facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Finished Bioshock 2. The story lacked the "surprise twist" factor of the first... and generally wasn't as interesting as its predecessor. For first 80% of the game, I didn't even really care about the story... I was just killing, hacking, gathering adam, etc without paying much attention to anything else. They seem to have packed everything that was interesting into the last 20% of the game. Though, the "new" gameplay elements (in particular, setting up traps while gathering adam) are kind of cool (the others I can't really talk about without spoiling). Overall, it was just okay for me... could have been a lot better.

GoW 3 is next for me...

Old February 13, 2010, 07:34 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Based on reviews, I can wait for Bioshock 2 to hit the bargain bin.

From here it's Heavy Rain, Bad Company 2, God of War III, FF XIII and Red Dead Redemption all the way for me in the next couple of months. Damn I'm gonna be skint...
Old February 14, 2010, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
360 and PC didn't get the demo first. PS3 got the multiplayer beta way back in November, then PC and 360 got it and then the demo came out for all the platforms.
Seriously ? Wow, how come I never saw it in Playstation store....
Old February 14, 2010, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Until GoW 3 comes out, thinking of picking up Bayonetta for 360 (played demo on ps3 but was told 360 version has better graphics), now that it's under £20. The demo felt intense, fun, crazy and ridiculous... all at the same time.

Last edited by goru; February 14, 2010 at 08:06 AM..
Old February 14, 2010, 08:30 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Seriously ? Wow, how come I never saw it in Playstation store....
My guess is it came out on 360 and PC shortly as a beta before it became a demo because the PS3 already had its beta in November. But it has been available as a demo now on PS Store for a while. If you can't find it just use the search function.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Palm)
Old February 23, 2010, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

IGN has posted a preview for Forgotten Sands:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1070440p1.html

Well, I'm glad at least there's some very new elements in it (freezing water and all).
Old February 24, 2010, 08:12 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Heavy Rain review by IGN

Old February 24, 2010, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

IGN ratings are a bit weird. They gave BioShock 2 a "9.0 (outstanding)", but trust me, there's nothing "outstanding" about the game. It's just OK, and nowhere near as awesome as the first game.

Anyway, I have been playing Bayonetta... about 90% done... and I have to say, this game has exceeded my expectations. I was waiting for the price to drop below 20 quid, but this game is definitely worth the release price and even more! From the reviews, I expected a typical OTT Jap action game with some nonsensical story and cheesy dialogue, but is still quite fun to play (it sounded like DMC + God of War). After playing most of it, I have to say that it is extremely OTT, extremely cheesy (but in a good way), and most importantly, extremely fun. And even then, I feel like "extremely" is understating it. And... there is actually a story that draws your interest later in the game, and even has some nice touching moments. The only negative for me is the horrible music in the game... but I think it's tolerable considering how incredible the rest of the game is.

Trust me, if you love fun action games, you must play Bayonetta.
Old February 24, 2010, 11:21 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Ratings never tell you the whole story. Different reviewers have different standards. It's what said in the review that matters. Gametrailers gave Heavy Rain 8.9 overall, but they gave its story 9.6. The general consensus seems to be that Heavy Rain despite some minor flaws has a very good story. I just can't wait for the game to arrive on my doorstep this Friday.

As for Bayonetta, I was excited for that game but since they messed up the PS3 version I was not willing to pay full price for it. I would gladly hand over my hard earned money for a game if the developers work hard enough to earn it and I think they short changed PS3 owners by bringing such a shoddy port of the game. I will probably give it a rent eventually as I wasn't that impressed by the demo.
Old February 24, 2010, 11:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
Finished Bioshock 2. The story lacked the "surprise twist" factor of the first... and generally wasn't as interesting as its predecessor. For first 80% of the game, I didn't even really care about the story... I was just killing, hacking, gathering adam, etc without paying much attention to anything else. They seem to have packed everything that was interesting into the last 20% of the game. Though, the "new" gameplay elements (in particular, setting up traps while gathering adam) are kind of cool (the others I can't really talk about without spoiling). Overall, it was just okay for me... could have been a lot better.

GoW 3 is next for me...
The problem with Bioshock 2 (if it is a problem) is that its predecessor took away a lot of the novelty factor that made the game so bloody brilliant. That said, the 2nd is still pretty amazing. I think ps3 games this year will certainly be better than the ones that came out in 2009.
Old February 25, 2010, 11:50 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Received my copy of Heavy Rain a day early and beat it in one sitting. This is by far one of THE best story-driven games I've played, and while not perfect by any means, Heavy Rain boasts a gripping and emotionally exhausting narrative that few games can even come close to achieve. It's so refreshing to play a game that genuinely makes you think twice before you make a difficult decision instead of shooting everything on sight. I am told there are at least 20 different endings and I can't wait to play through it again. All I can say is, if you have a PS3, you'd be doing yourself serious injustice if you miss out on this gem.
Old February 26, 2010, 12:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Might as well change the thread title to "A Selected Anthology of 21st Century Romantic Correspondence between goru and Hatebreed"

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 26, 2010, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Might as well change the thread title to "A Selected Anthology of 21st Century Romantic Correspondence between goru and Hatebreed"
Jealousy ain't a good look on you, gurl!
Old February 26, 2010, 01:10 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Gametrailers just posted a TON of brand new God of War 3 footage, with interviews and insider looks. If you're even remotely curious about this game, I highly recommend you watch it right away-

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...p=85&ch=1&sd=0
Old February 26, 2010, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Bayonetta completed.

