facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old January 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Why Bangladesh, India or Sri Lanka never produce FAST bowlers?

Perhaps because they are majority dravidians in one way or the other, [ ] indians although nominally aryans mostly look like "[ ] people with straight hair".

and got no physique to bowl really frighteningly quick, or fast, i mean, aussies, kiwis, south africans, english, west indians except for zimbabwe every team outside subcontinent has produced fast bowlers (not fast medium but really terribly fast ) at some time or another, and all of them have some fast bowlers in their currently active cricketers.

like australia has brett lee, nz shane bond, west indies (despite being a poor team) has jermaine lawson, england's harmison/flintoff/gough qualify, south africa's hayward was there, ntini is borderline case, while this new guy is there in the VB series who notches up some pace.

in the subcontinent too, pakistan produces so many fast bowlers and has historically been the most prolific producer of that in the last two or three decades perhaps. maybe except for west indies.

why can't bangladesh, sri lanka or india produce any fast bowlers, let alone great quality fast bowlers? they don't have the built, the physique to bowl fast is the only answer that comes to my mind.

perhaps if the physically stronger races were given more opportunities, they would have made these feeble nations proud.

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 3:45 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.edit

Old January 18, 2006, 04:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Let me ask you, with the exception of Shane Warne, how come Australia, England, NZ, WI, SA can't produce an international class spinners? Color or race is not an issue the way you are trying to potray. It is how each country create their pitches and cricketers love to play the game.

By your name and the way you create topics, it seems to me that you may solve the problem of Bangladesh Cricket in fast bowling department. We are in need of aryan origin fast bowler. Feel free to contact Cricket Bangladesh.

(Please do not drag race into everything.)

Edited on, January 18, 2006, 10:11 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old January 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Let me ask you, with the exception of Shane Warne, how come Australia, England, NZ, WI, SA can't produce an international class spinners? Color or race is not an issue the way you are trying to potray. It is how each country create their pitches and cricketers love to play the game.
you admit there is at least an exception, who except perhaps for muralithran is not bettered by any other spinner from the subcontinent. then naturally question will be why bangladesh, sri lanka or india doesn't produce spinners who take more test wickets than shane warne? but that's ridiculous since you've to play many tests to take that many wickets and not many players have played that many tests.

Quote:
By your name and the way you create topics, it seems to me that you may solve the problem of Bangladesh Cricket in fast bowling department. We are in need of aryan origin fast bowler. Feel free to contact Cricket Bangladesh.

(Please do not drag race into everything.)

Edited on, January 18, 2006, 10:11 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.

don't judge a book by its cover, nor a forum member by his/her username.
unfortunately your judgments alone won't solve problems. what you think therefore is irrelevant for bangladesh cricket. Bangladesh needs aryan fast bowlers? perhaps.

but real question was not answered by you though. and mind you, pakistan did produce a lot of fast bowlers, quality FAST bowlers, some of the greatest in the game, and also has a couple of FAST bowlers, question is why only pakistan who come from the subcontinent can produce fast bowlers while [Edited] skinned sri lankans, [Edited ] indians or mostly [Edited ] skinned (DRAVIDIAN+MONGOLOID/2) people can not produce a single FAST bowler of great calibre, let alone a FAST bowler of any sort.

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 3:23 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.warning: Please read our board rules before posting next time.
Old January 18, 2006, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by aryan_bengali
Perhaps because they are majority dravidians in one way or the other, hindu indians although nominally aryans mostly look like "black people with straight hair".
Some of the greatest pacers in the world came from the West Indies, who are not 'aryan'. Would you care to explain that one?

Also, Shoaib Akhtar, the world's fastest pacer looks more Dravidian than 'aryan':
Old January 18, 2006, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

indianra ebong sri lankanra niramish khaay, r amader chelera khetei paay na. etai shomossha.

onno dike pakistanira ruti, goshto r basmati chaal khaay. r khawar por naak deke ghum dey na. tader prokritio besh rukkho. tai tara sharirik bhabe onek beshi shoktishali hoy.

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 4:00 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old January 18, 2006, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

An useless thread
Old January 19, 2006, 12:38 AM
Banned

I find the original post very funny!

How can you put Bangladesh in the same bracket as SriLanka and India?

Kapil Dev, Srinath, Vaas, Pathan were/are not world class bowlers?

Quality fast bowling in not only about speed...but a combinaton of few things.
Old January 19, 2006, 03:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
perhaps if the physically stronger races were given more opportunities, they would have made these feeble nations proud.
Perhaps you should offer your physically stronger self to your nation so as to make your nation proud.
Old January 19, 2006, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 3:45 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.edit
So how can west punjab produce fast bower like Akram, Younis while east punjab produce spinner like Bedi, Harbazan. Man it is eating habit not race. So allmost all Indian fast bowlers are muslims bar Kapil from Mohammad Nissar to Irfan Pathan -real meat eater. We are more famous for eating fish. So no fast bowler.

