facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2006, 06:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
u misunderstood...I didn't say we've to lose 3 wickets, 55/1 is better than 50/3...a 4 year old would know that. but I still prefer 50/3 over 25/0...that gives us a fighting chance where 25/0 means another "Resoectable defeat"! we are nor talking about the ideal situation here...hope i made it clear this time.
don't know what to say. either you are funny or don't have any idea. just see what did windies yesterday. they were 27/0 in 7 overs and they scored 90/1 after 14. cause they had wicket in hands and accelarate later. 50/3 is not a good score niehter 25/0 but if i had to choose i will go for 25/0 in ten overs. but our problem was that we lost nafees early and they had to slow down.

Old October 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
Test Cricketer

1. if we win toss: bat first keeping the same batting orders as the SL match. When bowling, Rafiq/Razzaq should be introduced earlier (even within 8th/9th over).

2. If we bat second and WI made a big total (>280), Mash or Rafiq should open with SN and Ash coming at 4/5 and Aftab at 1st down. If WI is contained within 250/260, keep the batting order like that in SL match.

Hope Rasel wont give such riddiculous short balls one after another. Crap.
Old October 10, 2006, 02:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

yeah wickets in hand is much more important....
Old October 10, 2006, 03:06 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default quick thought

the trick to beating the Windies team, as the recent DLF cup would seem to indicate, is stifle their top order and force them to get out for explosive cameos (ala Aftab), and put the middle order under pressure where the likes of Runako, Smiths et al can fold much like the BD batsmen.

Given this, I hope we bat first. Some other poster had said, Ash should be assured his place for the next 10 games. I agree with that - Dav, Bashar & Faruqe should tell Ash to cut out the cheeky stuff and just to bludgeon every ball - show him tapes of his innings against England (THAT one) if needed.

If we can set a target of 250+ for windies, then game on. A key component would also involve Saqib bowling a lot better than he did against India. A reprisal of Rana at Gros Islet would be perfect - after all Sakib is the new Manjurul Rana. Three spinners taking the pace off, bowling flat and forcing the Windies batters to force the pace - that just might do the trick.

Rasel vs Shahadat - I'm undecided. If we are chasing then definitely Shahadat. If we bat first, it should be Rasel.
Old October 10, 2006, 05:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
....Rasel vs Shahadat - I'm undecided. If we are chasing then definitely Shahadat. If we bat first, it should be Rasel.
True but unfortunately we have to decide on the team before toss.
Old October 10, 2006, 07:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
don't know what to say. either you are funny or don't have any idea. just see what did windies yesterday. they were 27/0 in 7 overs and they scored 90/1 after 14. cause they had wicket in hands and accelarate later. 50/3 is not a good score niehter 25/0 but if i had to choose i will go for 25/0 in ten overs. but our problem was that we lost nafees early and they had to slow down.
I won't go as far as to say you've no idea or you are funny , you are entitled to your opinion! There has always been debate about how to approach the opening of an inning in ODIs. even experts disagree on this topic. so rather than blowing you away, I'll just respectfully insist that you keep your opinion and let me keep mine! and who was windies playing again and chasing how much?
Old October 10, 2006, 08:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I would like to see rafiq coming before Mashud while batting. We have to be more flexible with Rafiq. I always thought he is one of the best strikers of the ball against spin bowling though he is a bit clueless against faster bowlers these days ( you pitch it up or bang it in short and he is hitting air ). He is very quick to judge the length of the ball against spinners. Gayle is their run choker in the middle overs as well as wkt taker. If the situation presents itself, I would like to see rafiq promoted up the order in this game whenevr Gayle or other slower bowlers are in operation. Even if he contributes a quick 25-30 in the middle overs, that will be valuable in the long run and would certainly take some pressure off the middle order batsmen who can accumulate. I don't see him making any contribution with the bat in the deep end against their fast bowlers. Will the situation present itself?
Old October 10, 2006, 08:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well said beamer bhai

#OneTeam1Dream