The ending to the game was kind of annoying... you think it's over, and then it's not... you think it's finally over, and then it's not... the damn credits start rolling and stop 30 seconds later and make you play some more again... then you watch a long cutscene... then credits start rolling again, and you think there's nothing more to do... but then again you are playing bits here and there... basically, from the time I thought it was over to the time it was actually over, it was a good half hour and at least a half dozen false alarms... way to overdo it!
Old February 27, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 1, 2010, 04:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Anyone here play warcraft or call of duty modern wf?
Old March 1, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Sony FAIL!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/19041...rns_sony.html/

Quote:
Leave Your PlayStation 3 Off or Else, Warns Sony

Matt Peckham

Mar 1, 2010 8:00 pm

PlayStation 3 Do Not Touch

It's probably just a 24 hour bug, but you'll want to leave your glitchy PS3s off in the meantime, just in case, says Sony.

In an update posted to the company's international Twitter feeds and official PlayStation blogs at roughly 9:15am PT, Sony wrote that it hopes to resolve an issue preventing gamers from playing games or connecting to its PlayStation Network, but advises that "you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality."

Those "functionality errors" could include properly recording trophies obtained by completing specific goals in games, as well as "not being able to restore certain data," though it's unclear what Sony means by the latter.

The issue, which manifested as clocks turned from February 28 to March 1, affects older "fat" PS3s only ("slims" are unaffected) and manifests as a time reset to 12/31/99 when you power the system on. Attempting to play certain games offline brings up an error message, as does signing into Sony's PlayStation Network.

Some users have also reported that they can't access streaming videos, such as those downloaded from online video rental service Netflix.

For a more detailed look at the issue, see our info-roundup: Global PlayStation 3 Glitch: What We Know So Far.
Glad I have the PS3 slim!

(although, I haven't turned on my PS3 in a few weeks... been using the 360 mostly)

EDIT: From official blog ( http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...-error-update/ ):

Quote:
Posted on 1 March by Jem Alexander – Social Media Manager, SCEE
PSN Error Update

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please check either PlayStation.Blog, Twitter or PlayStation.com.
Old March 1, 2010, 08:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Quote:
Sony FAIL!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/19041...rns_sony.html/

Glad I have the PS3 slim!

(although, I haven't turned on my PS3 in a few weeks... been using the 360 mostly)

EDIT: From official blog ( http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...-error-update/ ):
I turned on the PS3 last night and encountered this. I don't think its a big deal.

By the way; Love my FAT PS3! Linux is all worth it
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:46 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Sony FAIL!
Not as big a fail as the red ring of death or the 10+ days of Xbox Live outage back in 2008.

That said, the whole reaction to this 'ApocalyPS3' has been hilarious to say the least.

Old March 3, 2010, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2619/ff...outsell-ps3-21

Quote:
FFXIII: 360 Version To Outsell PS3 2:1

Tom Hopkins 11:27, Monday 1 March 2010

Research shows Square Enix's JRPG opus will sell second best on the lead platform

According to 'search and pre-order analysis' by MyVoucherCodes.co.uk the game will perform far better on the Xbox 360 in the UK, outselling the PS3 version by more than two to one.

"In the last month alone, there have been more than 250,000 unique searches for the title on the Xbox 360, compared to 120,000 searches for the game on the PS3," reads the release. "Pre-order prices for the game online vary very little from title to title, although the Xbox 360 is the cheaper next-gen console option when compared to the PlayStation 3."

Only the game's release can tell if the report is accurate, with the game out a week tomorrow, on Tuesday March 9. Which version will you get?
I was gonna get it for PS3 (in a couple of months when price drops), 'cause the idea of a FF game not on a PS just seems strange to me. But now having second thoughts...
Old March 3, 2010, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

I was gonna get it for PS3 (in a couple of months when price drops), 'cause the idea of a FF game not on a PS just seems strange to me. But now having second thoughts...
Funny since Final Fantasy came out on Nintendo
Old March 3, 2010, 10:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

BF:BC2 came out!!! who has it? who played it? im gonna get it for PC.
Old March 3, 2010, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Funny since Final Fantasy came out on Nintendo
Yeah, but the best FF was on PS. :P

(ok, it's on PC too now, but anyway...)
Old March 3, 2010, 12:57 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:

You're gonna pick it up on a non-lead console because some website predicts it's gonna sell more on it? I'm sorry but that is the lamest reasoning I've heard for a game purchasing decision. It's not even like FFXIII is a multiplayer game. But do what you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
BF:BC2 came out!!! who has it? who played it? im gonna get it for PC.
I'm waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. But I know I'm gonna love it since I enjoyed the beta to bits.