Regarding very good spinner in Aus and England. I am giving you a list

Aus
Hugh Trumble
Arthur Maily
C Grimmet
B Ironmonger
Tiger O'Reilly
Flintwood Lockwood Smith
Richi Bennod
And S McGill could play any team if he was not contempory to Shane. May be James could add more

Eng
H Varity
S Barnes
J Laker (only bowler to take 19 wickets in a test)
Underwood (Consider deadliest LA spinner even he was Bedi's Contempory)
Rob please add
The mentioned players are considered legend. I am not considering Tufnel or Hemmings. So absence of quality spinner does not mean they can not produce spinner.
Th
:P
Old January 19, 2006, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Lance Gibbs (West Indian) was one of the finest spinners to ever put foot on a cricket pitch. In fact he even held the world wicket taking record.

The fact that Wasim, Waqar, Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Srinath and Akhtar came from the subcontinent meant nothing?

Benaud, Laker, Warne, Underwood, the list goes on were great caucasian spinners.

Race shouldn't determine cricket ability AT ALL. Sure there's evidence that Africans run faster than caucatians. Shouldn't that mean that the dark skinned people should in fact bowl faster? You're going about this all the wrong way. The fact that the sub-continental pitches generally turn is enough alone to encourage many kids to take up spin bowling. Likewise, coaches would encourage them to do likewise.

The current Australian team has grown up watching Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thompson terrorise batsmen. That's the main reason behind the Lee's and McGrath's not some racial function thing.
Old January 19, 2006, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by James90

The current Australian team has grown up watching Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thompson terrorise batsmen. That's the main reason behind the Lee's and McGrath's not some racial function thing.
Ditto for Pakistanis growing up watching Sarfaraz, Imran, and the Ws while Indians grew up seeing more of Gavaskar and Tendulkar.
Old January 19, 2006, 09:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Frankly this is the first time in this forum that I smell the stench of "Race" ....
To me (correct me if I am wrong) ..this thread suggests that "Aryan" ..(read Pakisthanis ..or of similar origin) are racially more suited (again read superior) to produce great fast bowlers ...

Please correct me if I am wrong ..........

I think what Banglatiger84 is absolutely correct ..it depends on who you adore ..kids what to emulate them and hence the result ...

Also fast bowling does not depend on "meat" or "fish" eating traits ....

"perhaps if the physically stronger races were given more opportunities, they would have made these feeble nations proud."

FEEBLE NATIONS ! I dont how BD's or SL take it ...but thats an insult to me ...
Arayan_bengali ..u must be out of u'r mind to call India feeble ....cricket or otherwise ..

Disgusting thread to say the least ....
Old January 19, 2006, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

I have noticed some Pakistanis harping on how they are not south asians, and how they are instead aryans and of a superior breed. That sounds ridiculous specially when their appearance is just like many Indians and Bengalis. The sub continent is a diverse place with combinations of every race present.

Aryan_bengali is the first bengali i have seen, if he is one, who has this trait of claiming to be superior through his race while putting down "feeble" races.

"perhaps if the physically stronger races were given more opportunities, they would have made these feeble nations proud."

The above is one of the funniest and most inaccurate statements i have read on banglacricket. My experience says its generally people with an identity crisis who try to claim to be superior in public, that too on an internet forum.

i have seen that kids who are half-arab or half-bengali, are generally more jingoistic and try to show themselves superior to hide their inferiority complex.

I hope aryan_bengali starts having interesting discussions with us on topics apart from race.
Old January 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Color or race is not an issue the way you are trying to potray. It is how each country create their pitches and cricketers love to play the game.
but real question was not answered by you though.
It is hard to discuss/argue with someone who don't read and does not want to apprehend what others say. I am putting it in bold for you.

For 6 pages of worthless discussion in another thread in "Forget Cricket" I stayed out of it. I guess we would need Mod's to close this thread also before it gets out of hand.
Old January 19, 2006, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

"but real question was not answered by you though. and mind you, pakistan did produce a lot of fast bowlers, quality FAST bowlers, some of the greatest in the game, and also has a couple of FAST bowlers, question is why only pakistan who come from the subcontinent can produce fast bowlers while [Edited] skinned sri lankans, [Edited ] indians or mostly [Edited ] skinned (DRAVIDIAN+MONGOLOID/2) people can not produce a single FAST bowler of great calibre, let alone a FAST bowler of any sort."

1.KAPIL IS THE HIGHETS SUB CONTINENT WICKET TAKER AND NOT ANY PAK BOWLER
2.VAAS OR FOR THAT MATTER SRINATH ARE BETTER BOWLERS THAN THE INCONSISTENT SHOAIB ..WHO BREAKS DOWN EVERY FIFTH MATCH ...HMM MAYBE HIS GENETIC MAKEUP IS FEEBLE ..

God ! This [ ] has made me stoop to his level !

I CAN SAFTELY SAY THAT ARAYAN_BANGALI IS OF A DIFFERENT GENETIC MAKEUP FROM THE OTHERS IN THE FOURM ....

I cant understand this ..is this guy a BD or a Paki ...how can a BD guy call his own country feeble ...

THIS REALLY BEATS ME ....

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 10:22 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content
Old January 19, 2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

This thread will go nowhere. Closing it.
Closed Thread