
Old August 2, 2005, 04:22 PM
Test Cricketer

You are right Xavier. Psychiatrists perscribe drugs. Psychologists prescribe help without drugs. Psychology is my own major.
Further, as Orpehus pointed out in some other thread, halve of Americans have some kind of disorder. Be it, Attention Hyper Active Disorder (20% of kids in USA), or Depression (At some point in life), about halve, to more serious things, such as Schizophrenia. Either way, mental problems is mainstream now,(Always was, but now is considered acceptable to talk about and seek help) and there is no shame in seeing a mental help therapist. There used to be shame in it. Now it's almost a way to get a third opinion from a non biased person, whom also has some education, and facts, and stats about many issues.
Also, about 60 percent of college students whom enter the first year in North America, fail. About, 30 percent the 2nd year. After that, it declines to 10 percent, and the serious from the non serious have been weeded out by third year.
It is a hugely common problem, procrastination. I have taken CAAS last year, a course that helps how to manage your time, and how to keep yourself motivated. Perhaps I need to re - read the book.
Education is not about intelligence. Every person, (provided they are not retarded), can do it. Of course, the educated elite at the top with power don't like to admit this. One of my professors got angry when I told him this. He was educated in the 50's almost at retirement, and cant' get over the fact that 20 percent of the population has bachelor degrees. He can't feel better than everyone else anymore. hahaha. It is about procrastination, and motivation. I seem to always find something else to procrastinate or think about.
I also find I am an extremist. Years ago, I used to love hockey. We have the Vancouver Canucks here. But I could not watch ALL the games, and find it too time consuming, so I quit all together.
So I simply asked for help. I wasn't trying to be melodramatic. Nor was that the case when I was trying to say goodbye, but haven't seem to be able to sever the cord...and heck I can't afford getting addicted to cricket. I promised myself no more forums after this one. Just like cigarettes, once you go in, you can't stop reading and posting.
:duh:
Old August 2, 2005, 04:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Fazal, that is really funny that you thought I was going to ask for money. hahaha. I never thought of that. Maybe there is someone out there???......who WOULD like to help?
Old August 2, 2005, 08:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

whiteguy....

I think you must be mentally strong and just resist the temptation to hit that "send" button. If you feel the urge to post something, go outside for a walk, or have a cup of tea, or watch some TV - anything to get away from this forum. Only you can help yourself, we are powerless....
that is all.
Old August 2, 2005, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
Just like cigarettes, once you go in, you can't stop reading and posting.
i thought your wife got you out of smoking. if that's the case, then don't you think going to her will be more helpful? think of it this way - you are ten years older than your wife and she'll most likely have you for ten less years. given that the average life expectancy is lower for men than women, that figure might be even greater. Do you want to deprive your baby and your children from being able to spend more time with you by wasting your time on this forum? think whiteguy, think. think of those beautiful eyes and the beautiful dark skin. is it worth it?

now u decide.
Old August 2, 2005, 10:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
Just like cigarettes, once you go in, you can't stop reading and posting.
i thought your wife got you out of smoking. if that's the case, then don't you think going to her will be more helpful? think of it this way - you are ten years older than your wife and she'll most likely have you for ten less years. given that the average life expectancy is lower for men than women, that figure might be even greater. Do you want to deprive your baby and your children from being able to spend more time with you by wasting your time on this forum? think whiteguy, think. think of those beautiful eyes and the beautiful dark skin. is it worth it?

now u decide.

AsifTheManRahman, even though I sense a little bit of sarcasm from your thread, considering your post earlier too, I think you are right. I like what you have said here. I have to treat this for what it is. Another addiction. And that beautiful baby of mine that I cherish so much IS being deprived.
Jabbar, you are right also. I have to be strong. If I can't quit myself, than I will replace it for another addiction. Just like there were cigars instead of cigarettes, there will be other forums. Ok. When I feel like posting, Jabbar, I will shut off the computer, and look up my foreighn words later. Since I am not being banned, and since I can not due something deliberate to be banned, since that is not in my character, I must help myself. Ok, ok. I can do this.
Old August 3, 2005, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Whiteguy posted this message on August-1 at 7:58PM and this is now August-3 1:45PM. I see his desperate petition is not granted yet. I guess, he will have to forget hopes for his education and will have to keep writing here. Poor guy—did not get help from moderators!!