facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 6, 2006, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default Srilanka A team in Bangladesh later this month

Hey check this out. Srilanka want to send their A team to Bangladesh later this month for a tour. Here is the detail:

Lanka to send 'A' team later this month?
Sports Reporter

The Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) expressed their desire to send their "A" team in Bangladesh later this month.

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Ali Asghar informed it yesterday after returning from the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meeting in India.

"During the ACC meeting, SLC president (Mohan de Silva) showed his interest to send their A team. We are also interested to invite them but you know our general secretary (Mahbubul Anam) is now abroad for treatment and that's why it will only be finalised after his return," said Asghar.

Asghar said Sharad Pawar, the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) president, reiterated that Indian cricket team would visit Bangladesh after the World Cup in 2007.

"India has agreed to play a triangular series besides two Test matches during that tour," he added.

He also informed that Roshan Mahanama, the former Sri Lankan opener, will arrive in Bangladesh on January 15 to give a report to International Cricket Council (ICC) about the country's new venues.

Source: The Daily Star

Old January 6, 2006, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Great News ! Now January and February are going to be really spiced up, with Bangladeshi style Masala.
Old January 6, 2006, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Interesting to see what kinda team we will set up to play against Srilanka A team. Do you give some of our national player a chance to get their form back or go with our A team?
Old January 6, 2006, 08:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
Interesting to see what kinda team we will set up to play against Srilanka A team. Do you give some of our national player a chance to get their form back or go with our A team?
Our National team is going to get a chance to get their form back agains't Kenya. I think we should let our A team handle the case.
Old January 6, 2006, 09:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mshakir56
Quote:
Our National team is going to get a chance to get their form back agains't Kenya. I think we should let our A team handle the case.
After our U-19 performance,may be all on a sudden we got the attention of SL.
For a long time we did not hear anything about our A team.We have seen our Dev,U-19 ,U-17 or different aged groups performances so may be it would be a nice idea if we can form a teams from discarded BD team along with U-19,DEV etc .

In any case,it would be very interesting to watch the proccedings.We are catching up with all levels other than Test sides.
Slowly and surely we would be there one day.
Old January 6, 2006, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yes it should be interesting to see how our second string fares against the Lankan A. haven't seen a proper A team tour for quite some time now.
Old January 7, 2006, 01:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

What I completely fail to understand is how SL manages to beat us so bad every time we play them!! Even in the last tour, SL almost smashed BD team completely.... whereas afterwards that same SL team lost badly to India and now to NZ as well. What's the zinx about SL on BD team? Anything psychological?

It will be interesting to see how the BD squad handle the SL-A team this time... will give some hint on how they may do in coming home series vs. SL national.
Old January 7, 2006, 01:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
What I completely fail to understand is how SL manages to beat us so bad every time we play them!! Even in the last tour, SL almost smashed BD team completely.... whereas afterwards that same SL team lost badly to India and now to NZ as well. What's the zinx about SL on BD team? Anything psychological?

It will be interesting to see how the BD squad handle the SL-A team this time... will give some hint on how they may do in coming home series vs. SL national.
We had a long losing history with SL.it is definately a Psychological condition.

I still remember that famous cartoon of Rnabi ---The coach was lifting the player in his lap and player was telling him he does not want to go the the crease...I think that was around 1975/1976 when we got out with only 45 I guess against sL AT DHAKA in a FRIENDLY odi MATCH.
Old January 9, 2006, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Its the best time to get Srilanka as they are really devastated from their tours of India and New Zealand and they are not playing us in their home turf. The starting is the very important though. If we can get a good start in the beginning of the series, it will really put pressure on Srilanka's player as they cant afford to do bad in this series.
Old January 10, 2006, 01:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Its the best time to get Srilanka as they are really devastated from their tours of India and New Zealand and they are not playing us in their home turf. The starting is the very important though. If we can get a good start in the beginning of the series, it will really put pressure on Srilanka's player as they cant afford to do bad in this series.
I agree
Old January 13, 2006, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

BCCB decided to cancel the series because it would interrupt Dhaka premier league.

-Janakantha

Edited on, January 13, 2006, 6:00 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old January 16, 2006, 05:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Thats a sad news.
Old January 16, 2006, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Don't we have a rule against spamming the site with one line posts?
Old January 17, 2006, 02:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Don't we have a rule against spamming the site with one line posts?
I don't think so, sir.
Old January 18, 2006, 01:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
BCCB decided to cancel the series because it would interrupt Dhaka premier league.

-Janakantha

Edited on, January 13, 2006, 6:00 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Is this right ?

Will they cancel a test series next so that it won't interfere in domestic cricket ?

'A' team cricket is very important in the development of Bangladeshi cricket. It is also a good opportunity to evaluate youngsters before they are given the Bangladeshi cap.
Old January 18, 2006, 07:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

I dont care whoever wins. i just want to watch BD games. But hope BD will win 1 or two matches or at least they will be a tough team for srilanka to play!
Old January 18, 2006, 08:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

so wut about it.is it going ahead or are they gonna cancel it.

PCL has entered a crucial stage ( super 6) and i think it shudnt be disturbed.....nevertheless we shud play Srilanka A....i think we can manage a 2nd string team widout disturbing PCL.